Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 04:20:00 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 1169 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  (Read 1834152 times)
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #4755 on: November 14, 2008, 08:44:15 AM »

Come And Get It (1936),  I caught this after the actors credits rolled it was a meller set at the beginning in the logging camps of Wisconsin with some nice footage of logging opperations,. There was this tall skinny actor with a big moustache and a heavy Scandanavian accent who played Edward Arnold's sidekick partner who looked awfully familiar turns out it was a completely unrecognizeable Walter Brennan who won an Academy Award for best supporting actor in this and I can see why. Also had Joel  McCrea and  Frances Farmer. 6/10

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: November 15, 2008, 04:10:40 AM »

How Green Was My Valley (1941) - 7/10

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4757 on: November 15, 2008, 09:40:32 AM »

Silent Night Deadly Night 2 - 0/10 - 2nd viewing, and still worth it.

Kung Fu Panda - 7/10 - Made me laugh several times, and the animation was spectacular, but in reality there isn't very much to distinguish it from any number of other animated films - the same message about doing your own thing, etc. that's been hackneyed since Bambi. Quite frankly, I'd rather see an animated film that preached rigid conformity at this point. I think Finding Nemo was the last truly great animated film - well, except for the first half of The Incredibles. A passable waste of 80 minutes, but nothing we haven't seen many, many times before.

My Jeopardy audition is tomorrow morning, so I'll be out for the next few days. See you guys Sunday night(?). Afro

Saturday nights with Groggy
moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4758 on: November 16, 2008, 03:14:22 AM »

Something Evil (1972) - 3/10
A made-for-TV movie by Steven Spielberg. Totally unoriginal in every sense of the word.

The Godfather (1972) - 9.5/10
I was having the most boring Saturday night ever and I noticed this had just began running so I decided to watch it for the nth time. I thought I would never watch it again but there I was sitting and sipping scotch and the three hours went flying. Of course I knew all the scenes by heart. Michael's transformation into what he never wanted to be wasn't as shocking as on the first viewing but the scenes are so well built that you could enjoy them even on their own. This is funny movie in the sense that first you get the big picture and themes and only on further viewings you understand the "plot".   

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: November 16, 2008, 06:51:00 AM »

Quantum of Solace - 10/10.

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #4760 on: November 16, 2008, 07:20:22 AM »

Quantum of Solace  7/10

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4761 on: November 16, 2008, 08:05:23 AM »

The Front Page (1974) - 6.5/10

Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« Reply #4762 on: November 16, 2008, 12:51:04 PM »

Kiss Me Deadly- 10/10

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #4763 on: November 16, 2008, 03:03:40 PM »

Agreed, I got to Get "Kiss Me Deadly" In my DVD collection I watched it last night on TCM

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #4764 on: November 16, 2008, 03:11:14 PM »

Quantum Of Shoelace- 5/10

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: November 16, 2008, 05:34:03 PM »

Kiss Me Deadly- 10/10
I've got a problem with this film. With the exception of the nympho hanging out near Paul Stewart's pool, none of the broads in this film are very attractive. A Mike Hammer film with only so-so women? Something doesn't compute here.

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4766 on: November 16, 2008, 05:43:16 PM »

I've got a problem with this film. With the exception of the nympho hanging out near Paul Stewart's pool, none of the broads in this film are very attractive. A Mike Hammer film with only so-so women? Something doesn't compute here.

The problem is basically Velma. The short-haired girl has got her attraction, though not being very pretty. But Velma, yes, it's a shame.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4767 on: November 16, 2008, 05:59:47 PM »

Velma is the main problem because she has the most screen time, but I don't like the short-haired actress either. And then there's the murdered woman, played by Chloris Leachman fer cryin' out loud! What, was there a good-lookers strike on the week they were casting, so they could only hire scabs?

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4768 on: November 16, 2008, 06:26:10 PM »

La Sirčne du Mississippi (1969) - 6/10 Truffaut had his Hitchcock period, his attempt to adapt a couple of stories by Cornell Woolrich (who had provided the inspiration for Rear Window) to see if he could compete with the Master on his own ground. The first of these,The Bride Wore Black, was a quirky tale of revenge set to a Bernard Herrmann score. Less successful was the follow-up, called Mississippi Mermaid in English, and later remade as Original Sin (2001) with Antonio Badass and Angelina Jube-jube Lips. At least the Truffaut version offers us Belmondo and Deneuve, the latter playing a femme fatale for a change. Plenty of Hitchcock quotes are provided, and the plot is a good one, but Truffaut, who had no real stomach for noir-style cirme films, punked out with a really lame-ass ending. Where's the final double-cross, the body left behind? Where's--not to put too fine a point on it--the humanity? Another film I could have saved in the editing  . . .

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #4769 on: November 16, 2008, 06:53:53 PM »

Velma is the main problem because she has the most screen time, but I don't like the short-haired actress either. And then there's the murdered woman, played by Chloris Leachman fer cryin' out loud! What, was there a good-lookers strike on the week they were casting, so they could only hire scabs?

Oh yes that is the films biggest fault and definitely what set it apart from all the other Hammer films, it is a shame 'caus its I think the best of them all. 

Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 1169 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM