Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 03:09:52 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Duck, You Sucker (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Nolan
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nolan  (Read 1776 times)
Senza
Bounty Killer

You think you're better that I am?

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2013, 05:56:37 AM »

As with some of my other topics, I'm not sure if this has been discussed here before but does anyone think that Nolan wanted John to kill him? When you watch the scene in the bar, and it cuts to Nolan's face, its almost a look of self disgrace as if he's saying "I won't think less of you if you do shoot me. I'll understand. I've betrayed the cause and I've betrayed you.".

"Roll it up! Roll it up! I'll give you a good idea where you can put it!" - Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
Mr.Cho-Cho
Chicken Thief

Something to do with death

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 03:23:27 PM »

Yes, he even does a nod implying to John for him to kill him. Although it cuts back to John with the Doctor and John says about not being to judge him or something along those lines.

I just watched this film again after 10 years and I like it a lot more now than when I first saw it. It really is quite nuanced (mainly because of Steiger I guess), but it fits perfectly between the Once Upon a Times....

"You remind me of my mother. She was the biggest whore in Alameda and the finest woman that ever lived. Whoever my father was, for an hour or for a month - he must have been a happy man."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM