Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 01:25:02 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Three Graves for a Winchester (3 colpi di Winchester per Ringo) (1966)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Three Graves for a Winchester (3 colpi di Winchester per Ringo) (1966)  (Read 2167 times)
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2008, 04:52:36 PM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058861/

http://www.spaghettiwestern.altervista.org/3colpi_winchester.htm

This is weird, though not particularly brilliant in the plot and quite amateurish in the shooting scenes. But it has those 3 or 4 original scenes that I require from any SW and they are rather bizarre. I'm referring to Hargitay's temporary blindness, the incredible party scene with 4 black dancers and the tying of Hargitay's wife. Also the final duel is original. The plot is simple but effective: it never drags, though the first episode is almost childish. Hargitay and Mitchell are two ex pards who split their ways over a woman and find themselves later on two different fields. There's the usual villain (Staccioli) who wants all the land but finds resistance in Hargitay's family. Mitchell puts himself at his service and is a wrong move. So this gets 7\10, thoough I presume it might get an even higher valutation from other fans.
The score is strange, almost modal throughout, played with unusual instrumentation (a mouth harp is the leading instrument in the black dance). But is very effective and absolutely original not only as far SW's are concerned but I presume for most movies of the time.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM