Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2018, 03:08:38 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  the GBU Stone
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2
: the GBU Stone  ( 8440 )
pirate77
Road Apple

« : March 28, 2008, 10:32:52 AM »

Hi Guys, I am new to the forum, and I want to tell all you enthusiasts, my father has a very interesting item, when he was younger he worked has a catering assistant on the GBU set, in burgos, after the gunfight scene at sad hill, he collected the stone that Clint Eastwood put down in the circle, the one that the name of the grave was suposed to be written on, and has kept it in his glass cabinet ever since, its funny whenever he has visitors he makes them watch the GBU, and when the scene comes on he runs to the cabinet to get his beloved stone, I wonder if it was auctioned on ebay how much would something like that be worth.

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #1 : March 28, 2008, 10:42:34 AM »

:o

Do you have a picture of it?

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
pirate77
Road Apple

« #2 : March 28, 2008, 10:46:57 AM »

I dont have a picture at the moment, its something I have never thought of doing, I could probably get one, I am off on holiday tomorrow and I wont be home until 23rd april, I could do it then

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #3 : March 28, 2008, 03:10:31 PM »

I would say thousands at least  O0

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Tuco the ugly

« #4 : March 28, 2008, 03:18:53 PM »

I'd like to see that stone very much. O0

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #5 : March 28, 2008, 03:38:20 PM »

It would be difficult to authenticate, though, wouldn't it?

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
Atlas2112
Bounty Killer

formerly Gay Patrick Stewart

« #6 : March 28, 2008, 03:54:52 PM »

It would be difficult to authenticate, though, wouldn't it?
thats what i thought, not to mention the erosion that rock could have gone through the years, that rock would be very hard to authenciate.

not to say i don't beleive you pirate77, but a rock could be made to look like it. it's kinda like selling celebrity air, even if it truely was the rock, not alot of people would pay for it (or risk being duped), unless of course they're diehards like us.

not to sound like a cynic or to diminish your word, but from a buyers stand point, this would be a hard rock to sell.

could you please post a picture so we can see it?

Tuco the ugly

« #7 : March 28, 2008, 03:56:29 PM »

Believe in your fellow man...

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #8 : March 28, 2008, 04:20:15 PM »

That's awesome! Welcome to the forum.

"This train'll stop at Tucumbari."
sadhill
Bandido

"Un-k...Un-K......... There's no name on it."

« #9 : March 28, 2008, 07:42:06 PM »

It's obvious how much it's worth....$200,000

...but were gonna have to earn it!

TheManFromWilderness
Chicken Thief

« #10 : March 28, 2008, 08:13:27 PM »

hello pirate77
can you prove your father really worked GBU set?if you prove it all people believe that stone is real.
if I were ebay bidder for that item I would like to see your father's picture with sergio leone or some other people worked or played in  that movie.
I do not judge you.I just tell my opinion for that:))

Tuco the ugly

« #11 : March 29, 2008, 05:25:19 AM »

It's obvious how much it's worth....$200,000

...but were gonna have to earn it!

A tidy sum!

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

« #12 : March 29, 2008, 09:12:18 AM »

That would be an amazing artifact, like for that PBS show "History Detectives".   

We know Clint retained the poncho and costume, and we know the location of the arch.  But another show could be where the Harmonica is.

I saw something once where someone associated with GBU, who lived maybe in France, had some fake gold coins incorporated into a fountain, and I remember wondering if those were props from GBU, can't remember...

sadhill
Bandido

"Un-k...Un-K......... There's no name on it."

« #13 : March 29, 2008, 09:38:33 AM »

P.S. The initial rock that Blondie picks up and puts down is slightly different in shape to the one he picks up at the end of the shootout. Perhaps it was altered, knocking off that extra piece to make it more square?

Denys
Bandido

Frank, you dirty son of a bitch

« #14 : March 29, 2008, 10:37:46 PM »

Quote "We know Clint retained the poncho and costume, and we know the location of the arch.  But another show could be where the Harmonica is."

Hey Cusser, you're right, I like that idea! but like the GBU stone, there was more than one harmonica used. Remember when Frank draws the harmonica, it is in perfect shape but when he puts it in young Bronson's mouth, it's kind of busted or bent. But still, that would be wonderful and........how about the bell? I am going back to monument valley in September and I am going to dig all around the arch lolll!!!  ;D      Just joking...but I am really going back though!

: [1] 2  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines