Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 04:46:06 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In America (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Julie Cohen (Young Peggy) posted a comment on youtube
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Julie Cohen (Young Peggy) posted a comment on youtube  (Read 28530 times)
Sergio.L
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2008, 10:30:52 AM »

Julie Cohen (Young Peggy) posted a comment on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwEkDq56pAA

Now, she calls herself "Jewels" and is a member of a band called "City Fritter".

here's the website of the band: http://www.cityfritter.com/
                                                & http://www.youtube.com/user/CityFritter

« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 10:52:50 AM by Sergio.L » Logged

moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 11:08:32 AM »

I tried to describe how cool this is but I ran out of words and smileys.

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 03:14:29 PM »

yes it is cool!  Afro

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Atlas2112
Bounty Killer

formerly Gay Patrick Stewart

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 01:32:02 AM »

harsh words RR harsh words

this is pretty interesting, maybe we can set up a link with her like Geoman did with Viviene Chandler  Afro

Jewels
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 03:09:19 PM »

Hey thanks for posting this link and for your interest in my career!
I gave up acting many years ago and switched to music.
"Once...America" was a highlight of my acting career, I'm so grateful to have worked with a genius like Leone.
I'm happy to answer questions about the making of the film or my experience working on it.
In the meantime, I hope you Sergio Leone fans will check out my band, download a song or two, and come check us out live if we play in your town.

Now you better stop squeezing me or I'm gonna poop in my pants.
Peace!
Jewels

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 04:18:14 PM »

Hey Jewels! It's awesome that you're posting here. We had Scott Tiler posting here a few years back, he answered some questions about OUATIA. I'll try and think of some questions to ask. It's always cool to hear from people who were involved in these flms. Afro

Saturday nights with Groggy
PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 12:00:15 AM »

Looksies no feelsies.

And how does it feel to be part of the greatest film ever made? How old were you when filming OUATIA? How do you feel about Leone's other movies?

« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 12:06:12 AM by rrpower » Logged
Sergio.L
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2008, 07:43:08 AM »

Hey thanks for posting this link and for your interest in my career!
I gave up acting many years ago and switched to music.
"Once...America" was a highlight of my acting career, I'm so grateful to have worked with a genius like Leone.
I'm happy to answer questions about the making of the film or my experience working on it.
In the meantime, I hope you Sergio Leone fans will check out my band, download a song or two, and come check us out live if we play in your town.

Now you better stop squeezing me or I'm gonna poop in my pants.
Peace!
Jewels

How did you communicate with Leone? Did Leone speak any English?

Jewels
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 10:28:17 PM »

Looksies no feelsies.

And how does it feel to be part of the greatest film ever made? How old were you when filming OUATIA? How do you feel about Leone's other movies?

I'm really proud to have been part of it.  I was 18, and it was the best acting job I had gotten up to that point. I mean, I got to go to Italy!!
All of us kids stayed in the same hotel in Rome and had the time of our lives!
I don't think any of us realized how important the film would become over the years, especially since it turned out to be his last.
When I auditioned, I didn't really know who Leone was, just that he had directed "spaghetti westerns"
Of course, after I was cast I rented ALL of his films and became a huge fan.
My favorite: "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly"
Coincidentally,  a few years after OUATIA I was in a play in NYC with the GREAT Eli Wallach. He is one of my great heroes, a class act all the way.
We traded a few Leone stories backstage. Wallach LOVED OUATIA. He made a joke about being cast as a Mexican and then Leone casting an Italian as a Jew!

As far as communicating with Leone, he spoke some English, but not much. It was very charming. There was a guy on the crew who spoke Italian and English and was working as his translator specifically for the actors. I can't remember his name but he is credited as "Dialogue Coach" I believe.
One great story:
We were shooting the scene on the roof, Leone was doing the master shot from the roof next door.
He called action and then shouted to me across the rooftops in that thick accent "Okay, Julie, start F***ING!"
The memory of it makes me laugh out loud.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 07:16:05 AM »

Very cool, very cool!

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
LITTLE BIG MAN
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 08:41:31 AM »

I'm really proud to have been part of it.  I was 18, and it was the best acting job I had gotten up to that point. I mean, I got to go to Italy!!
All of us kids stayed in the same hotel in Rome and had the time of our lives!
I don't think any of us realized how important the film would become over the years, especially since it turned out to be his last.
When I auditioned, I didn't really know who Leone was, just that he had directed "spaghetti westerns"
Of course, after I was cast I rented ALL of his films and became a huge fan.
My favorite: "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly"
Coincidentally,  a few years after OUATIA I was in a play in NYC with the GREAT Eli Wallach. He is one of my great heroes, a class act all the way.
We traded a few Leone stories backstage. Wallach LOVED OUATIA. He made a joke about being cast as a Mexican and then Leone casting an Italian as a Jew!

As far as communicating with Leone, he spoke some English, but not much. It was very charming. There was a guy on the crew who spoke Italian and English and was working as his translator specifically for the actors. I can't remember his name but he is credited as "Dialogue Coach" I believe.
One great story:
We were shooting the scene on the roof, Leone was doing the master shot from the roof next door.
He called action and then shouted to me across the rooftops in that thick accent "Okay, Julie, start F***ING!"

Julie I think the Dialogue coach was a guy named Brian Freilino -  Italian American (balding/thick dark moustache) - there is a photo of him (A1's Location thread) standing on the steps (script in hand) on the Mausoleum set.  There is actually a better photo I've seen of him - where he standing with Leone on set - the scene where Fat Moe is tied up and being interrogated - Leone is showing one of the Thugs how to put the pistol in Fat Moe's mouth - but for the life of me I cant seem to find it - maybe another poster could help out - and you could let us know if this is the guy.

moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2008, 09:04:35 AM »

Jewels, I can't say how awesome it is to have you here! I hope you'll stay with us.

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
Sergio.L
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2008, 11:30:06 AM »

One great story:

LMAO that's a great story!

LITTLE BIG MAN
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2008, 02:24:43 PM »

Had a part in Godfather III (Stockholder)

Thanks A1 (brilliant) can always rely on you my friend.

Yeah that’s him in the first photo A1 (with script)   And yes that’s also him too (slightly obscured by Leone) in the Fat Moe photo. That may be him leaning against the wagon in the third photo (combat jacket like first photo) and it may be him in the bottom left (with glasses) crew photo.  And yes that looks like him acting in Godfather III.   At first I thought Freilino was the script supervisor but there doesn’t seem to be a script supervisor listed in the credits – maybe he was doing both jobs.
There is another famous set photo he is in A1– it’s the photo where Leone is rehearsing the scene with Scott Tiler - where he is being hit over the head with the police baton (this photo is cropped) – in the expanded photo Freilino is also very animated like Leone - he looks as though he is also acting out the scene (maybe in English).

There is a mention of him in Frayling’s book – he was present at the NY auditions with Leone and De Niro.

Hopefully Jewels will confirm.

Jewels
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2008, 03:27:51 PM »

That's him!
Seeing his face, I totally remember him.
Is he credited as "Dialogue Coach" ?

In the famous staircase scene (Patsy & the charlotte russe) they shot it MOS (without sound) probably because Leone knew it would be set to music.
Leone talked Brian Bloom through every step of that scene, timing it exactly how he wanted it - "Now unwrap it, now look to the door, now lick the paper"
I mean SO specific! Leone was saying all this in Italian and Brian Freilino was translating every step of the way.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM