Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 07:53:31 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  For a Few Dollars More (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Indio: Madman or drug addict?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Indio: Madman or drug addict?  (Read 12313 times)
sargatanas
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2008, 04:47:40 AM »

the madman found time to smoke jimson listen to the chimes have a  draw. what a guy   Cool
canibus ?  Embarrassed  wouldn't that stuff impend on his edge w/ indio's quicks draw ?

Tuco the ugly
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2008, 05:03:03 AM »

Hm, but how did you come to this Jimson weed, cj? Why do you think Indio had that rolled in his yellow cigars?

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2008, 05:10:02 AM »

Well, I don't want to give myself away,  Wink but from personal experiments lets say I don't think it was just cannabis, Indio would be more laid back and asking Nino for more nachos, could be a mix mabye of cannabis & jimson.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Tuco the ugly
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2008, 05:18:40 AM »

Well, I don't want to give myself away,  Wink but from personal experiments lets say I don't think it was just cannabis, Indio would be more laid back and asking Nino for more nachos, could be a mix maybe of cannabis & jimson.

Hehe, fair enough my friend, fair enough. Wink

This is very interesting, but, I have one more question - Why the yellow paper? Does it go specifically with JW?

I now remember Paul McCrane's character from ''Robocop'' smoking some similar yellow shit, although I'm sure that had more to do with chemistry than with natural substances.

BTW, speaking of smoking various plants, and asking for more nachos, this is bloody true. The only thing I ever experienced during these short lived smoking sessions was hunger. Nothing more. But then again, I was never a fan of the stuff.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 05:20:56 AM by Tuco the ugly » Logged
marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2008, 06:08:18 AM »

Huh I wasn't trying to belittle you.

I really don't think you did. That's the problem of written form. I just decided to stop asking questions and do some other things more important for me at the moment... like to eat something. Grin The first sentence was sort of a joke. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I suppose I should have added a smiley.

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2008, 07:02:35 AM »

I just decided to stop asking questions and do some other things more important for me at the moment... like to eat something. Grin
When you put it that way, it makes perfect sense. Afro

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2008, 10:05:41 AM »

The effects of Jimson Weed sound right but the side effects don't. It sounds like Indio should feel very sick after smoking it. And the text (where is it from, BTW?) says: "the plant is used only by novices" which suggest that only youngsters that don't have real dope in their hands would smoke it.

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2008, 02:31:42 PM »

In fact, the reason it is used is that it grows naturally and in abundance. The Jamestown settlers were the first to abuse it. As for side effects, Indio is obviously immune.

More here: http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?topic=2832.0

« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 02:36:19 PM by dave jenkins » Logged

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2008, 10:12:10 PM »

Its not yellow paper its corn husks, Mexicans rolled the cigarettes in corn husks

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Dirty Rat
Gunslinger

Just like the greasy rat that you are.......

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2008, 05:38:52 AM »

Very interesting but I'm still not 100% convinced

Tuco the ugly
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2008, 07:19:29 AM »

Its not yellow paper its corn husks, Mexicans rolled the cigarettes in corn husks

LOL! I didn't know this, but it must be a joke, right? Grin

I've heard only of children smoking various parts of corn. Like in the country, when they're not grown enough to smoke real cigarettes in front of adults, they hide and smoke corn silk or other parts of the plant secretly, pretending to be older.

As a matter of fact, that's a symbol of being a greenhorn. When someone is unexperienced in something, you say to him: ''Easy there boy, that's not corn mustache you're smoking!''

« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 07:21:06 AM by Tuco the ugly » Logged
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2008, 08:17:51 AM »

No, its not a joke poor Mexicans rolled tobacco cigarettes in traditional cornhusks when they couldn't get paper.

Drop down to page 4:

http://tobaccodocuments.org/lor/81051625-1662.html

« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 08:28:36 AM by cigar joe » Logged

Tuco the ugly
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2008, 08:48:28 AM »

Hahaha, this is great! Thanks cj! Afro Cool Grin

sargatanas
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2008, 12:43:39 AM »

There is a mnemonic device for the physiological effects of datura/atropine intoxication: "blind as a bat, mad as a hatter, red as a beet, hot as hell, dry as a bone, the bowel and bladder lose their tone, and the heart runs alone." Another rhyme describing its effects is, "Can't see, can't spit, can't pee, can't shit."

« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 01:15:57 AM by BTW » Logged
sargatanas
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2008, 02:03:38 AM »

The effects of Jimson Weed sound right but the side effects don't. It sounds like Indio should feel very sick after smoking it. And the text (where is it from, BTW?) says: "the plant is used only by novices" which suggest that only youngsters that don't have real dope in their hands would smoke it.

There is a mnemonic device for the physiological effects of datura/atropine intoxication: "blind as a bat, mad as a hatter, red as a beet, hot as hell, dry as a bone, the bowel and bladder lose their tone, and the heart runs alone." Another rhyme describing its effects is, "Can't see, can't spit, can't pee, can't shit."

« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 02:07:49 AM by BTW » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM