Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 07, 2019, 07:51:33 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Reclassified '15' by the BBFC!
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Reclassified '15' by the BBFC!  ( 4268 )
The clint
Gunslinger

« : July 09, 2008, 11:29:40 AM »

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/recent/index.php?media=film

Finally this film carries the rating it should've carried all these years!

O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

« #1 : July 09, 2008, 11:36:48 AM »

Another step in the right direction.

shukocarl
Road Apple

« #2 : July 10, 2008, 07:21:00 AM »

The film is being re-released to selected cinemas on August the 1st in the UK!!! ;D I hope I get to see it on the big screen at last having only seen'Fistful' at the cinema around 1973/4.....

iceman
Bounty Killer

« #3 : July 10, 2008, 02:26:46 PM »

The film is being re-released to selected cinemas on August the 1st in the UK!!! ;D I hope I get to see it on the big screen at last having only seen'Fistful' at the cinema around 1973/4.....

You a Karate man by any chance SHUKOCARL :) :) :) :) :)

ICE

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
sergios specs
Chicken Thief

« #4 : July 10, 2008, 06:15:35 PM »

i saw the trilogy plus hang em high at an all nighter at the old haymarket cinema in newcastle back in 1982. it was cold,i was hungry, the place was full of pissheads and they showed the shortest version of the tgtbtu that there is. oh,and i fell asleep and missed hang em high.so the night wasn't a total disaster. do you know if they are showing the restored version?

shukocarl
Road Apple

« #5 : July 11, 2008, 01:54:17 AM »

Yes Iceman....you are right (Shukokai-5th dan).....Sergio it is the restored version. It's being distributed by Park Circus Ltd. Have a look at the website: parkcircus.com.

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

« #6 : July 11, 2008, 01:33:39 PM »

From that link:

"Description: The Man With No Name and Tuco are gunmen who admire each other professionally but dislike each other personally. Encountering a group of dying soldiers, Tuco learns the location of the graveyard where a Confederate treasure is buried, while the Man With No Name learns the identity of the exact grave. Joined by mercenary drifter Sentenza, they cross the desert, each of the desperadoes knowing part of the secret and each focusing his squinty eyes on the $200,000 bounty.
Genre: Western
Running Time: 179 Minutes
Certificate: 18"

Really?  "gunmen who admire each other professionally but dislike each other personally" ?  Never heard the "relationship" described quite like that !!!

The clint
Gunslinger

« #7 : July 23, 2008, 02:17:18 PM »

Further info from the BBFC:

THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY in an extended version of a 1966 western about three men searching for hidden gold during the American Civil War. It was passed '15' for strong violence, moderate gore and hanging scenes.

The BBFC's Guidelines at '15' with regard to Violence state that 'Violence may be strong but may not dwell on the infliction of pain or injury'. The film contains several violent scenes with the strongest scene featuring one of the three men being brutally beaten to extract information about the location of the gold. This is a long scene that includes sight of a man's thumbs being pushed into the victim's eyes, but this sequence and other violent moments cut away after establishing the action rather than dwelling on the violence so it is permissible at '15' although the detail and emphasis on injuries here and elsewhere means it exceeds the '12A' rubric.

There are also some scenes showing moderate gore with the strongest scenes occurring during an extended sequence when a man is forced to walk through a desert and which causes his skin to blister and bleed and these too exceed the '12A' rubric although they are not the strongest gory images that are unlikely to be acceptable at '15'.

As for Imitable techniques, the film features some hanging scenes that often involve a man being saved from death by his colleague shooting the rope that hangs around his neck. These scenes appear to be harm free and are not allowable at '12A', although they do no dwell on imitable detail so they are permissible at '15'.

THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY also contains some mild and moderate language and moderate sex references

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

« #8 : July 23, 2008, 07:00:18 PM »

"moderate sex references" ?????????????

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #9 : July 24, 2008, 06:51:38 AM »

Must pertain to Maria the prostitute.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines