Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 01:06:01 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Coffin Full of Dollars (Per una bara piena di dollari) (1971)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Coffin Full of Dollars (Per una bara piena di dollari) (1971)  (Read 3076 times)
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2008, 12:52:43 AM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066210/

http://www.spaghettiwestern.altervista.org/bara_piena_dollari.htm

At italian db they praise this for the shooting scenes. Actually I was taken by surprise by a Scarciofolo's acrobatic during one of these. But the movie, vaguely based on FFDM, has little else to offer if not Kinski's performance, admirable as usual though he does little more than a cameo. Scarciofolo is the lonely (later joined by Mitchell and  a girl) avenger of his brothers murders killed by K.'s gang because they had killed K.'s 2 brothers (not very original plot twists, uh?).  4\10

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 09:48:06 PM »

I'm going to have to give it a much better rating as I highly enjoyed this.
Finally, a Fidani movie that is actually competent!
There isn't really a moment when there isn't some shooting going on so I can't say there was a boring moment.
The Italian DB is right, the gunfights here are well staged and you're right for pointing out the acrobatic merits of Scarciofolo (whom I've never liked very much as a leading man. It's his face. He looks more like a "second hench man to the right" sort of actor). Kinski seems to have put some effort into the role this time around and the soundtrack is good.
I haven't seen all of Fidani's productions but this is probably the best.
It's a really good looking movie.

7/10

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 05:43:42 PM »

I would say that this SW was OK, but it could have been much better if it wasn't for the following:

• The girl's acting is horrendous, and her appearance (lots of makeup on her face and rimmel mascara galore on her eyelashes) makes me wonder what the director was thinking about.
  • Monica (the girl) does not even ask for her father (who has just been killed) when the bag containing the $5000 for her ransom was handed to her.
  • Lallo Gori's music is OK, but does not seem to fit the nature of some scenes.
  • The visual effects (to put it politely) have a lot of room for improvement. One example is when the Monica is hanging by her hands (which are tied) above a well , and you see that the end of the rope that the baddie is about to cut is completely slack.
  • Too many shots (up to nine if I counted correctly) coming out of the good guy's gun without reloading.

Nevertheless, I liked Jack Betts (AKA Hunt Powers) in the role of the Mexican bandit Tamayo, and I think that both Jeff Cameron (Scarciofolo)and Gordon Mitchell made a good duo. Klaus Kinski did not have a large role in the movie, but his acting was his usual. The action scenes were quite good in general.

5/10

stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 01:44:41 AM »

Some say this is Fidani's best SW. Maybe true. Still mostly a boring film.

3/10

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM