Other/Miscellaneous > Off-Topic Discussion

Rate The Last Movie You Saw

(1/3887) > >>

PowerRR:
I'll most likely be updating this every so often with my little mini-reviews and an out-of-five rating, and I suggest all of you do the same. I enjoy reading such reviews, as well as seeing what you guys think of certain films. I post the last three I watched.

The Conversation - 4.5/5
Second viewing. I liked it on the first, but I guess this truly is one of those movies that gets a hell of a lot better on viewing #2. The movie is simply put, amazing. Hackman is great, as is the plot filled with twist and turns in one of the best mystery/suspense movies - ever. It's mindnumbing to think how good Coppola was in the 70's (The Godfather I + II, Apocalypse Now, The Conversation), and how all of his movies went to average quality afterwards. I highly reccomends this one.

The Seventh Seal - 4/5
An odd film at times, but it gives a good message of life and death. The characters are a bit one dementional, as you never really seem to care about them - but overall it's a very good film, being the first one of Bergman's I've seen. I guess I'll have to check out Wild Strawberries and The Virgin Spring in the near future.

The Conformist - 3/5
Personally, I found this to be a complete bore after the first half hour or so. The plot dragged on and on, seemingly making not much progress. I didn't like it, but I'll give it a three becuase it's by no means a poorly made movie, just not my cup of tea. I was expecting something different.

Rrpower's Rating Scale
5 - A classic, or will someday be considered a classic. Simply amazing.
4 - Very, very good - atleast one viewing is necessary.
3 - It's good, but passable.
2 - Don't waste your time on this - a bad movie.
1 - Avoid this at all costs necessary, even if it means suicide.

Silenzio:

--- Quote from: rrpower on January 09, 2007, 08:42:06 PM ---

The Conformist - 3/5

--- End quote ---

>:(  Speak with me after class.

Anyways, the last movies I watched (I'm using the same thing as rrpower's scale):

The Leopard: 4 out of 5. I was expecting something magnificent after reading Peacemaker's opinion on it. This was very good, but it didn't blow me away. I thought it was magnificicent up until the scene where Claudia Cardinale* and the nephew are exploring their new "palace." Then I thought the film started to drag, and I had a sudden urge to go fly a kite. When we were rolling into the second hour I was quite exhausted. I would only give this a 3.5 out of 5 but I'm giving it some leeway because Peacemaker said that the last fifty minutes or so saved the film, and made him think  it was great, but my brother was sitting on the couch playing the guitar for most of that scene... singing the same John Lennon song over and over... "Heeeeeey, you got to hiiide your love awaaaaaay!!!"

*yum

Kurug3n:
Miami Vice-  :) :) :) 1/2 out of  :) :) :) :) :)

I saw this in theaters and was somewhat confused.Must been either the 11:00 showing or that it was too confusing to follow but since i saw it on DVD it makes more sense than ever. Even though theres about 5 minutes of additional minutes those 5 minutes dont go to waste. Even though it could have used action since it is Miami Vice I was happy with what I got.So all in all I give it 3 1/2 out of 5.

Amaze:
extreme prejudice
a slightly above average 80's action movie. sort of a modern day western. part of the story is a little like a-team, only less funny. I only got it cause power boothe is in it. he's cool.

syriana
about the politics in the dirty business known as oiltrading. a little bit interesting, but got too boring. kind of like real life politics I suppose.

murder by death
this movie gave me a flashback to clue. it's extremely similar in story and style. got some laughs out of peter sellers as a chinaman. overall very silly movie.

geoman-1:
Recently saw the film "Boxing Helena". A dark, strange but compelling drama
with a great soundtrack. You have to see this film. I'd rate it a solid 4.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version