Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2019, 02:16:00 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  DVD releases in Italy
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: DVD releases in Italy  ( 1895 )
The clint
Gunslinger

« : April 06, 2008, 07:41:53 AM »

Since I'm currently dissatisfied with the current US and UK versions of TGTB&TU I've decided to go for an Italian release of the film, given that the Italians have treated it with more respect. Now I understand that there are several DVD releases out there from Italy, but I want to know which contains the longest version, and best image quality. If any of you know which edition(s) I'm looking for please post here an image, or link, to the release. I plan to master my own DVD soon.

sergios specs
Chicken Thief

« #1 : July 07, 2008, 08:53:39 AM »

just read your post from april RE the italian versions of leone's westerns. i'm lucky to own a 6 disc italian boxed set bought for me by a friend who lives in rome.on the tgtbtu the grotto scene is absent and the tuco torture scene is cut really short. there is also a tiny snippet missing when blondie says sorry to tuco before riding off with his share of the gold.also depending what sound format you listen to it in, il triello is the same mix as on the old cd.i haven't viewed the other two dollars films for ages but i'm sure they are different from the international releases. when joe is tortured by the rojos esteban stubs out a cigar out on joe's hand, i can't remember that being on the intrnational release but i could well be wrong.on for a few dollars more the credits are in english and the sound at the finale has a real atmospheric howling wind that adds to the suspense. none of the dvds in the set have subtitles and not many extras.tgtbtu has the french trailer and thats about it.i will dig it out and go through the 5 films to see how many differences there are. the boxed set is called cera una volta leone. i will ask my mate where he bought it and let you know.ps the 6th disc is documentary about leone' all in italian of course

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines