Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 01:26:22 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Forgotten Pistolero aka Il pistolero dell'Ave Maria (1969)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Forgotten Pistolero aka Il pistolero dell'Ave Maria (1969)  (Read 21195 times)
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2006, 06:27:56 AM »

I think the endings great apart from the abrupt cut to the riding off scene.Do you have the same four as me-Forgotten Pistolero,Blindman,Texas Addio and Viva Django?
I've seen and been tempted by copies of Hate Thy Neighbour DVD's on Ebay.Apparently the musical Little Rita of the West should be avoided and the Carambola movies are poor clones of the Trinity films.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2006, 11:20:48 AM »

-Forgotten Pistolero,Blindman,Texas Addio and Viva Django?

I am sure this was addressed to Colt but I thought I might chip in anyway...

Yes Banjo these are his best known quality sws. "Little Rita" should not be bothered with as I hear.

Also he did two Tony Anthony westerns(besides Blindman) "Get mean"(which is insane!) and "Comin at ya!"

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Sundance
Gunslinger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2006, 12:03:26 PM »

Thanks for the info boardwalk_angel!

I just wonder if the tape actually was a PAL speed and not NTSC. Hehe, I'm sure it is PAL but you can never know for sure with these. Tongue

Anyways, ANICA (Italian Association of Cinematographic Audiovisual and Multimedia Industries) seems to give the film's german theatrical release a running time of 91minutes which would be around 87minutes PAL. And if I have understood ANICA's infos correctly (I may very well be wrong, but this is what I have been told Grin ) they list the metric length of the footage of the italian release, which in this case (with 35mm film) would make 105minutes which would be 101mins PAL.

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2006, 12:13:18 AM »

Yes those are the ones I have. Enjoyable films all but I was slightly disappointed with DJANGO GET A COFFIN READY as it wasn't as dramatic as the original nor did you really care about any of the characters. Still, as entertainment value is concerned it's a very colorful movie with a comic book feel about it and it was nice to see how Django came to be.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2006, 02:12:57 AM »

Thanks for the info boardwalk_angel!

I just wonder if the tape actually was a PAL speed and not NTSC. Hehe, I'm sure it is PAL but you can never know for sure with these. Tongue

Anyways, ANICA (Italian Association of Cinematographic Audiovisual and Multimedia Industries) seems to give the film's german theatrical release a running time of 91minutes which would be around 87minutes PAL. And if I have understood ANICA's infos correctly (I may very well be wrong, but this is what I have been told Grin ) they list the metric length of the footage of the italian release, which in this case (with 35mm film) would make 105minutes which would be 101mins PAL.
Cheers Sundance i'm not at all surprised theres a 101 minute version and i'm hopeful that a Franco-type reconstruction will emerge eventually Roll Eyes

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2006, 02:16:54 AM »

Yes those are the ones I have. Enjoyable films all but I was slightly disappointed with DJANGO GET A COFFIN READY as it wasn't as dramatic as the original nor did you really care about any of the characters. Still, as entertainment value is concerned it's a very colorful movie with a comic book feel about it and it was nice to see how Django came to be.
To the contrary i was really thrilled when i saw Viva Django just recently.It does have a comic book feel but its also immaculately made like Baldis other sw's and the musical score is fab.Excellent companion piece to the original! Smiley

Marco Leone
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2006, 03:56:21 PM »

I've really enjoyed most of the Baldi films I've seen.  Hate Thy Neighbour was quite enjoyable flick too incidently (there is a review on my pages if anyone is interested).  Roll Eyes

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/spaghettiwesterns My Euro Western Website - (includes Reviews, Actor information and Spaghetti Western Generator)
Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2006, 06:31:59 PM »

Cheers Marco-i take it you got it from the usual source? Wink

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2007, 12:50:59 PM »

Arizona Colts review:-

FORGOTTEN PISTOLERO, THE- 1970-Ferdinando Baldiís best western relies more on the dramatic elements lending the action scenes more punch. An operatic spaghetti oater with Shakespearean tragedy at its core sees a General returning from the war only to be brutally double crossed and murdered by his scheming wife who uses any man in the vicinity to accomplish her goals. Her son Sebastian disappears, the shock of the events that night causing him to forget much of what happened. Years later, a former childhood friend, Raffael, finds him and explains all leading to an ending of familial vengeance where everybody suffers. Composer Roberto Pregadio supplies one of the most beautiful spaghetti scores ever. The leads are all attractive especially the women. Luciana Paluzzi is exceptionally stunning as the deceiving matriarch. The many other Spanish bar women are also very seductive. One scene reveals through dialog, the horrifying reason why Raffael cannot enjoy a womanís touch which is hinted at several times throughout the film. Again Baldiís characters, as in the following years BLINDMAN, all seem to be dressed as post apocalyptic hippies which is refreshing lending the film a hip appearance. Itís brief running time of 81 minutes suggests some footage may have been removed although all known versions run this length.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2007, 12:44:41 AM »

To the contrary i was really thrilled when i saw Viva Django just recently.It does have a comic book feel but its also immaculately made like Baldis other sw's and the musical score is fab.Excellent companion piece to the original! Smiley

Wild East is releasing it soon (along with Chuck Mool).
I have already asked them if it is uncut. They will get back to me shortly.

http://www.wildeast.net/catalog1.html

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2008, 10:05:21 PM »

Yeah the soundrtrack is beautiful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG-UdiN_i4M&feature=related

The women are beautiful (Pilar Velazquez of course tops them all) but the story requires a great deal of credulity. Also, you Boardwalk Angel pointed out to the literary origin of the plot which makes the result all the more unsatisfying as the characters are little or no developed (expecially the two murderous lovers) or absolutely inconsistent (Pilar Velazquez), adding to that all that razzle dazzle about whose children they are. But the opening scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR0GWQKT4IQ

is very good (I like the way Martell kills his puirsuers) so I give it a 7\10.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2008, 03:53:54 AM »

Thanks for those clips

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM