Other/Miscellaneous > Off-Topic Discussion

The Leopard aka Il gattopardo (1963)

(1/15) > >>

COLONNA:
I just bought the new DVD: complete, brilliant, luxurious with many  great actors (Burt Lancaster is a master)

Some " spagh " names: giulano gemma,  terence hill and ... wild and a little bit fat Claudia herself   :D

Groggy:
 Yes, I love this movie.  The only of Visconti's I've seen, and it's superb.

COLONNA:
Groggy, try to see "Les Damnés" (French title) , it's great with an amazing scene about the "long-knife night" when Nazi SS killed Nazi SA .. . Others Visconti products are very good.
I give you the french titles: Violence et passion (with burt lancaster) , Ludwig , L'innocent, Death at Venice.
Visconti was noble, gay and marxist , you could try to recognize his three obsession within his master pieces

Groggy:

--- Quote from: COLONNA on December 12, 2003, 03:19:45 AM ---Groggy, try to see "Les Damnés" (French title) , it's great with an amazing scene about the "long-knife night" when Nazi SS killed Nazi SA .. . Others Visconti products are very good.
I give you the french titles: Violence et passion (with burt lancaster) , Ludwig , L'innocent, Death at Venice.
Visconti was noble, gay and marxist , you could try to recognize his three obsession within his master pieces

--- End quote ---

Les Damnes (sorry, can't make the accent mark) sounds interesting.  

Visconti: Noble, gay, Marxist?  I wouldn't have thought those could go together, but here we are.

COLONNA:
There are many common points between Sergio and Visconti  :

-Italians
-Sense of the Opera and the "great entairtainment"
-Good use of US Stars with sometime a reboot of their carreer (Lancaster, Fonda )
- Taken risk with young actors for main characters  : Clint, Delon
- Admiration for fine ladies; Claudia, Romy
-Landscapes
-precise suits
-Historical background
-Musical use

It seems that Bernardo Bertolluci was impressed by both Directors .Rememeber Novecento

Let's imagine; 1880 Olive crisis in Sicilia, many people ruined and went to America to become pistoleros : Terence Hill , Giulano Gemma or whore: Claudia. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version