Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 01:55:41 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  WHERE DO WE COME FROM ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Poll
Question: Hi Friends, what are your nationalities?
North-American/ Canadian   -22 (33.3%)
Latin-American   -5 (7.6%)
European   -38 (57.6%)
Asiatic   -1 (1.5%)
African   -0 (0%)
Oceanian   -0 (0%)
Alien   -0 (0%)
Total Voters: 59

Author Topic: WHERE DO WE COME FROM ?  (Read 26353 times)
shorty larsen
Bounty Killer

Agachate tonto

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2003, 12:50:25 PM »

Dear Colonno. You are more spagh than froggy, and you have to be proud about it!!!!!!!

I've been 4 times in Corsica, last time in June this year. I was in Saint Cyprien ou San Ciprianu in Corse dialect.

It's a wonderful island, fantastic and magic.

Il Buono, I have to agree with you. The best beers in the world are in Belgium and Holland.

Each one for himself, and God against all.
klaatu
Bandido

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2003, 06:30:20 PM »

father: north carolina (scotch), mother:  kentucky(irish)
i hail from tennessee. new orleans, my base/home.

I once travel to Nashville and Memphis back in 95. I liked Nashville it was clean and cozy city.

COLONNA
Bandido

I'm his son

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2003, 03:45:23 AM »

But my friend, it is not as beautiful as Chicago, Illinois!  

Sure General, but we have also many little Al Capone in our  magic island  (too much in fact  for 250 000 people): 10 000 explosions and 250 political/racket murders .

I only know Chicago airport ,what an amazing traffic !

Time is on my side...
The Smoker
Bounty Killer

Well.. well. if it isn't.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2003, 05:10:26 AM »

And im living in the Birmingham UK... well somebody has to.  Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: December 30, 2003, 03:52:06 PM by The Smoker » Logged

General Sibley
Gunslinger

AngelEyes, NOOOO!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2003, 10:08:15 AM »

and why we are not afraid by Italian/Spanish/German/American  western movies

Hah - and in Chicago we are not afraid of a few little Al Capone's!   I was in Le Corse after the Prefect of Police was murdered.  I remember being pulled over at roadblocks a few times while police with big weapons  searched the car.  "Je suis americain!  I do not have any Corsican bandits in the trunk!"

And what if your hand should shake a little?  And that Gringo so fast on the draw.
Jupa
Gunslinger

Viva Leone!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2004, 02:43:03 AM »

I'm from Finland.Does that say anything to anyone here?In other words,would you be able to point out Finland in a map?  Wink

COLONNA
Bandido

I'm his son

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2004, 08:30:30 AM »

I'm from Finland.Does that say anything to anyone here?In other words,would you be able to point out Finland in a map?  Wink

Dear Jupa, we know "Helsinki agreements" " Finlandisation" a political concept and overall  Kaurismaki and his wonderful movies ( "the man without past" is a masterpiece) . In a map? I hesitate between Finland,Norway and Sweden exactly like Russell in " The Thing" Wink

Time is on my side...
shorty larsen
Bounty Killer

Agachate tonto

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2004, 10:50:42 AM »

Dear Jupa. I know Jari Litmanen, a great football player from Finland.

You have also some great F1 and rally pilots.

Each one for himself, and God against all.
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2004, 03:57:36 PM »

I'm well read on the Russo-Finnish War of 1939-40, and can locate it on a map, but I don't know much about it's current state.

Saturday nights with Groggy
klaatu
Bandido

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2004, 04:37:15 PM »

I'm well aware of Finland being number 1 in the survey of government integrity,female politicians,famous steam bath and White nights... but I don't think I can point out on the map Grin

« Last Edit: January 03, 2004, 04:57:10 PM by klaatu » Logged
Blueberry
Gunslinger

I've been to Sugar Town and I shook the sugar down

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2004, 02:50:14 AM »

Hey Jupa - I'm from Denmark, so I know that Helsinki is the capitol of Stockholm... no, just kiddin'... Suomi.., 1000 lakes, Leningrad Cowboys, and: 22 PISTEPIRKKO!! - a great band, man.

Anyway, it's great to see so many nationalities represented - and of course, Leone's angle is universal (at least to what has been known as the "western" cultures, I wouldn't know what a Zulu or a Native Australian would see in the movies but it would be an interesting study... also what the Vikings would see in them, by now there's only a very few of them left, they live in protected areas in the north of Denmark) - the movements, the music, the themes...

OK, not true about the Vikings... Wink

General Sibley
Gunslinger

AngelEyes, NOOOO!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2004, 12:49:53 PM »

... also what the Vikings would see in them, by now there's only a very few of them left, they live in protected areas in the north of Denmark) - the movements, the music, the themes...

Are Inar & Ragnar hiding in the protected areas?

And what if your hand should shake a little?  And that Gringo so fast on the draw.
Blueberry
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2004, 05:07:53 AM »

Sorry, not quite following.. Inar and Ragnar? You'll have to fill me in on Viking legends... but yes, I should think so, under the UN- protection protocol of indigenous people...

Jupa
Gunslinger

Viva Leone!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2004, 06:07:36 AM »

Wow,I'm impressed.Taken together,you know a lot about Finland!Here are some comments:

The Helsinki Pact of 1975 is one of the highlights in Finnish history,as this country was the centre of international interest then.

Finlandization was a term that was used during the Cold War (pejorically by the Americanos and Gerries,especially) and it meant "too close" relations with the Soviet Union,i.e. a non-critical stance towards Soviet policies.However,Finland didn't belong to the East Bloc.

Mika and Aki Kaurismäki are,perhaps after Renny Harlin,our best-known directors abroad.(I've never liked their movies,though!:D) Mies ilman menneisyyttä ("The Man without Past") was nominated for the best foreign film Oscar last year.

As regards F1 pilots,we have Kimi Räikkönen and Mika Salo.We also had Mika Häkkinen (who has now quitted).

The Russo-Finnish War (or the Winter War,as we know it here in Finland) is the only case in history when a smaller country hasn't been occupied after being attacked by a great power.

I think "stem bath" refers to sauna.But I don't quite understand the meaning of White nights.White snow?Yes,we have snow,and lots of it!  Smiley

« Last Edit: January 07, 2004, 06:13:41 AM by Jupa » Logged
Blueberry
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2004, 06:57:42 AM »

("The Man without Past") was nominated for the best foreign film Oscar last year.

..And I like it a lot... a lot!! The surreal environment these people live in, like gypsies - and the stone face of the main character...

In Denmark, we tell tales of other Finnish characteristics: lots of knives, lots of vodka, lots of beating on one's own back after leaving the sauna and jumping in frozen lakes, preferably with tree leafs...
  Roll Eyes Wink

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM