Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 08:05:59 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  For a Few Dollars More (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Cinema Detective Question - El Paso Archived Newspaper Binder
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cinema Detective Question - El Paso Archived Newspaper Binder  (Read 16857 times)
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2011, 10:40:35 AM »

On the other hand, with each subsequent film he was probably more concerned with them than it might seem at first.

I don't know about that; there were anachronisms in weapons even in GBU. Some of the cannons used in the trench sequences were borrowed from a Spanish museum, and were not from the time of the American Civil War

btw, I was also wondering about the machine gun Ramon used to slaughter the Mexican cavalry unit in FOD: I guess the movie is set  sometime between the 1870's and 1890's: would that machine gun really have existed at that time?

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2011, 02:41:44 PM »

I was thinking more about the next three films, OUATITW, DYS and OUATIA.

There are probably anachronisms in all of them - I'm not really on lookout for them, and don't have the knowledge about firearms and such, but I did notice inconsistencies in Jill's clothes. The black travelling dress and the white one are more like 1840s, which is too early for the great railroads.

BUT the later films show more concern with real history than the early ones, and apparently even in the Dollar Trilogy each new film was more and more focused in time. From what I could gather on this board, FOD's time frame is very blurry. FFDM already has a time frame, as this thread proves. GBU takes place in a time frame strictly stated in the film.
That's what I meant. That even though they were "fairy-tales", the real-life awereness is growing in each subsequent film. I, again, notice it on costumes... for the last two, Leone employed Tirelli, renowned for their attention to historical accuracy - I think that says something about his attention to it in these films, doesn't it?

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM