Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 10:20:08 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Italian DVD Scene Extensions
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Italian DVD Scene Extensions  (Read 16705 times)
Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2006, 05:58:36 AM »

This cut is the original Italian release version and can be bought on DVD in Italy. I believe there is no plans to bring it over to R1.

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2006, 07:28:30 PM »

This cut is the original Italian release version

The version I saw repeatedly in the theatres in Italy starting from 1969 were not this long. The "rising from the dead" I first saw it when the Director's cut version was first released in the mid '90's. I'm pretty sure it wasn't even in the version which was first televised in the late '80's. Can't be accurate about this, but I think I remember well.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2006, 08:16:13 PM »

This cut is the original Italian release version and can be bought on DVD in Italy. I believe there is no plans to bring it over to R1.

wasnt the 2003 dvd release the actual uncut version?

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2006, 09:16:24 PM »

There's about four more minutes in the Italian DVD including a scene where Morton drops his soldier figure ( an obvios symbol of himself ) and catches it before it hits the floor. His theme music is first used here and it's right before Cheyenne rescues Harmonica. I wish I had the Italian DVD, I'd really like to see all of those deleted scenes.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2006, 09:22:21 PM »

There's about four more minutes in the Italian DVD including a scene where Morton drops his soldier figure ( an obvios symbol of himself ) and catches it before it hits the floor. His theme music is first used here and it's right before Cheyenne rescues Harmonica. I wish I had the Italian DVD, I'd really like to see all of those deleted scenes.

damn. I have to be getting this then. Is it sold at xploited cinema?

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2006, 09:25:19 PM »

I don't know. I really want to get my hands on the DVD too...but thanks to the major studio's region bs I am not allowed to watch it.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2006, 09:28:19 PM »

I don't know. I really want to get my hands on the DVD too...but thanks to the major studio's region bs I am not allowed to watch it.

well you could get a boot leg or buy a region free dvd player.
I need to pick this up for sure. I know there is an italian version on xploited cinema but I was not aware it had 4 minutes of extra scenes. Is it in italian only? And if so does it have english subtitles(not that I would need it  Roll Eyes )?

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2006, 09:34:46 PM »

No English track but possible subtitles. The deleted scenes are mostly just extra shots with the exception of the Morton scene.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2006, 09:36:22 PM »

No English track but possible subtitles. The deleted scenes are mostly just extra shots with the exception of the Morton scene.

Well thats fine if their is no subtitles. I know that film back to front and plus there is not much dialogue as you already know.
Seems the only thing I will be interested in is the newly added scene with Morton.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2006, 09:38:24 PM »

Yeh, it sounds good. You can see in the Paramount release that there is something missing between Frank's men riding off and when Morton goes to sit back down. But anyway, are there any deleted scenes on the DYS DVD?

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2006, 09:41:57 PM »

Yeh, it sounds good. You can see in the Paramount release that there is something missing between Frank's men riding off and when Morton goes to sit back down. But anyway, are there any deleted scenes on the DYS DVD?

The one I will be giving you is uncut(for now, as I see more scenes on the distant horizon) except for 6 seconds that the British censors decided to cut due to some animal cruelty.
Nothing to cry about.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2006, 09:43:40 PM »

I heard about that. Six seconds is nothing to cry over but it's still kinda' rediculous. Just because the horses stumble they remove six seconds? That's a waste of time.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2006, 09:47:10 PM »

I heard about that. Six seconds is nothing to cry over but it's still kinda' rediculous. Just because the horses stumble they remove six seconds? That's a waste of time.

Well I hear the british censors are pretty touchy about animal cruelty.

I have seen the footage that was cut on Encore westerns and I have to say that I really dont see much of a difference between the footage that is in and the footage that was cut. Only one horse stood out from the six seconds, the animal was filpped over and the rider was launched a few feet forward before slamming to the ground and moving out of the way just in time before the horse that is rolling towards him crushes him.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 11:23:32 PM by The Firecracker » Logged

Le Bon
Gunslinger

You'd better be Bill Carson

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2006, 06:42:48 AM »

Well thats fine if their is no subtitles. I know that film back to front and plus there is not much dialogue as you already know.
Seems the only thing I will be interested in is the newly added scene with Morton.

Most of the extra stuff is just a few seconds added to existing scenes. Quite a few at the opening station scene and when Frank arrives at Sweetwater Harmonica turns his gun on the post so it is pointing at Frank. I have a copy of this version now. There is a full listing of the scenes on this board which someone posted about a year ago.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2006, 06:47:47 AM »

Well I hear the british censors are pretty touchy about animal cruelty.
Yes they are, but its debatable if this is cruelty(which i despise) in DYS.As discussed in another thread i actually timed the difference as only 3 seconds-theres just no way that you know anythings been cut-all the action,dialogue and Morricones music are all in tact .I don't understand why anyones holding out fot the Region 1 dvd for the sake of one or two missing horsefalls.If i haven't had read it here or wherever i wouldn't have been any the wiser-and the same goes for Mrs Banjo!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM