Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 12:26:58 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Inglorious Bastards (or "Basterds", however he wants to spell it) (2009)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Inglorious Bastards (or "Basterds", however he wants to spell it) (2009)  (Read 78572 times)
Tuco the ugly
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2008, 11:44:15 PM »

Speaking of ''Planet Terror/Death Proof'', I've had trouble rating them since I saw them, and don't really know if I like them or not. But, since it's been said like a million times that they were made in honor of those other bad movies from the past that everybody seemed to love, I'm giving them (and QT) the 'pass key'.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 11:45:22 PM by Tuco the ugly » Logged
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2008, 11:47:16 PM »

I know you don't like "Death Proof" FC but I have a soft spot for 1970's chase films. I thought QT did a fantastic job with his chase sequences here and it reminded me of those films. And how can you not love Kurt Russell's Stuntman Mike? I think the character is hilarious. Yes, I'm a Kurt Russell fan so I'm being a bit biased when I talk about him I guess.

I've already stated my reasons for not liking the movie a hundred times in its respective thread.
No need to go into here, I'm sure you know what I think of the film (QT phoned it in).

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2008, 07:55:42 PM »

Back on topic:

http://www.variety.com/index.asp?layout=print_story&articleid=VR1117990231&categoryid=1970

To print this page, select "PRINT" from the File Menu of your browser.
Posted: Thurs., Aug. 7, 2008, 3:20pm PT
Brad Pitt is officially a 'Bastard'
Pegg, Kinski, Krumholtz in talks to join film
By MICHAEL FLEMING, TATIANA SIEGEL, TATIANA SIEGEL
Brad Pitt has closed his deal to star in "Inglorious Bastards," the WWII drama that Quentin Tarantino will direct for the Weinstein Co. and Universal.

Additionally, Nastassja Kinski is in early talks to play one of the sole female roles in the film. Casting the German-born actress jibes with Tarantino's habit of resuscitating dormant careers. Kinski, who has stayed away from mainstream American films for nearly a decade, would play a German movie queen.

Much of the pic's dialogue is in French or German, and subtitles will be used, though Pitt will speak English in his role as a Tennessee hillbilly who assembles a team of eight Jewish-American soldiers to take on the Nazis.

Simon Pegg, David Krumholtz and B.J. Novak are also in talks to join the project. Pegg would play a British lieutenant, while Krumholtz and Novak would play Pitt's underlings.

Pic begins production Oct. 13 in Germany. Tarantino, who wrote the script, is aiming to complete the film and have it ready for next year's Cannes Film Festival. Lawrence Bender is producing, with Erica Steinberg and Harvey and Bob Weinstein as executive producers. Pilar Savone is associate producer.

Deal puts Pitt back in business with Universal; apparently he and the studio have patched things up following his last-minute exit from "State of Play" late last year.

Under the terms of Tarantino's deal, he receives 20% of first-dollar grosses. That percentage can be reduced if a first-dollar gross star like Pitt joins the cast, though it's unclear if Tarantino is ceding any of his points to the star.

Bender said casting should be complete in about a week or two. Eli Roth will play Sgt. Donnie Donowitz, and Tarantino is locking in the other actors to play the soldiers who make up the Bastards team. Tarantino regular Tim Roth had been in contention to join the cast but couldn't work out the scheduling because of his upcoming TV series "Lie to Me."

While Pitt will be working for the first time with Tarantino as director, he does have on his resume a small but memorable turn as a stoner in the Tony Scott-directed "True Romance," a script that Tarantino wrote between "Reservoir Dogs" and "Pulp Fiction."

Read the full article at:
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117990231.html

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2009, 01:11:50 PM »

August 21st is the release date for the US.

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2009, 05:45:50 PM »

The Castellari original is fine but no great movie in itself. It's easily the most fun of the Italian war pictures I've seen. Lenzi's BATTLE FORCE (1978) with Gemma, John Huston, Henry Fonda, Stacy Keach, Samantha Eggar, Ray Lovelock, Helmet Berger, Edwige Fenech, Andrea Bosic, etc... is pretty good, too.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2009, 02:03:24 AM »

Morricone ain't going to touch QT's half good WW2 epic...

http://theplaylist.blogspot.com/2009/01/ennio-morricone-wont-be-scoring.html

....and I don't blame him.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
ShortFuse
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2009, 01:18:18 PM »

Is Ennio Morricone seriously scoring, or is Tarantino going to use tracks from GBU again?

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2009, 01:20:11 PM »

Read FC's post above.

Saturday nights with Groggy
ShortFuse
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2009, 01:22:28 PM »

Read FC's post above.
Cheesy

It's for the best. Morricone should devote his time to better films.

PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2009, 01:25:41 PM »

oh, dont care about that movie anymore.

ShortFuse
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2009, 01:33:21 PM »

Maybe he's too busying doing the score for Lenningrad  Wink

Whalestoe
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2009, 01:40:24 PM »

Maybe he's too busying doing the score for Lenningrad  Wink

Nope.

"Instead he's chosen to work with longtime collaborator and "Cinema Paradiso" director Giuseppe Tornatore once again on his new film, "Baaria - La porta del vento." And it stands to figure, Morricone has written the music for every Tornatore feature aside from his 1986 debut, "Il Camorrista""

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2009, 01:42:55 PM »

Nope.

"Instead he's chosen to work with longtime collaborator and "Cinema Paradiso" director Giuseppe Tornatore once again on his new film, "Baaria - La porta del vento." And it stands to figure, Morricone has written the music for every Tornatore feature aside from his 1986 debut, "Il Camorrista""

Somewhere, Jenkins is weeping.

Saturday nights with Groggy
ShortFuse
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2009, 01:46:48 PM »

Nope.

I haven't seen any of Tornatore's films. I really want to see Cinema Paradiso, The Legend of 1900 and Malena.

tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2009, 01:47:38 PM »

Well, I still want to see this. I am curious at the idea of QT doing a war film and I'm definitely curious to see how Brad Pitt performs here.

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM