Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 10:08:31 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Silverado (1985)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Silverado (1985)  (Read 15192 times)
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2008, 04:37:22 PM »

I'll also point out, before it's brought up in Silverado's defense, that OUATITW is also a "homage" film. The difference is that OUATITW actually does something with the homages, not just throwing them in for their own sake!

Saturday nights with Groggy
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2008, 06:46:17 PM »

I'll also point out, before it's brought up in Silverado's defense, that OUATITW is also a "homage" film. The difference is that OUATITW actually does something with the homages, not just throwing them in for their own sake!

Ok Groggs, you don't like "Silverado", no big deal. We'll just have to agree to disagree here.

"This train'll stop at Tucumbari."
Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2008, 06:10:29 AM »

Ok Groggs, you don't like "Silverado", no big deal. We'll just have to agree to disagree here.

Fine. Be that way. Cheesy

T.H.
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2008, 11:29:01 PM »

No, you're overanalyzing it just like many of the member's here do with every other film and I won't mention names. I never said the film was AMAZING or a classic. I'm just saying it doesn't suck.

I will.

the nitpickers consortium:

Dave Jenkins
Titoli
Cigar Joe
Groggy
Tuco Harmonica

Maybe I'm forgetting a couple users.

TB, if you had a choice, would you choose over-analyzation or a barrage of negative one-liners (ie "It Sucks")?Constructive criticism, or nitpicking, to me, is an indication of a very healthy and productive message board. If we all blindly praised every movie ever made, what would be the point of posting?

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre. What did you think of the script?
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2008, 12:09:43 AM »

TB, if you had a choice, would you choose over-analyzation or a barrage of negative one-liners (ie "It Sucks")?Constructive criticism, or nitpicking, to me, is an indication of a very healthy and productive message board. If we all blindly praised every movie ever made, what would be the point of posting?
Exactly. Afro

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2008, 02:41:27 AM »

I will.

the nitpickers consortium:

Dave Jenkins
Titoli
Cigar Joe
Groggy
Tuco Harmonica

Maybe I'm forgetting a couple users.

Pointless post. I don't like many films. I've pointed this out before. You are the people who nitpick EVERYTHING. Try liking a film for once instead of picking out everything you hate about it. You just don't get the point. You and your little crew you posted are FILM SNOBS and nothing more.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2008, 05:30:05 AM »

Pointless post. I don't like many films. I've pointed this out before. You are the people who nitpick EVERYTHING. Try liking a film for once instead of picking out everything you hate about it. You just don't get the point. You and your little crew you posted are FILM SNOBS and nothing more.

We're snobs because we happen to disagree with your opinion on a film? You just keep on telling yourself that... Roll Eyes

I never said Silverado sucks at any rate, just that it wasn't a great movie.

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2008, 01:23:41 PM »

We're snobs because we happen to disagree with your opinion on a film? You just keep on telling yourself that... Roll Eyes

I never said Silverado sucks at any rate, just that it wasn't a great movie.

I don't know what your problem is lately Groggy. If I were you, I'd stay out of this. I wasn't really talking to you.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2008, 04:04:17 PM »

I don't know what your problem is lately Groggy.

Why so sensitive? Roll Eyes

If I were you, I'd stay out of this. I wasn't really talking to you

It doesn't involve me? Then what's this?

You are the people who nitpick EVERYTHING. Try liking a film for once instead of picking out everything you hate about it. You just don't get the point. You and your little crew you posted are FILM SNOBS and nothing more

I think I'm being referenced in that statement.

T.H.
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2008, 05:18:31 PM »

TB, you're completely wrong on this issue. Most members on this board are very respecrful and are simply giving their honest opinion of a movie. I don't understand how their views or criticisms make them a snob? I could be mistaken, but I have never once seen a user insult you for your taste, so why insult other members? Wouldn't that make you guilty of a little snobbery as well?

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre. What did you think of the script?
Panache
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2008, 05:39:25 PM »

I don't know what your problem is lately Groggy. If I were you, I'd stay out of this. I wasn't really talking to you.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

need any help, bro, i brought Sly in ta watch our backs Afro Grin Cool

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2008, 07:07:36 PM »

TB, you're completely wrong on this issue. Most members on this board are very respecrful and are simply giving their honest opinion of a movie. I don't understand how their views or criticisms make them a snob? I could be mistaken, but I have never once seen a user insult you for your taste, so why insult other members? Wouldn't that make you guilty of a little snobbery as well?

I'm far from a snob. I'm always very respectful until someone throws some kind of a dig at me which happens a lot. I'm not trying to start an argument here but I was attacked by a couple of you again so I'll just comment on it as I have.

T.H.
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2008, 07:45:50 PM »

I'm far from a snob. I'm always very respectful until someone throws some kind of a dig at me which happens a lot. I'm not trying to start an argument here but I was attacked by a couple of you again so I'll just comment on it as I have.

Are you mistaking a differing opinion for a dig? I have never seen anyone insult you here, though I'm not saying that it has never happened. I just can't relate to what you're saying. Oh well. I hope you don't think I have ever insulted you or anything.

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2008, 08:26:24 PM »

Are you mistaking a differing opinion for a dig? I have never seen anyone insult you here, though I'm not saying that it has never happened. I just can't relate to what you're saying. Oh well. I hope you don't think I have ever insulted you or anything.

No, I don't think you have insulted me. haha. I'm not even upset with anybody Tuco. You're one of my favorite poster's here. Some people take some things way to seriously. I'm not even getting mad here.

T.H.
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2008, 10:25:43 PM »

No, I don't think you have insulted me. haha. I'm not even upset with anybody Tuco. You're one of my favorite poster's here. Some people take some things way to seriously. I'm not even getting mad here.

That's good to hear, TB. You're one of my favorite posters too.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM