Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2017, 09:16:40 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Shine a Light (2008) The Martin Scorsese directed Rolling Stones Documentary
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shine a Light (2008) The Martin Scorsese directed Rolling Stones Documentary  (Read 11131 times)
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2008, 02:45:36 PM »

Yeah, is this movie interesting if you don't dig the Stones? I liked Their Satanic Majesties Request and the song "Gimme Shelter," not much since. (And Noodles_Leone, if you have a problem with that, face me down, no more of this shooting people in the back Angry)

Jenkins, what about your posse of drool monkeys? No wonder Noodles would shoot you in the back... Cheesy

Have to agree with you on the Stones, but then I'm not much for popular music period. Unless it holds some personal significance (nostalgic value perhaps) for me.

Saturday nights with Groggy
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2008, 04:59:35 AM »

Have to disagree about THEIR SATANIC MAJESTIES REQUEST which i think is their biggest turkey of the sixties.Stones were never suited to all that flower power stuff especially on evidence on the limp dirgey arrangements on that LP.I infinately prefer the harder STREET FIGHTING MAN type stuff from the BEGGARS BANQUET and LET IT BLEED albums.I'm also pretty keen on the less commercial sounding doulble album EXILE ON MAIN STREET which grows on you with every listen.

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2008, 11:25:28 AM »

Have to disagree about THEIR SATANIC MAJESTIES REQUEST which i think is their biggest turkey of the sixties.Stones were never suited to all that flower power stuff especially on evidence on the limp dirgey arrangements on that LP.I infinately prefer the harder STREET FIGHTING MAN type stuff from the BEGGARS BANQUET and LET IT BLEED albums.I'm also pretty keen on the less commercial sounding doulble album EXILE ON MAIN STREET which grows on you with every listen.

Infact they shouḷd have made an EP and throw away most of the stuff, because She's a Rainbow, 2000 Light Years From Home and , of course, Citadel (one of the greatest riffs ever), are top notch material.

T.H.
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2008, 10:57:59 PM »

Titoli, you forgot to mention the best songs on the album: 2000 Man and The Lantern. It's a great album, insanely overlooked and much better than the Cockroaches' Sgt. Pepper.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 10:59:25 PM by Tuco Harmonica » Logged

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre. What did you think of the script?
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2008, 12:05:56 AM »

I didn't forget them.
Better than Pepper? Yeah, sure.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2008, 04:02:21 PM »

I didn't forget them.

Yeah, not so sure about that...
Although I do believe, aside from a few songs, that Pepper is certainly one of the Beatles' worst albums.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 04:21:08 PM by The Firecracker » Logged

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2008, 04:24:16 PM »

You didn't detect irony, FC? Now, Pepper is not my favourite Beatles album, but that TSMR is better than that it's the first time I read it.

And let's not forget the famous lines:

I roll a stoney
Well you can imitate ev'ryone you know

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2008, 04:28:20 PM »

I roll a stoney
Well you can imitate ev'ryone you know

Dig a Pony.
An overlooked gem.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
T.H.
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2008, 01:10:20 PM »

I didn't forget them.

The Sarge isn't possessing anything in its abrreviated form. Why are you such a tightass?

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre. What did you think of the script?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM