Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 07:03:19 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Colossus of Rhodes (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Italian Peplum & Fusto Movies: The Good, the Bad & the Epic
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Italian Peplum & Fusto Movies: The Good, the Bad & the Epic  (Read 35713 times)
Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2010, 06:48:48 AM »

Damnit that's been shown in the UK every now and again and i've always missed it.Never realised it was Italian. Embarrassed

I'll make sure i catch it next time.

The one I have is the 115 minute version, but it's fullscreen from reels. There's a gorgeous widescreen version out there so maybe the one that plays on tv by your way is the wide version. Incidentally, some of the sets in THE MONGOLS turned up in later peplum/strongman movies. The same director also guided Steve Reeves in MORGAN THE PIRATE (also with Chelo Alonso).

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2010, 06:57:29 AM »

I do remember catching a bit of Palance while flicking channels(it had already started unfortunately) and in appearance and charactrer he fits the part brilliantly.

BTW excellent article and i'm intending to look up some of these. Afro

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2010, 07:06:42 AM »

I do remember catching a bit of Palance while flicking channels(it had already started unfortunately) and in appearance and charactrer he fits the part brilliantly.

BTW excellent article and i'm intending to look up some of these. Afro

Thanks, Banjo. The genre obviously has its fans. Whenever I check my sitemeter, the sword & sandal articles and movie reviews are always listed. Some more than others.

Jill
Bounty Killer

This time I did

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2017, 12:18:16 AM »

A little help: where can these be found (preferably with English subs, as my Italian knowledge is pretty limited, just what I picked up from opera)? I'm especially looking for MASSACRE IN THE BLACK FOREST, because it seems to be the only non-documentary adaptation about the Teutoburg Forest. (Why the makers confused it with the Black Forest is a mystery, though.)

"Does this unit have a soul?"
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM