Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 12:11:22 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  For a Few Dollars More (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Just dug out my old laserdisc...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just dug out my old laserdisc...  (Read 19568 times)
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2009, 11:17:01 AM »

DVD Savant is far from an "idiot".

Saturday nights with Groggy
The clint
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2009, 09:42:19 PM »

His comments on the DYS docs are inexcusable though.

Big Boss 1971
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2009, 08:11:07 PM »

Remember the shooting off hat scene......I could've sworn it also featured Manco shooting a hole in a coin yet no such scene present last time I saw it ??

Boss : You are a fool , the police will laugh at you ! (Big Boss , 1971)
Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

Crazy bellringer was right....

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2009, 08:25:50 PM »

I've never heard anything about that coin shooting. You're prob thinking of another spag western, or maybe it's in one of the leone parody westerns?

Big Boss 1971
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2009, 04:51:42 PM »

No I'm not......the truth is I *never* watch other westerns besides these.....kid you not !

It could've been Mortimer.....I vividly remember it for some reason  Undecided

LOL , hope this won't trun into like the Big Boss saw scene : is it out there or does memory play tricks on you Wink

« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 04:53:05 PM by Big Boss 1971 » Logged

Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2009, 07:09:47 AM »

No I'm not......the truth is I *never* watch other westerns besides these.....kid you not !

LOL , hope this won't trun into like the Big Boss saw scene : is it out there or does memory play tricks on you Wink

Interestingly enough the american poster features a coin with a bullet hole through it...hmmmmm

Dirty Rat
Gunslinger

Just like the greasy rat that you are.......

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2009, 03:30:01 PM »

I think you are remembering things incorrectly old boy......

Big Boss 1971
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2009, 07:01:03 AM »

Yeah prolly.......is it not possible that there's alternate versions out there , for example 1 Asian version of Game of Death had an extra scene not seen in other versions.

Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2009, 02:24:50 PM »

It's certainly possible, but in this case a bit unlikely as the italian cut of fafdm is the longest known cut to exist internationally...with most of Leone's cut's the italian is considered the "director's cut", so if there were such a shot, it would probably appear in that version. Also, I've collected Leone books, stills, interviews etc etc for almost 15 years and I've never heard mention of this, doesn't mean that you're wrong, but it seems kind of unlikely being that nobody else has ever mentioned this part of the scene...

Lil Brutto
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2011, 08:38:01 PM »

...I pulled out my old laserdisc of the film and it's the complete version, with those moments and in sync, just like my old pan and scan vhs. And it's letterboxed...

-old mgm pan and scan vhs (and now as I recently discovered also the letterboxed laserdisc- although I looked at it again and it's 1:85, not 2:35) has a slightly different intro on Eastwood - specifically, when he lights his cigar in the rain, a thunderclap is heard as he reveals his face (all other versions have this thunderclap before he lifts his head)...*then he walks off screen*...also has the small scene after the beating (of Indio and Groggy discussing their next move...) and a second of extra indio laughing during his intro that cuts better with the poster.....this is basically the same as the italian version (but the italian version has more of the beating itself-specifically a moment when Eastwood's arms are held and he is booted in the back - you can see this version on youtube)

Sad arrrrgggghhhhh - turns out my laserdisc is yet ANOTHER version, it's missing the line "he said his name was Manco" and the 2nd and 3rd gunshots by indio intro the jail wardens office!!! too many VERSIONS!!!!

Jordan, I'm a little confused...you mentioned your LD has 1.85:1 aspect ratio AND is letterboxed. The "full screen" LD (left pic) is not letterboxed (on my TV). Or perhaps the widescreen edition LD (right pic) is 1.85 instead of 2.35? (I'll have to check.)

The beating scene in the widescreen edition LD is cut but Indio's laugh and the White Rocks scene are uncut. As you mentioned, "his name is Manco" and the shooting of the warden scenes are also cut.

Which of the following laserdiscs do you have?

« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 11:12:53 PM by eurospec19 » Logged

I was an honest farmer. Now I'm Lil Brutto!
Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2011, 07:54:10 AM »

The one on the right, and you're right, it's not the proper 2:35 aspect...about a year ago I downloaded a dvd version of the film that a fan put together, it is the full Italian cut with English audio...so if a random fan can do it, why can't MGM (or whoever owns MGM these days)

Lil Brutto
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2011, 03:36:00 PM »

Do you have a link to that torrent? I'd love to have it.

UPDATE: I did some digging and I believe you were referring to LeoneNut's uncut version. Unfortunately, the rapidshare links no longer exist.  Sad

« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 06:20:24 PM by eurospec19 » Logged

Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2011, 09:59:34 AM »

Do you have a link to that torrent? I'd love to have it.

UPDATE: I did some digging and I believe you were referring to LeoneNut's uncut version. Unfortunately, the rapidshare links no longer exist.  Sad

Yes, that's the one...if you'll pay for shipping I'll send you a copy...P.M. me

Lil Brutto
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2011, 02:04:04 PM »

Thanks for the offer. I'll definitely take you up on it! I'll send you a PM now.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2011, 04:57:46 PM »

just found this on youtube; claims to have the full beating scene http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCQp9rnsuEk

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM