Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 07:12:00 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Wolfman (2010)
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Wolfman (2010)  (Read 9979 times)
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2008, 11:42:29 AM »

The bootleg trailer is up! Surprisingly, this looks pretty damn good. It seems to have that old-fashioned horror feel to it. How can you not be the bit least excited about this with the exceptional cast. The film stars Anthony Hopkins, Benicio Del Toro, Emily Blunt and Hugo Weaving among others.

http://www.worstpreviews.com/trailer.php?id=785&item=0

« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 12:01:05 PM by TucumcariBound » Logged

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 01:22:13 PM »

Yawn. Same old crap. Lots on night scenes with unmotivated light sources. It's the 21st Century, and we're still having to put up with lazy filmmaking.

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 01:43:27 PM »

Yawn. Same old crap. Lots on night scenes with unmotivated light sources. It's the 21st Century, and we're still having to put up with lazy filmmaking.

I beg to differ. There's lot of night scenes because it's a horror film and this is a remake and homage of the original film which also had a lot of night scenes. The film looks like it's creepy, dark, and very suspenseful with solid acting from an exceptional cast. Take of the blinders jenkins.

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 06:13:54 PM »

I beg to differ. There's lot of night scenes because it's a horror film and this is a remake and homage of the original film which also had a lot of night scenes.
My point is they don't know how to stage night scenes. Where is all that light coming from? They needed to study the train robbing scene in TAoJJbtCRF before proceeding, and they obviously didn't.

Whalestoe
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 06:47:54 PM »

My point is they don't know how to stage night scenes. Where is all that light coming from? They needed to study the train robbing scene in TAoJJbtCRF before proceeding, and they obviously didn't.

Zing!

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 11:06:29 PM »

Um, this is a horror film. A film about a wolf man. It's not supposed to be realistic. The lighting looks fine in the trailer.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 06:03:06 AM »

A remake of a horror film? I'll pass.

Saturday nights with Groggy
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 11:17:29 AM »

A remake of a horror film? I'll pass.

This is different though. It's filled with A-list actor's and not teenagers. Totally different look by the trailer.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2008, 04:31:29 PM »

This is different though. It's filled with A-list actor's and not teenagers. Totally different look by the trailer.

No... You don't seem to get it. The question here is: Why would I watch a remake of a movie I haven't seen and don't have any particular desire to?

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2008, 02:32:09 AM »

No... You don't seem to get it. The question here is: Why would I watch a remake of a movie I haven't seen and don't have any particular desire to?

PMS'n there Groggy? Grin How can you not be interested at least in seeing the classic original?!

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2008, 06:44:51 AM »

I don't like horror movies, and while there are some I enjoy there are many, many other films and genres I have an infinitely larger degree of interest in. If it makes you feel better, I'm going to go out of my way to see The King and I or Singin' in the Rain either. Cheesy

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2008, 12:14:59 PM »

I'm going to go out of my way to see  Singin' in the Rain either. Cheesy

A shame. That is a great musical.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2008, 03:02:52 PM »

Grogs, essential musicals: Singin' in the Rain, The Bandwagon, Torch Song. I assume you've already seen Paint Your Wagon. You can skip The King and I and Oklahoma.

Atlas2112
Bounty Killer

formerly Gay Patrick Stewart

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2008, 03:25:11 PM »

Yes, Please Please PLEASE skip The King and I + Oklahoma.

Though wouldn't have it been interesting to see Eli Wallach as Jed? makes ya think  Smiley

I'll recomend:

The Sound of Music: just stop watching after the wedding scene, the rest is just the writers trying to tie loose ends in their screw up of a script.

West Side Story:The best thing that ever came out of shakespeares R & J. At least watch it for the opening that was shot on location in New York. a Damn shame the rest was shot in a sound studio

7 Brides for 7 brothers: just good fun, Lots of great dance sequences as well as fights. Stick around for that famous one take dance.

On topic: Did they have Connical bullets in that time and setting? I mean i saw a revolver so I'm assuming it's the Mid 1800's, but it doesn't look like its takes place in America.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2008, 03:40:57 PM »

I don't like horror movies, and while there are some I enjoy there are many, many other films and genres I have an infinitely larger degree of interest in. If it makes you feel better, I'm going to go out of my way to see The King and I or Singin' in the Rain either. Cheesy

haha, it's no big deal. I thought you'd at least be into the old horror films. I'm not much of a fan of the horror genre as a whole today but I am interested in this only because I'm a fan of the original film and I like the cast here.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM