Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2017, 04:12:02 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Lucky Luke(1991)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lucky Luke(1991)  (Read 2270 times)
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« on: July 10, 2008, 01:47:39 PM »

I watched this a couple of days ago and it has to be the most disappointing Terence Hill western that i've seen.The other western Hill made with Bud Spencer about the same time THE FIGHT BEFORE XMAS aka TROUBLEMAKERS is far superior,heartwarming but full of fun.I saw the opening credit sequence on Youtube for LUCKY LUKE thought it was pretty good with Hill hilariously trying to outdraw his shadow on a rock but this is probably the best thing about the movie.

Lucky Luke looks exactly like Hills MY NAME IS NOBODY character but thats where the similarity ends because Luke very boringly plays it totally straight leaving all the (barely funny) jokes to his talking horse sidekick.A dull and predictable storyline annoyingly intercut in places with footage of the modern world there's not much good you can say about it really apart from a bit of Morricone from MNIN and BIG GUNDOWN which with added Leone gun duel camera angles leads me to conclude that this should qualify as a sw albeit a poor one.

A very disappointing 3 out of 10.   Sad

Eric
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 08:20:56 PM »

Was this movie aimed toward kids? I know it's based on a popular bande dessin...dessinnes...

...Comic....

Tuco the ugly
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 05:50:16 PM »

I grew up reading those great comics, so you figure how I felt watching this 'western'.

Shame.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM