Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2018, 02:42:01 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 1192 1193 [1194] 1195 1196 ... 1202
: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  ( 2275361 )
stanton
Bounty Killer

« #17895 : July 08, 2018, 08:00:20 AM »

Grand Budapest Hotel

Grand Anderson Film 10/10

XhcnoirX
Gunslinger

« #17896 : July 08, 2018, 11:02:27 AM »

Still had some euro's left on a cinema giftcard, so decided to spend em this morning.

Hotel Artemis (2018): Jodie Foster & Dave Bautista run Hotel Artemis, a clandestine hospital for criminals in LA where the main rule is no fighting & killing among the 'patients'. Obviously rules and criminals don't go well together... Popcorn action thriller, but surprisingly fun and not nearly as John Wick-like as the premise suggests. Foster's great and has nice chemistry with Bautista. There's an all too brief cameo by Jeff Goldblum, and Sofia Boutella is in fear of becoming typecast as a kick-ass lethal girl but she does it so well. I really enjoyed it. 7+/10

'I feel all dead inside. I'm backed up in a dark corner and I don't know who's hitting me.' - The Dark Corner (1946)
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #17897 : July 10, 2018, 11:47:43 PM »

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (2017) - 9/10. Martin McDonagh finally directs a real movie! Yay! This one has real characters, and you can tell they're real because they're capable of change. Frances McDormand is on her way to another Oscar nom. Woody Harrelson is beyond amazing; Sam Rockwell shows what he really can do. And all the secondary characters are so well cast it's frightening. This film uses flashbacks better than just about any film I can think of in the last decade-and-a-half. Some of the plotting is off, though: for example, a cop goes rogue and throws a citizen out a window and all he gets is the loss of his job. No criminal penalties? No civil penalties? There should have been something in the script to answer such questions. On the other hand, the several twists and reversals in the story work well. It all maybe goes a little long at the end, but I really enjoyed this piece.

Saw it again yesterday. I'm completely on board with DJ's review.

The french title is the worst, though: "Three Billboards : Les Panneaux de la Vengeance"
Literally: "Three Billboards: Revenge Billboards"

« : July 10, 2018, 11:49:28 PM noodles_leone »

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #17898 : July 11, 2018, 04:08:28 AM »

Saw it again yesterday. I'm completely on board with DJ's review.

The french title is the worst, though: "Three Billboards : Les Panneaux de la Vengeance"

it's great agree.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #17899 : July 11, 2018, 06:56:26 AM »

Hahaha! Well, you know, those Frenchies can't be expected to know what a "Billboard" is. I mean, they're totally ignorant of American culture, right?

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
Big Boss 1971
Bandido

« #17900 : July 20, 2018, 07:26:57 PM »

Big Boss french (RC version) :

-we dont see Shu Chen and buddy walking into the BB mansion , they just cut so they're inside

-Cheng punching the boss multiple times is cut but we do see the boss bleeding a lot

-library music , Peter Thomas' soundtrack is much MUCH superior !

Boss : You are a fool , the police will laugh at you ! (Big Boss , 1971)
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #17901 : July 21, 2018, 09:13:23 AM »

Odds Against Tomorrow Bluray from Olive - beautiful but no extras

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
moorman
Gunslinger

« #17902 : July 26, 2018, 02:09:21 PM »

The Man in Grey (1943)  James Mason and a fabulous hairdo.  I don't even remember the plot.  3 out of 10...

moorman
Gunslinger

« #17903 : July 26, 2018, 02:17:13 PM »

Ten Little Indians (1965)  Not as good as And Then There Were None.  I didn't like the more modern aspects of the movie.  5 out of 10...

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #17904 : July 29, 2018, 02:44:05 PM »

State of Grace - 6,5/10 - nice Morricone soundtrack
Carlitoís Way - 7/10 - ok this one is starting to age, now
Christine - 5/10 - fun and corny
Coup de TÍte - 8/10 - Patrick Devaere rocks, and the film now has some interesting resonance on a broader level with the World Cup. Of course, Bacheletís soundtrack steals the show and makes and 8 out of a 6.
Blood Father - 6,5/10 - I didnít expect so much fun from an American B movie by a French director. And old Mel Gibson rocks.

« : July 29, 2018, 02:45:30 PM noodles_leone »

www.ThibautOskian.com
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #17905 : July 30, 2018, 07:44:03 AM »

Mission: Impossible: Fallout (2018) IMAX 2D - 9/10. The plot is recycled from every thriller ever made but, of course, is just an excuse for the action set-pieces. Locations include Paris, London, Kashmir (or its double). The helicopter duel at the end is a gas. Took the wife, her first IMAX experience, seemed to enjoy it, but later complained about motion sickness. Suck it up, newbie! The $18 admission fee included a T-shirt with the message "See It in IMAX." Yeah, baby!

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #17906 : July 30, 2018, 01:16:47 PM »

Mission: Impossible: Fallout (2018) IMAX 2D - 9/10. The plot is recycled from every thriller ever made but, of course, is just an excuse for the action set-pieces. Locations include Paris, London, Kashmir (or its double). The helicopter duel at the end is a gas. Took the wife, her first IMAX experience, seemed to enjoy it, but later complained about motion sickness. Suck it up, newbie! The $18 admission fee included a T-shirt with the message "See It in IMAX." Yeah, baby!

type Imaxed enough.... ;-)

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #17907 : July 31, 2018, 06:48:06 AM »

A Matter of Life and Death/ Stairway to Heaven (1946) - I hate P&P's stories but I always shell out for a new Archers' title whenever Criterion releases one. Jack Cardiff's Techincolor photography is a thing of beauty and I can never get enough. Story: 4/10. Photography: 10/10. Transfer 11/10.

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #17908 : August 01, 2018, 05:07:55 PM »

Iím doing a film for Ariane 5 so I just took a long flight to French Guyana. In the plane:

Thor Ragnarok - 6/10 - fun, for a dumb Marvel flick.
Red Sparrow - 6/10 - clean and unoriginal. One very good torture scene toward the end.
the Shape of Water - 6,5/10 - looks good, mostly terrific cast in great costumes.

www.ThibautOskian.com
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #17909 : August 05, 2018, 02:58:52 AM »

I saw it yesterday, to my regret not in IMAX. The Paris sequences are absolutely amazing, then things go slowly downwards. The helicopter duel is nice but the rest of the final is a total bore, as is everything that follows the chase scene on the roofs of London.

Ps: the geography of the Paris scene is total nonsense, they get teleported from a side of the city to the other side every few seconds. They even say ďmetro BastilleĒ when they obviously are at the total opposite. I guess they always do that but itís funny when you know the place.

www.ThibautOskian.com
: 1 ... 1192 1193 [1194] 1195 1196 ... 1202  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines