Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 08:05:53 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Tuco's gun
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tuco's gun  (Read 3435 times)
Calamity Jane
Gunslinger

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2008, 01:38:39 PM »

When Tuco takes the guns apart in the gun shop, he puts the revolver part up to his ear and rolls it between his hands.  I know NOTHING about guns, so forgive my stupidity - what is the importance of how the revolver sounds - or is it the 'timing' of each shot?   Not sure about this - thanks for the help!

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 03:18:52 PM »

He's listening to the clicks of the mechanism, to hear if the are tight, crisp, equal, and precise. He's also feeling it to see if there is any play or wobble of the cylinder on the axel.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Calamity Jane
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 11:34:07 PM »

Ah - thank you, CJ.   I had a feeling he was listening for something when he put it up to his ear, but couldn't put my finger on it - lol.  Thanks again.

I also wondered if the gunshop merchant allowed customers to do what Tuco did: 'building' their own guns or if he just allowed Tuco to do it because he knew Tuco was a bandit and felt his life was threatened - hmmmm...

Dirty Rat
Gunslinger

Just like the greasy rat that you are.......

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 02:40:10 AM »

Just out of interest Jane, you clearly have the latest GBU DVD release but do you not have the accompanying documentaries?
Wallach talks about the gun shop scene in some detail and there is much discussion too about the dubbing required later by Eastwood and Wallach
If you do not have the DVD set I recommend you go buy it - it's essential

The Rat

sargatanas
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 05:10:11 AM »

yea, rat. that bad as gun. wish i had eli's thoughts on that scene.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 05:14:29 AM by BTW » Logged
Calamity Jane
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 01:52:03 PM »

Unfortunately DR, I don't have the latest release of GBU with the documentaries -  Cry   I will certainly look for it, however, 'cause I do want to get it.   I would have watched the docs if I had it - wish I did.  Right now, I'm out of work, but when I get back to work (whenever that will be), I'll certainly get me a copy of the new release and watch the docs - they sound very interesting and I'm very eager to hear what Eli and Clint have to say about the movie, their roles, etc.    Thanks for the heads-up about the new release! 

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 11:50:16 AM »

Clamity - that's the two-disc DVD, from 2004; also available in the four-film Leone anthology (8 discs).

Calamity Jane
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2008, 05:42:50 PM »

Cusser and DR - I have the single DVD of GBU with the original theatrical trailer, trivia and production notes, the 14 minutes of footage never seen before in the US and the entire 161-minute feature on one side of the disc.  It's not the 2-disc set, though, but I do intend to get it.  In fact, when I was out today in the local department stores, I looked in the video section, but didn't see ANY GBU DVDs - not even the single DVD of the movie that I have.  When I get the money, I will go to this other place I know that sells nothing but DVD movies of all genres.  I've seen it there before and it was a bit pricey, but if they have it on sale or a  previously viewed disc of the movie, I'll get it.   Even if they don't have it on sale or a previously viewed disc, I'll get it, but I have to wait until I get back to work.   Sad   I envy you guys that have it - lol.   Tongue

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM