Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 17, 2017, 12:24:58 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Degueyo (1966)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Degueyo (1966)  (Read 2368 times)
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2008, 08:13:15 PM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060296/

http://www.spaghettiwestern.altervista.org/deguejo.htm

Like many all-action movies this is filled with incongruities but the fast rhythm makes you forget about them and so I give it a 7\10. Which could have been higher had the male cast been better chosen. Rossi-Stuart, indio-looking Torres and Vargas do not look yankee and hard in this. Garrone (one of my favourite actors) manages himself well. But as noted in the enthusiastic  IMDB review Dan Vadisn (he looks like Pietro Torrisi) steals the show and really is one of the best villains in the history of the genre. His death is memorable. The female cast is the best I've found so far in any SW: though none in early twenties, they are all good looking (the fact that Erika Blanc looks negligible tells it all).
A mexican gang led by Vadis holds in thrall a small town where it is supposed to be hidden a treasure whose location is known by an ex Army colonel. The adult males have been taken to the gang's sanctuary. Rossi Stuart is the son of an ex associate of the colonel and arrives in town with other 3 people and they will contribute to Vadis defeat. 
The score could have been good for some tv western 10 years before.

O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 12:13:38 PM »

A very decent American-style SW in which most of the actors play a decent role. Clearly, this SW deviates a lot from the Leone, Sollima, etc styles but there is a lot of action and very few of the characters are alive by the end of the movie.

Contrary to Titoli's view, I think Torres' half Mexican-indian looks are perfect for the character "Logan the drunk". But I concur with Titoli's evaluation of 7/10 for this movie.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM