Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 04:01:32 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Great Scout & Cathouse Thursday (Don Taylor, 1976)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Great Scout & Cathouse Thursday (Don Taylor, 1976)  (Read 1486 times)
Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2008, 08:09:47 PM »

THE GREAT SCOUT & CATHOUSE THURSDAY 1976

Lee Marvin (Sam Longwood), Oliver Reed (Joe Knox), Kay Lenz (Cathouse Thursday), Robert Culp (Jack Colby), Strother Martin

Three con men find gold but one of them, Jack Colby, wants it all for himself and makes off with the stash. Sam and his sex craving Indian friend, Joe Knox pursue Jack to force him to hand over their share. In the interim, Jack has used the gold to become a powerful societal magnate. With the help of Cathouse Thursday (so named by Joe Knox for his daily visit to the whorehouse; a day of the week applied to a prostitute of his choice) the three attempt to take back their share of the gold and much hilarity ensues.

I haven't watched the film in it's entirety yet but what I've watched so far is pretty funny. The fact that Oliver Reed is playing an Indian is offensive enough in itself but he plays a nymphomaniacal Native American at that. The scene where he has to be tested for a possible venereal disease is right funny. Marvin of course is a joy to watch. Will post more once I've seen the complete film. Another AIP film remastered from MGM and playing on cable. This one though was recorded over a year ago I just happened to look over it recently. Anybody seen it?

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 04:39:02 AM »

No But I've always wanted to, there are quite a few 1970 Westerns that just don't get air time or see the light of day. I'd like to see The "Legend of N***ger Charley", and its sequil, also "Charley One Eye",  "the Skin Game" and a good release of "Dirty Little Billy"

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 02:02:55 PM »

I have a TV version of LEGEND OF NI**ER CHARLEY. Not sure what has been cut aside from profanity, but the racial slurs are left in. I recently saw a version of SOUL OF NI**ER CHARLEY surface. Don't have it though. Williamson did another blaxploitation western entitled BOSS NI**ER in 1975 which starred one of my favorite actors William Smith.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM