Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2018, 03:15:18 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
0 and 8 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 1197
: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  ( 2206966 )
titoli
Bounty Killer

« #6135 : May 27, 2009, 10:31:22 AM »

Yeah, sure.

Yeah.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #6136 : May 27, 2009, 10:41:52 AM »

Taken - 6/10 - If all you demand out of your movie is lots of people getting punched, beaten and shot repeatedly, then this Bud's for you. If not, well, give it a pass.

« : May 27, 2009, 10:42:55 AM Groggy »

Saturday nights with Groggy
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #6137 : May 27, 2009, 10:44:03 AM »

Taken - 6/10 - If all you demand out of your movie is lots of people getting punched, beaten and shot repeatedly, then this Bud's for you. If not, well, give it a pass.
Ace. O0

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
Groggy
Bounty Killer

« #6138 : May 28, 2009, 12:04:24 PM »

Batman and Robin - 0/10 - I had to see this after seeing a clip compilation of Ahnuld as Mistah Freeze. I don't even know what the hell to say, I'm completely dumbfounded that a movie with such a big budget could be so terrible and utterly incompetent. It seemed to be a contest to see which actor could give the worst performance, with George Clooney, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Alicia Silverstone and Uma Thurman all putting their best effort into sucking. Oh, and it was utter shit too. I did laugh quite a bit at Freeze's chilly puns, but as entertainment it left me cold.

On the plus (?) side, I got Colossus of Rhodes from Netflix today - hopefully I can check it out tomorrow. Hopefully, too, it will be worth watching - watching two shitty movies on consecutive days would feel like a bad case of Frost bite.

« : May 28, 2009, 12:06:36 PM Groggy »

Whalestoe

« #6139 : May 28, 2009, 12:18:29 PM »

Batman and Robin - 0/10 - I had to see this after seeing a clip compilation of Ahnuld as Mistah Freeze. I don't even know what the hell to say, I'm completely dumbfounded that a movie with such a big budget could be so terrible and utterly incompetent. It seemed to be a contest to see which actor could give the worst performance, with George Clooney, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Alicia Silverstone and Uma Thurman all putting their best effort into sucking. Oh, and it was utter shit too. I did laugh quite a bit at Freeze's chilly puns, but as entertainment it left me cold.

On the plus (?) side, I got Colossus of Rhodes from Netflix today - hopefully I can check it out tomorrow. Hopefully, too, it will be worth watching - watching two shitty movies on consecutive days would feel like a bad case of Frost bite.
>:D

Groggy
Bounty Killer

« #6140 : May 29, 2009, 12:19:33 PM »

The Colossus of Rhodes - 5/10 - See the appropriate thread on the appropriate board.

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #6141 : May 29, 2009, 08:15:39 PM »

Smokin' Aces (2007) - I only understood a quarter of it and I will never watch it again to fill gaps. 3\10 for some action scenes in the building.

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

« #6142 : May 30, 2009, 05:43:53 PM »

Coyote Waits (2003) - 6/10

Good for what it is.

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #6143 : May 30, 2009, 08:18:16 PM »

The Uninvited (1944) - 8/10. After reading about the showing of a newly struck print that was to be exhibited at the Loews in Jersey City ( http://www.cinemaretro.com/index.php?/archives/3304-LOEWS-JERSEY-CITY-PREMIERES-NEW-PRINT-OF-THE-UNINVITED-THIS-SATURDAY.html ) I decided to go along and catch this hard-to-see classic for myself (and see the movie palace for the first time too). The film is a ghost story notable for its witty script and its wonderful photography (by the great Charles Lang); it is also the first feature-length appearance of a young Gail Russell, who looks very good in 60ft.-high close-ups. The print was nearly immaculate (there was the odd frame that showed damage; I guess the negative has a few problems, but, hey, we're talking about a 65-year-old film here). Someone should get this out on DVD ASAP.

« : May 30, 2009, 08:25:43 PM dave jenkins »

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

« #6144 : May 31, 2009, 09:36:46 AM »

Alphaville (1965) - 8/10

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
titoli
Bounty Killer

« #6145 : June 01, 2009, 11:11:39 AM »

The Mark of Zorro (1940) - Mildly entertaining thanx to the fast rhythm and Power's performance, it has little else (Rathbone is given little screen time) to recommend it. It gets 7\10 but Disney's series (and probably even the silent Fairbanks, though I remember little of it) remains unmatched.   

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #6146 : June 01, 2009, 11:26:39 AM »

The Mark of Zorro (1940) - Mildly entertaining thanx to the fast rhythm and Power's performance, it has little else (Rathbone is given little screen time) to recommend it.  
It has at least one very good sword fight. And of course there's always Linda Darnell . . .

Groggy
Bounty Killer

« #6147 : June 01, 2009, 12:37:56 PM »

Shenandoah - 4/10 - This might have been a good movie had it been directed by, say, John Ford. In the hands of schlockmeister Andrew V. MacLaglen, however, it's a trite, melodramatic and generally boring film. James Stewart's performance is excellent, but otherwise there's very little of redeeming value. As a drama it fails, as a history lesson it's hopelessly inaccurate, confused and garbled.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #6148 : June 01, 2009, 06:40:20 PM »

The Uninvited (1944) - 8/10. After reading about the showing of a newly struck print that was to be exhibited at the Loews in Jersey City ( http://www.cinemaretro.com/index.php?/archives/3304-LOEWS-JERSEY-CITY-PREMIERES-NEW-PRINT-OF-THE-UNINVITED-THIS-SATURDAY.html ) I decided to go along and catch this hard-to-see classic for myself (and see the movie palace for the first time too). The film is a ghost story notable for its witty script and its wonderful photography (by the great Charles Lang); it is also the first feature-length appearance of a young Gail Russell, who looks very good in 60ft.-high close-ups. The print was nearly immaculate (there was the odd frame that showed damage; I guess the negative has a few problems, but, hey, we're talking about a 65-year-old film here). Someone should get this out on DVD ASAP.
Update: http://www.cinemaretro.com/index.php?/archives/3317-THE-UNINVITED-CINEMA-RETRO-REPORTS-ON-THE-UNVEILING-OF-UNIVERSALS-NEW-PRINT-OF-A-CLASSIC-GHOST-STORY.html

T.H.
Bounty Killer

« #6149 : June 01, 2009, 07:46:44 PM »

Update: http://www.cinemaretro.com/index.php?/archives/3317-THE-UNINVITED-CINEMA-RETRO-REPORTS-ON-THE-UNVEILING-OF-UNIVERSALS-NEW-PRINT-OF-A-CLASSIC-GHOST-STORY.html

I've wanted to see this for a few years now, hopefully a dvd release is in the works.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre..
: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 1197  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines