Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 10:31:45 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
Pages: 1 ... 1139 1140 [1141] 1142 1143 ... 1166 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  (Read 1797810 times)
PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #17100 on: May 13, 2017, 07:03:31 AM »

Fargo, season 3, episodes 1 to 4 - 9/10
Best season so far.

Waiting for the new Twin Peaks episodes, a few days from now.
yes - maybe. Season 2 was pretty fucking good in a "can't wait for the next episodes / breaking bad" kind of way. But season 3... the depth. Build up of the plot so far, style & direction ... amazing

I'm rewatching all of the original Twin Peaks so I'll be a bit behind schedule on the new season, but then I'll have more to binge watch

Season 3 is running right now on Netflix. The link with Breaking Bad is strengthening and the show is now alternating between episodes about Saul's family issues and thriller episodes about Mike/Breaking Bad. I suspect it's their way of doing "1 for the writers, 1 for the audience". Still very cool.

I love it. The courtroom episode is arguably my favorite in the series so far.  Thankfully I as an audience loves both stories, but yeah, a slight preference to the Jimmy & Chuck material. I'm going nuts trying to figure out how Hector will end up in the wheelchair, or what will be the fate of Kim and Chuck once we reach the breaking bad timeline

« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 07:07:14 AM by PowerRR » Logged
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #17101 on: May 13, 2017, 06:58:17 PM »

Season 3 is running right now on Netflix. The link with Breaking Bad is strengthening and the show is now alternating between episodes about Saul's family issues and thriller episodes about Mike/Breaking Bad. I suspect it's their way of doing "1 for the writers, 1 for the audience". Still very cool.

Really, I just got to the end of season 2 and that's all they had streaming, is it on disc in France or streaming season 3.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #17102 on: May 13, 2017, 07:03:27 PM »

Really, I just got to the end of season 2 and that's all they had streaming, is it on disc in France or streaming season 3.
season 3 is currently halfway through in America, so you can watch the episodes through AMC if it's part of your cable subscription. I'm guessing it won't be on Netflix here until season 4 begins

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17103 on: May 14, 2017, 12:57:44 AM »

It's streaming, one episode per week every Thursday.

Netflix only does streaming in France, I don't think they ever launched their disc service in Europe.

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #17104 on: May 14, 2017, 06:14:45 AM »

season 3 is currently halfway through in America, so you can watch the episodes through AMC if it's part of your cable subscription. I'm guessing it won't be on Netflix here until season 4 begins

I got rid of cable and went to Spike TV. It may have AMC I've never checked. Thanks

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #17105 on: May 14, 2017, 04:26:58 PM »

The Bridge at Remagen - 7/10 - Typical (in a good way) WWII flick. Robert Vaughn as a Nazi, though - whose bright idea was that?
An ambivalent Nazi, don't forget. Anyway, the film is soon coming to Blu, and then I'll watch it again (maybe for the last time).

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #17106 on: May 15, 2017, 05:21:12 AM »

Lumière d'été (1943) - Merde!

Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #17107 on: May 17, 2017, 09:25:27 AM »

Al is terrible again, as mostly in his later films, and Bob is a pale shadow of what he once was, but comes across ok.

HEAT is a damn good movie and Pacino delivers a damn good performance.

Introvert played by De Niro against extrovert played by Pacino. Great balance.

Pacino mentioned in an interview that his character was supposed to be using cocaine although it was never shown on screen which explains why he played him in such a "wired" manner in some scenes.

Spikeopath
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #17108 on: May 20, 2017, 11:49:04 AM »

Arrival (2016) - 9/10

Sci-fi for grown ups.

Out you get Hooky, you done your bit.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #17109 on: May 21, 2017, 04:26:21 PM »

I just saw Modern Times (1936), on DVD. I am very disappointed. This is the fourth Chaplin film I have seen (The Kid, The Gold Rush, City Lights), and this one isn't nearly as good as the others. The factory scenes are not good. The prison scenes are decent. The only scene I thought was really funny is the scene at the end, with the roast duck. The duck getting caught in the chandelier is hilarious. Paulette Goddard is beautiful but her scenes are not very good. This movie should not be mentioned among Chaplin's greatest.

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Jessica Rabbit
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #17110 on: May 21, 2017, 05:12:12 PM »

Great, stupid fun. So often sequels are simply bad, this one is not. Clouseau has lost nothing of his catastrophically destructive charm. 9/10.

Jessica Rabbit
"I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way."
XhcnoirX
Gunslinger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17111 on: May 22, 2017, 04:54:38 AM »

I watched 2 movies over the weekend which have Noomi Rapace as the lead actress.. One to 'prepare' for seeing the new Alien movie in the cinema some time soon, and the other because I rather enjoyed her performance and on a whim decided to check out her new movie in a local cinema...

Prometheus (2012): A prequel to 1979's 'Alien', that would've worked better had it been a standalone movie without trying to tie it into the 'Alien' universe IMHO. As with too many space-travel/exploration movies, the crew seems to be picked randomly and without any screening (and thus, act like complete idiots). Still, it looks great and it's enjoyable enough. 7-/10

Unlocked (2017): This time Rapace plays a former CIA interrogator who gets caught up in a series of double crosses surrounding a possible terrorist attack and several intelligence agencies. Nothing you haven't seen before, and most of the twists are predictable, but Rapace and the rest of the cast are solid and make this one of the better conspiracy/action thrillers (not that that is saying a lot). 7/10

'I feel all dead inside. I'm backed up in a dark corner and I don't know who's hitting me.' - The Dark Corner (1946)
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17112 on: May 22, 2017, 05:10:28 AM »

Arrival (2016) - 9/10

Sci-fi for grown ups.

Yep, cool stuff.

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #17113 on: May 22, 2017, 05:34:37 AM »

Il bell'Antonio (1960) - 2/10. Mastroianni, Cardinale, and Tomas Milian--together again for the first time! And, in a film that really, really . . . sucks. Mastroianni plays a guy married to Cardinale who can't get it up! Why do I waste my time on stupid science fiction films? On the bright side, I never have to watch this again.

Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #17114 on: May 22, 2017, 09:30:06 AM »

Arrival (2016) - 9/10

Sci-fi for grown ups.

Yep, cool stuff.

The plot was great so I bet Ted Chiang's short story on which it is based must be even better.

Pages: 1 ... 1139 1140 [1141] 1142 1143 ... 1166 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM