Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 04:45:06 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Duck, You Sucker (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Power Pole (Transmission tower ) in background?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Power Pole (Transmission tower ) in background?  (Read 3989 times)
tintinteslacoil
« on: May 05, 2008, 03:08:13 PM »

Undecided    Hey, has anyone noticed a power transmission tower ("power pole") in the backgpound as John  approaches Juan with his  first little "surprise"?  I just saw it on a new high-def TV while watching the DVD of  DYS.  The tower appears to be painted green to fade into the background--perhaps Leone had it masked so he wouldn't have to find a new scene?

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 03:12:24 PM »

Undecided    Hey, has anyone noticed a power transmission tower ("power pole") in the backgpound as John  approaches Juan with his  first little "surprise"? 

Could you be a bit more specific?

It wouldn't surprise me if your assumption is correct.
In GBU a transmission tower can clearly be seen far off into the hills behind LVC during his close up at Steven's door way.

EDIT: Welcome to the board BTW.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
tintinteslacoil
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 03:21:29 PM »

Huh  At exactly 23:45 into the  new DVD, "DYS: aka, a Fistful of Dynamite" , the green tower can be seen in the background to Coburn's left, just past a small brown hill.  I'm not too surprised--it is hard to spot.  I have seen cars in the background of "The Cisco Kid."

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 03:46:11 PM »

Yea but it was post 1910 there was electricity by then and telephone and they used metal towers in the desert rather than wood.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
tintinteslacoil
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 07:53:38 PM »

Yes, there was electricity; we use steel poles everywhere in the desert southwest (Tucson), due, also, to lack of trees. But there would probably be no electricity or telephone so far out in the desert in northern Mexico as early as 1913.  The White House had no phone until 1928, and that was down the hall.  No president had a desk phone until FDR.
   Plus, to nit-pick, gas stations would be so few and far between there would be no autos or motorcycles in 1913 Mexico unless very near a town. But, it was in-the-script, and I'm glad they did it.  I've been amored of old motorcycles  and explosives ever since.  I'm going to make a diorama with John and Juan in the forground (John's astride a 1912 Harley  that's all shot-up), with the pair shooting at the exploding bridge in the background.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 10:23:14 PM »

A lot of that is true but the one place they would have had electricity is for primary industruies particularly mines where it would have run hoists and pumps ore trams etc., etc. and there were a lot of them in Northern Mexico and right in the Mountainous areas of Durango and Chihuahua run by foreign companies.

I'm going to make a diorama with John and Juan in the forground (John's astride a 1912 Harley  that's all shot-up), with the pair shooting at the exploding bridge in the background.

Your diorama sounds interesting what scale are you going to use?

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
tintinteslacoil
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 07:18:19 AM »

Sorry, I stand corrected!

Don't know what scale yet. My motorsickle is about  1/12 scale. But the machine guns I find (or make) will determine the scale of the background bridge assault.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 07:14:46 PM »

Don't know what scale yet. My motorsickle is about  1/12 scale. But the machine guns I find (or make) will determine the scale of the background bridge assault.

So you are gonna use forced perspective then.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM