Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 03:55:48 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Ennio Morricone (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  old Morricone LP (pics inside)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: old Morricone LP (pics inside)  (Read 7994 times)
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2008, 09:49:21 AM »

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2008, 10:09:51 AM »

the end:

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Noodles_SlowStir
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2008, 10:25:15 AM »

Afro

That's a really nice gatefold album CJ.  The illustrations in the booklet are beautiful.  Can't beat the artwork on those old
vinyl LPs.  Do you spin your vinyl often?

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2008, 11:04:20 AM »

often, no, not since 1996, lol, need a turntable.

There is one protagonisti missing, who?

« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 11:08:51 AM by cigar joe » Logged

Noodles_SlowStir
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2008, 12:51:31 PM »

often, no, not since 1996, lol, need a turntable.

There is one protagonisti missing, who?

I know what you're saying.  My turntable has seen better days.  Just about the only thing it does is to spin fairly steady (which I suppose is the most important feature).  I've been keeping my eye out for another, then perhaps I'll put this one on it's back and see if I can try and fix some of its ailments (strobe, cue lever, dust cover..) I have a pair of speakers and a receiver that need to be tweaked as well.  Sad   I was curious because I've seen some recent articles on how there's a bit of a resurgence in interest in analog and vinyl. 

Not sure about the missing protagonisti...whether I have the one you had in mind.  I've not seen Tepepa.  Would think they could of put a pic of Welles there.  From Leone films, they could of put a pic of Romolo Valli.  He was fairly popular.

moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2008, 01:06:33 PM »

I know what you're saying.  My turntable has seen better days.  Just about the only thing it does is to spin fairly steady (which I suppose is the most important feature).  I've been keeping my eye out for another, then perhaps I'll put this one on it's back and see if I can try and fix some of its ailments (strobe, cue lever, dust cover..) I have a pair of speakers and a receiver that need to be tweaked as well.  Sad   I was curious because I've seen some recent articles on how there's a bit of a resurgence in interest in analog and vinyl. 
I hear they're making turntables again and they are selling rather well.

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
Noodles_SlowStir
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2008, 01:23:07 PM »

I hear they're making turntables again and they are selling rather well.

You're right.  Seems there's a growing group of younger audiophiles that are getting into analog.  If you go into music stores or look at online auctions, you seem to see more reissues of old records on vinyl again. You can definitely buy a new turntable.  There are options on the high end that would be quite expensive.  Technics has really never stopped making variations on their 1200 which was kind of "The" dj and club deck.  You'll pay more now than even back in the day.  Some cartridge makers like Audio Technica, now make tables.  For the most part the quality of some of the recognized brands that have survived (Kenwood, Denon, Pioneer) doesn't compare with the stuff from the past.  I think I'm going to look out for a well maintained and reasonable vintage unit.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 10:01:16 PM by Noodles_SlowStir » Logged

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2008, 02:34:42 PM »

There is a single unit out (about $400) where you can play your lp or cassett tape and convert it to digital sig and record it to a CD all at once, may have to look into it I have a lot of lp's & cassetts that have been silent.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM