Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 10:59:21 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Italian CVC 175 minute version, original or latter day tinkering?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Italian CVC 175 minute version, original or latter day tinkering?  (Read 11342 times)
stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2009, 10:00:06 AM »

Ok, I've figured this out I think. I have not fully compared the two all the way through but my "versione alternativa" appears to be the same as the Paramount release except it has the different browner hue to it (nicely restored) and most significantly has the correct end music with Jill's America played out in full  Smiley.

This means that my memories of different shots/angles in my Italian version seem to be mistaken and that I have not seen any of the different takes in the 175min version. I guess I must just appreciate  different things about the movie every time I watch it because I certainly remember seeing new shots of Jill in the buggy which, when I compare the two DVDs now, are identical.

Then, Novecento, how long is your version,? And is the "Harmonica rising scene in it?

Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2009, 10:29:24 AM »

Then, Novecento, how long is your version,?

The place I bought it from has it incorrectly listed as 175min. I've just checked the back of the case which says 160min ca. and this is what it runs as on my player (i.e. roughly the same as the Paramount PAL release give or take about a minute).

And is the "Harmonica rising scene in it?

Yes, it seems essentially to be the same as the Paramount version except that the credits are different, the color is different and the end music is correct.

I've just had a thought.... I wonder how this Italian DVD (released 2007 with remastered audio and video) compares to the Scorsese restoration that was being done in Italy and is doing the circuits? Could they be the same??

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2009, 09:00:00 PM »

Peacemaker - about 10 years ago someone posted a Quicktime movie of the chess piece segment, and I saved the file. Harmonica was tied up on the train, the vibration causes the chess piece to fall, and Morton is visibly upset, tries to right the chess man, a parallel to his own trouble standing.  I have E-mailed the QT file to you, about 2.5MB, maybe you can make it work.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2009, 12:30:02 PM »

Peacemaker - about 10 years ago someone posted a Quicktime movie of the chess piece segment, and I saved the file. Harmonica was tied up on the train, the vibration causes the chess piece to fall, and Morton is visibly upset, tries to right the chess man, a parallel to his own trouble standing.  I have E-mailed the QT file to you, about 2.5MB, maybe you can make it work.

Thank you very much for the email!

I really enjoyed that clip including the slightly altered version of Morton's theme ( sounds like a different instrument substituting for the piano riff ).

Would like to see the whole version though, and the chess piece scene in higher quality (I'm greedy I know   Wink )

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2009, 08:58:40 PM »

Funny thing, I'm not currently able to view that .qt file, I do get the audio.  I'm not very good on these #$%^*(&%#$%^&&$ computers !!!

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2009, 09:24:10 PM »

Then download jdownloader to access the rapidshare files from the internet with the *.dlc file.

That is where my problem lies.

I don't know how to download that jdownloader thing and what to do afterwards.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2009, 08:32:43 AM »

So I take that the scene where Morton and Harmonica argue whilst on the train is lost?

Saturday nights with Groggy
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM