Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2018, 12:03:43 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The dog
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2
: The dog  ( 5901 )
Tuco the ugly

« : August 09, 2008, 08:19:53 PM »

I was wondering if there are known anecdotes related to the (apparently) stray dog that floats in the frame a couple of times during the movie?

It must be a Leone's touch, most probably loaned from Akira Kurosawa.

Atlas2112
Bounty Killer

formerly Gay Patrick Stewart

« #1 : August 09, 2008, 09:30:01 PM »

No, I think it's Leone's dog. Kurosawa's would've died by the time they started shooting GBU.

O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

« #2 : August 09, 2008, 09:46:56 PM »

Probably a Leone's touch. There is also a dog in the opening scene of My Name is Nobody, purportedly directed by Leone.

Tuco the ugly

« #3 : August 09, 2008, 10:26:22 PM »

No, I think it's Leone's dog. Kurosawa's would've died by the time they started shooting GBU.

LOL! Good one! O0 ;D ;D

Tuco the ugly

« #4 : August 09, 2008, 10:31:23 PM »

Probably a Leone's touch. There is also a dog in the opening scene of My Name is Nobody, purportedly directed by Leone.

Let's say it is Leone's touch, let's say it is Leone's dog, let's even say it is the same dog, but please let's not say Leone directed it, because he didn't. ;)

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #5 : August 09, 2008, 10:33:44 PM »

The opening scene? There's evidence that he did direct that.

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
Tuco the ugly

« #6 : August 09, 2008, 10:35:59 PM »

Heh, I was waiting for you, old dog. :D

« : August 09, 2008, 10:40:22 PM Tuco the ugly »
Atlas2112
Bounty Killer

formerly Gay Patrick Stewart

« #7 : August 10, 2008, 12:06:21 AM »

I'm with Tuco, Live Animals can be very hard to direct, especially this dog, who i heard is a method actor.  :D

But i honestly wonder if it is Leone's dog. If not, then who's was it?

I'm pretty sure that the other dog durring the ecstacy of gold was in fact under leone's direction. To the point where it was released to an unaware Eli Wallach, whose on-screen surprise was genuine.

Are they both the same dog? it would make sense that they were, unless the two scenes were too far apart, then it would make sense that they wouldn't use the same dog, as you wouldn't want to keep the smelly bastard on set too long (you know? food, shelter, annoyance).

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #8 : August 10, 2008, 01:59:26 PM »

Heh, I was waiting for you, old dog. :D
Well, I did my trick. Where's my treat? :D

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
Tuco the ugly

« #9 : August 10, 2008, 04:11:37 PM »

Well, I did my trick. Where's my treat? :D

I'd bring the SuperSonics back in town if I could, but I'm afraid that's a little out of my jurisdiction.

You'll get bone of Arch Stanton instead.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #10 : August 10, 2008, 05:17:05 PM »

Arf!

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #11 : August 11, 2008, 07:34:46 AM »

I guess you all know the fact that Wallach didn't know that Leone was going to send him the dog on the first crane shot in Sad Hill...

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #12 : August 11, 2008, 03:30:13 PM »

Also in the beginning of OUATITW. There were also cats in FOD and FAFDM, IIRC (whoa - too many acronyms). :D

Saturday nights with Groggy
TheManFromWilderness
Chicken Thief

« #13 : August 13, 2008, 02:21:47 PM »

the scene where LVC meets Víctor Israel(Sergeant at Confederate Fort ) Beginning of the scene there is a black dog passes from right to left by 2 different angle.There must be something about dogs in this movie:)

Tuco the ugly

« #14 : August 13, 2008, 09:49:52 PM »

the scene where LVC meets Víctor Israel(Sergeant at Confederate Fort ) Beginning of the scene there is a black dog passes from right to left by 2 different angle.There must be something about dogs in this movie:)

Isn't that the same dog?

I know Sergio Leone was very pedant, but to think he had a set of dogs for only one movie is too much (even for him).

: [1] 2  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines