Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 27, 2021, 06:26:07 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
0 and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 1291 1292 [1293] 1294 1295 ... 1305
: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  ( 3529526 )
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #19380 : November 07, 2020, 05:17:47 PM »

Philadelphia (1993) 8/10
Great one. I'm way more impressed by Demme's know how here than in Silence of the Lambs. Looks a lot like a Spielberg trial movie, but way more handheld.

Lefty propaganda :P

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
PowerRR
Bounty Killer

« #19381 : November 07, 2020, 08:17:47 PM »

Conservative snowflake.

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #19382 : November 08, 2020, 05:45:19 AM »

Definitely! Not half as much as X-Men though.

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #19383 : November 08, 2020, 07:27:31 AM »

Definitely! Not half as much as X-Men though.

And not as much as Running on Empty! Drink, you libtard, what have you made me watch!

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #19384 : November 08, 2020, 08:03:26 AM »

And not as much as Running on Empty! Drink, you libtard, what have you made me watch!

Inspired by Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dorn - Obama's mentors!

« : November 08, 2020, 03:11:22 PM drinkanddestroy »

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #19385 : November 08, 2020, 12:36:05 PM »

Uh, can we get back to talking about movies?

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #19386 : November 08, 2020, 02:07:28 PM »

Drink and Roy started it. They had me watch Philadelphia and Running on empty (which I rate 8/10 too) while I was quietly watching Asian neonoir movies like a good non political boy.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #19387 : November 08, 2020, 03:12:21 PM »

Drink and Roy started it. They had me watch Philadelphia and Running on empty (which I rate 8/10 too) while I was quietly watching Asian neonoir movies like a good non political boy.

and I told you, "Running on Empty is a terrific movie - though DJ would dismiss it as Commie propaganda" ;D

PowerRR
Bounty Killer

« #19388 : November 08, 2020, 03:55:18 PM »

Home Alone 2: Lost In New York - 10/10
An accurate portrayal of Donald Trump, who is not the president, helping MacCully find his way around a hotel. A fitting depiction of the only thing he'll be doing in his final years.

The Apprentice (TV Series, 2004 - 2015) - 10/10
A nice reminder that Donald Trump was nothing better than a trash TV reality host before his failed, loser presidency. At least this lasted more than 8 years! Fortunately, his new show was cancelled after only 4 seasons.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #19389 : November 08, 2020, 10:03:18 PM »

The Bride Wore Black (1968) 1080p - 10/10. Jeanne Moreau is The Bride (QT alert! QT alert!), a woman intent on exacting revenge on the five men responsible for the death of her husband--killed accidently on the very day of their wedding. Her victims are, in order of assassination, Claude Rich, Michel Bouquet, Michael Lonsdale, Charles Denner, and some bald guy. Jean-Claude Brialy, who knows some of the men, gradually becomes aware of the program and attempts to halt it. But he can't--Moreau is an implacable force. Her method is both variable and unvaried: approaching the men one at a time, she becomes an obscure object of desire to each, the better to discover their weaknesses. The killings are then improvised and made apposite. Ostensibly an homage to Hitchcock (with a source novel by Cornell Woolrich and a score by Benny Herrmann), Truffaut throws suspense under the bus from the beginning. Instead, each scene is new-wave-casual. It's as if we are watching Rohmer-style vignettes about men and women that all just happen to end in murder.  There is a light tone in many of the scenes, yet this is no Kind Hearts and Coronets. Truffaut makes fun of the male characters, but never of Moreau or her mission. In scenes with her victims she is inhuman, but between those scenes something of an authentic personality shines through. After dispatching Lonsdale, for example, and learning that another woman is suspected of the crime, she phones police--at the airline departure gate of the plane she is about to board--and clears the suspect with two terse but incontrovertible statements. Later there is even a confession scene in a church (she confesses to a priest but refuses to repent--the priest asks her, then, what she's hoping to find at the confessional--she replies, The strength to carry on). This amazing film has never before been adequately served on home video in North American markets--the old MGM DVD was a non-anamorphic letterboxed job! The new TT blu looks fabulous, and it makes the movie look like a color film from 1968, not one from 2015.
I showed this to Mrs. Jenkins who of course had never seen it before. I told her nothing about it in advance. She watched attentively. At the end she burst out laughing: she definitely got the punch line.

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #19390 : November 09, 2020, 08:42:12 AM »

I showed this to Mrs. Jenkins who of course had never seen it before. I told her nothing about it in advance. She watched attentively. At the end she burst out laughing: she definitely got the punch line.

When Mrs Jenkins is right, she's right.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #19391 : November 09, 2020, 10:11:17 AM »

10/10 for The Bride Wore Black? It's good, but not that good!

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #19392 : November 09, 2020, 02:11:42 PM »

It's as good as it can possibly be for what it is. The very definition of a "10." (Of course, Drink doesn't like comedies, so he can't understand).

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #19393 : November 09, 2020, 08:50:02 PM »

It's as good as it can possibly be for what it is. The very definition of a "10." (Of course, Drink doesn't like comedies, so he can't understand).

you consider this a comedy?

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #19394 : November 10, 2020, 07:47:14 AM »

Yes, in the sense it is funny and has a happy ending.

: 1 ... 1291 1292 [1293] 1294 1295 ... 1305  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines