Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 16, 2021, 02:58:37 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
0 and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 1327 1328 [1329] 1330 1331 ... 1335
: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  ( 4154484 )
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #19920 : August 28, 2021, 09:00:43 PM »

Magnet of Doom / L'aine des Ferchaux (1963) - 1/10. Someday someone will have to explain to me how the man who made Le Doulos, Second Wind, Army of Shadows, The Red Circle, etc. also made this (and that other P.o.S., Two Men in Manhattan).

Where did you see Magnet of Doom? It?s the one Melville I have not seen.

Two Men in Manhattan is not bad.

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #19921 : August 29, 2021, 09:21:25 AM »

Where did you see Magnet of Doom? It?s the one Melville I have not seen.
https://ok.ru/video/1586426874478

If by "not bad" you mean 2/10 then I agree.

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #19922 : August 29, 2021, 04:30:43 PM »

Agree.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

« #19923 : August 31, 2021, 05:56:47 AM »

"The Good German" 2006   4/10

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #19924 : August 31, 2021, 07:27:05 PM »

Rancho Deluxe (1975) - 9/10.  Jeff Bridges, Slim Pickens, Richard Bright, Harry Dean Stanton. All your favorites. Picture them in your mind. You've never seen this film before. And yet. You have. A contemporary Western. Big Sky Country. Cattle rustling. Youth versus the Man. A helicopter. The guy who plays the hick sheriff in those early Roger Moore Bonds. It's already there, inside you. Elizabeth Ashley. Pong. Jimmy Buffett. The 70s. Go deep, you'll find it all. Now put the new blu-ray disc into the machine. I'll count you down from eight: "eight, seven, six." Your eyes are getting heavy. "Five, four, three, two."  On one you will press play and enter the dream. Prepare to enter the dream. I say, "one."

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #19925 : September 09, 2021, 03:03:14 PM »

A Life at Stake (1955) - 4/10. B-noir: cheesy but entertaining. Keith Andes (later in the Star Trek episode "The Apple") is the patsy in a key-man insurance scam. Angela Lansbury, in maybe her first role as a femme fatale, hooks him and reels him in. Or will true love bring a change of heart? Ha! Some of the writing is clunky, as is a lot of the acting, but there's real drama in almost every scene.  There are also a few interesting LA locations. The original Don the Beachcomber tiki restaurant puts in an appearance. And the whole thing is over in 78 minutes. And even though I scored this low, I'll probably return to it several times. Sometimes I just get a hankering for cheese.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #19926 : September 11, 2021, 06:35:32 AM »

Out of the Past (1947) - 10/10. My favorite noir! (along with Double Indemnity and Murder, My Sweet). Nice twists (Jane Greer, Jane Greer, Jane Greer, Rhonda Fleming--what????), and some of the best dialog ever. And who knew you could take out a baddie with just a fishing rod? And Dickie Moore: a killer? Ha! So much plot, they could have made THREE movies: Acapulco Adventure, The San Francisco Story, Take-down in Tahoe. Did I mention this is my favorite noir? (along with In a Lonely Place and Criss Cross). Got to watch it again!

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #19927 : September 11, 2021, 03:29:16 PM »

Belmondo week begins!

A Double Tour (1959) - 5/10. Chabrol's third film is pretty weak, a whodunnit with an obvious solution (the guy who acts really weird all the time--surprise, surprise--turns out to be the perp). Belmondo's presence, though, keeps things fairly interesting.

Cusser
Bounty Killer

« #19928 : September 11, 2021, 04:22:36 PM »

"The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then the Bigfoot"  4/10  Sam Elliot

The title says it all !

uncknown
Bounty Killer

What about me?

« #19929 : September 11, 2021, 11:57:01 PM »

WAR FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES

Disappointing finish to a well made , entertaining trilogy
The script was lacking in originality.
The main plot line is that overworked cliche of westerns - man goes on journey of revenge after family is killed.
Plus, we get yet another homage to APOCALYPSE NOW. Really?

The movie is dark, depressing and too long.

But, im giving it a barely positive review because the technical aspects are so damn good and I feel it was made with sincerity.
If you liked the first two APES, you really don't need to see this one unless you are hungry for some foreshadowing of the Heston POTA.

"Other Morton's will come along  and they'll kill it off"

My article on the restoration of the The Big Gundown
http://thekinskifiles.blogspot.com/2009/01/cinemaretro-13-big-gundown.html
Cusser
Bounty Killer

« #19930 : September 12, 2021, 06:22:50 AM »

"Primal" with Nicholas Cage  3/10

Unethical rare-animal hunter Cage loads his animals from Brazil onto a freighter, which is to transport a Hannibal Lector-like prisoner back to U.S.  Guess what happens....

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #19931 : September 12, 2021, 04:11:45 PM »

Belmondo week continues!

Un nomme La Rocca
(1961) - 6/10. When tough-guy Belmondo hears that a buddy of his has been pinched for a crime he didn't commit, Jean-Paul descends on a seaside trou de merde and starts breaking heads. Soon he's king of the local rackets, but, you know, there's always someone with another idea, so he ends up in a gunfight in which he's nearly killed. This gives the police their opportunity to put Belmondo in clink, which works out pretty well, as it's the same one in which his pal is in. So then we transition into a men-in-prison movie. Soon though, the two friends hear about an opportunity to get their sentences commuted, by volunteering for mine-clearing duty on a nearby beach. Suddenly the film turns into Danger: UXB. The men finally get out of prison, but the fun just never stops. This is an adaptation of a Jose Giovani novel with Giovani supplying screenwriting and dialog work. Jean--not Jacques--Becker has an unremarkable style, but there is enough plot to keep things interesting. https://ok.ru/video/2396123302510

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #19932 : September 12, 2021, 11:07:15 PM »

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly 10/10
It was even more incredible than it was yellow.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #19933 : September 12, 2021, 11:29:43 PM »

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly 10/10
It was even more incredible than it was yellow.

Which disc did you watch?

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #19934 : September 13, 2021, 05:37:02 AM »

That Man From Rio (1964) - 2/10. One damn thing after another. Even the shots of Rio and Brasilia (still under construction) can't alleviate the tedium. Never again.

: 1 ... 1327 1328 [1329] 1330 1331 ... 1335  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines