Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 11:15:17 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  A question to ponder: Why didn't Blondie.....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A question to ponder: Why didn't Blondie.....  (Read 2895 times)
Calamity Jane
Gunslinger

View Profile
« on: April 16, 2008, 05:15:11 PM »

shoot Tuco after all he's put Blondie through (i.e. the trek across the hot desert, making him put his head in a noose in the hotel room [Tuco had every intention of shooting the chair leg] )?   Blondie, of course, wanted to collect the reward money, but after he told Tuco that he's not worth more than $3,000, he could have just shot him, knowing he's committed so many crimes.   Why didn't he just shoot him after he got the reward money?   

This question may have been asked before, but it's just something I've wondered.  Of course, if that happened, it would, of course, have shortened the movie and the storyline wouldn't have been as long, but just a question that came to mind nonetheless.     Thanks for your input.    Wink

« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 05:22:05 PM by Calamity Jane » Logged
Tuco the ugly
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 07:43:42 PM »

Because he's ''The Good'' - he doesn't wanna kill Tuco, he just wants to make him suffer.

Calamity Jane
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 08:32:29 PM »

Great answer - good point, Tuco!  Thanks.   I know Blondie was 'the good', but I was just wondering how far his patience would go with someone who he knows can't be trusted - lol.  Thank you again.  Cheesy

Atlas2112
Bounty Killer

formerly Gay Patrick Stewart

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 09:16:51 PM »

yeah i agree with Tuc, i think think what you might interpret as "patience" is really amusment and adds to the mythic stature of blondie. Like a god, he watches tuco struggle and succumb to human weakness (greed, betrayal, dishonesty, & murder) and laughs at his rat-like qualities. Blondie could easily crush him at his whim (think Zues in clash of the titans), but blodie can always trust tuco to be tuco, so he takes pitty on him instead of unleashing his wrath  Wink.

Dirty Rat
Gunslinger

Just like the greasy rat that you are.......

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 04:45:50 AM »

Don't forget that it was Blondie who left Tuco in the desert first after he grew tired of their 'partnership'

Calamity Jane
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 04:46:10 PM »

That's very true, Dirty Rat.   Tuco did it to Blondie as his way of getting revenge for what Blondie did to him first.  I see it as Tuco's attempt at 'poetic justice', though he didn't succeed, of course.

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 10:45:16 PM »

shoot Tuco after all he's put Blondie through (i.e. the trek across the hot desert, making him put his head in a noose in the hotel room [Tuco had every intention of shooting the chair leg] )?   Blondie, of course, wanted to collect the reward money, but after he told Tuco that he's not worth more than $3,000, he could have just shot him, knowing he's committed so many crimes.   Why didn't he just shoot him after he got the reward money?   

This question may have been asked before, but it's just something I've wondered.  Of course, if that happened, it would, of course, have shortened the movie and the storyline wouldn't have been as long, but just a question that came to mind nonetheless.     Thanks for your input.    Wink

You point out at two different moments when the shooting should have occurred.

Calamity Jane
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 08:03:56 PM »

Well, my mistake - I should have worded it different or explained it better.   Of course, Blondie wouldn't have known all that Tuco was going to put him through down the road ('cause it's obvious no one can see what's going to happen in the future - lol).   With the first part of my question, I was merely broadening the picture some to use as an example.   Blondie could have very well shot Tuco dead after collecting the reward money, knowing what kind of scoundrel Tuco is and what he's capable of - and that is the main gist of my question: Why didn't Blondie shoot Tuco after collecting the reward money, knowing he wouldn't be worth more than three thousand dollars?    Of course, Blondie could have shot Tuco pretty much at any time he wanted - even before they meet up with the drunk captain, Blondie could have done away with him there on the trail.  Anyway, thank you for pointing that out to me - Cheesy   I apologize for any confusion it caused  - Wink

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2008, 08:25:35 PM »

I think Blondie liked Tuco and didn't want to kill him.

Saturday nights with Groggy
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2008, 08:54:47 PM »

I think Blondie liked Tuco and didn't want to kill him.
A failing he will rue the day he falls into his power.

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM