Other/Miscellaneous > Off-Topic Discussion

The Leopard aka Il gattopardo (1963)

<< < (13/15) > >>

titoli:

--- Quote from: dave jenkins on November 26, 2011, 11:03:40 AM ---Care to comment on Archibald Colquhoun's English translation? No, I didn't think so . . . .

--- End quote ---

Wasn't by Mickey Knox?

dave jenkins:

--- Quote from: titoli on November 26, 2011, 01:25:14 PM ---Wasn't by Mickey Knox?

--- End quote ---
;D

Some are complaining about Medusa's black levels: http://forum.blu-ray.com/italy/183567-il-gattopardo-di-luchino-visconti.html#post5499373

Groggy:
Let me ask a dumb question: How much better is the longer cut than the 165-ish minute one?

Novecento:

--- Quote from: dave jenkins on November 26, 2011, 04:18:32 PM --- ;D

Some are complaining about Medusa's black levels: http://forum.blu-ray.com/italy/183567-il-gattopardo-di-luchino-visconti.html#post5499373

--- End quote ---

Some guy there is saying that the restoration is better than the Criterion in spite of the black levels. Frankly I love my Criterion BD and find the print quality incredible, so certainly won't be double dipping for that reason. I am however very interested in Tornatore's documentary.

--- Quote from: Groggy on November 26, 2011, 08:04:15 PM ---Let me ask a dumb question: How much better is the longer cut than the 165-ish minute one?

--- End quote ---

Never watched the shorter one (although it is actually included on the Criterion release)

dave jenkins:

--- Quote from: Groggy on November 26, 2011, 08:04:15 PM ---Let me ask a dumb question: How much better is the longer cut than the 165-ish minute one?

--- End quote ---
I can't recall now what you lose in the shorter version (Delon and Cardinale fooling around in the deserted palace, maybe? The visit from the government official?), but the only reason to watch the 165-ish one is for Lancaster's self-dubbed audio. The longer cut with the Italian dub is the way to go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version