Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 17, 2017, 10:24:36 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  "Tom Mix and Pancho Villa"
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Tom Mix and Pancho Villa"  (Read 4102 times)
Guerrilla
Bandido

View Profile WWW
« on: December 30, 2003, 07:37:00 AM »

After 12 years of trying, director Tony Scott is close to getting his wish to turn the Clifford Irving novel Tom Mix and Pancho Villa into an epic-sized film.

The director is in Mexico scouting locations for the story of an idealistic actor who leaves the comforts of Texas to join up with a revolutionary who would not embrace modern technology, even when the government was conscripting German fighter planes to bomb him and tanks to blast his armies.

Intermedia is mobilizing the more than $100 million film for a fall 2004 production start, pending cast, financing and the imminent delivery of a script rewrite by Steve Zaillian, who is reworking his own draft.

"This is 'Lawrence of Arabia' meets 'The Wild Bunch,' a huge film with trains, cavalry, thousands of soldiers in uniform and on horseback," Scott told Variety. "This is a love story between two men from different planets, who educated each other. Pancho Villa knew the laws of life, and Tom Mix knew how to live in a modernized Western world."

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2003, 03:43:46 PM »

Well lets hope they don't screw it up with crappy casting. Which may be inevitable.

Ok lets begin the the good & crappy cast list :

Villa
Mix

I'll post after I think a bit.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
COLONNA
Bandido

I'm his son

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2003, 07:00:23 AM »

I love these couples.

Why not John Wayne and Che Guevara,   George W. and Saddam, Ike and Ho ?

I remember Kermit speaking about "Wrestling women against vampires" or something like that .

Today Tom Mix would be a G.I and Pancho Villa/ Zapata included in the famous "Axis of the bad"  with their Massive Destruction Weapons rifles.

Hollywood is still a fairy tale  Grin

Time is on my side...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM