Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2017, 07:26:29 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In America (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  OUATIA Scene On An Aeroplane
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: OUATIA Scene On An Aeroplane  (Read 2686 times)
LITTLE BIG MAN
Bandido

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2008, 11:33:48 AM »

Cut scene or never filmed?

Stuart Kaminsky (additional dialogue) recalls as probably the funniest scene in the film - involved the gang in the 30's on an airplane to Detroit from New York for their jewellery store robbery.  The gang members have smuggled gin onto the plane and proceed to have a party; the other passengers at first show their disapproval but conclude by joining in the merriment.  On the page, the scene has a rousing, populist, Capraesque flavour.

BFI Modern Classics  OUATIA  Adrian Martin

Can anybody shed some light.

LITTLE BIG MAN
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 08:03:31 PM »

Thanks

Dont know how I missed that A1 - I mean  I've probably only read that chapter about a 1000 times Roll Eyes

This will be the shortest thread in memory Grin

Interesting that Frayling confirms that the final (May 82) script contained (first time) the terrific one - liners.  Noodles, I slipped;  So he'll never be my sweetheart. What a shame; It's 9.32 and I've got nothing left to lose.  Brilliant stuff Smiley

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 03:49:14 PM »

Sounds funny, but I think it would distract from the pacing of the movie.

Is there anyone else who would rather have the lost material be given as deleted scenes, rather than put back in the movie? Somehow I think the movie is pretty well-paced and edited as it is, I can only imagine putting new stuff in at this point would disrupt the film a good bit.

Saturday nights with Groggy
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 08:50:40 AM »

I think it depends on the quality of the deleted scenes, whether they can be seamlessly put back into the movie and whether there's anyone still with us who knows for certain Leone's original vision.

We'll always have the present version and I think it makes sense for the scenes with Eve and the arrest of Bugsy to be put back in if possible.

Well I agree with all of those points. I don't think a 6-hour "director's cut", even if it was Leone's intention, is absolutely necessary. The cut we have now is good (and long) enough as it is.

Saturday nights with Groggy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM