Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 05:08:41 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 1162 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  (Read 1764986 times)
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6135 on: May 27, 2009, 11:31:22 AM »

Yeah, sure.

Yeah.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6136 on: May 27, 2009, 11:41:52 AM »

Taken - 6/10 - If all you demand out of your movie is lots of people getting punched, beaten and shot repeatedly, then this Bud's for you. If not, well, give it a pass.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 11:42:55 AM by Groggy » Logged

Saturday nights with Groggy
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #6137 on: May 27, 2009, 11:44:03 AM »

Taken - 6/10 - If all you demand out of your movie is lots of people getting punched, beaten and shot repeatedly, then this Bud's for you. If not, well, give it a pass.
Ace. Afro

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6138 on: May 28, 2009, 01:04:24 PM »

Batman and Robin - 0/10 - I had to see this after seeing a clip compilation of Ahnuld as Mistah Freeze. I don't even know what the hell to say, I'm completely dumbfounded that a movie with such a big budget could be so terrible and utterly incompetent. It seemed to be a contest to see which actor could give the worst performance, with George Clooney, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Alicia Silverstone and Uma Thurman all putting their best effort into sucking. Oh, and it was utter shit too. I did laugh quite a bit at Freeze's chilly puns, but as entertainment it left me cold.

On the plus (?) side, I got Colossus of Rhodes from Netflix today - hopefully I can check it out tomorrow. Hopefully, too, it will be worth watching - watching two shitty movies on consecutive days would feel like a bad case of Frost bite.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 01:06:36 PM by Groggy » Logged

Whalestoe
« Reply #6139 on: May 28, 2009, 01:18:29 PM »

Batman and Robin - 0/10 - I had to see this after seeing a clip compilation of Ahnuld as Mistah Freeze. I don't even know what the hell to say, I'm completely dumbfounded that a movie with such a big budget could be so terrible and utterly incompetent. It seemed to be a contest to see which actor could give the worst performance, with George Clooney, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Alicia Silverstone and Uma Thurman all putting their best effort into sucking. Oh, and it was utter shit too. I did laugh quite a bit at Freeze's chilly puns, but as entertainment it left me cold.

On the plus (?) side, I got Colossus of Rhodes from Netflix today - hopefully I can check it out tomorrow. Hopefully, too, it will be worth watching - watching two shitty movies on consecutive days would feel like a bad case of Frost bite.
Evil

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6140 on: May 29, 2009, 01:19:33 PM »

The Colossus of Rhodes - 5/10 - See the appropriate thread on the appropriate board.

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6141 on: May 29, 2009, 09:15:39 PM »

Smokin' Aces (2007) - I only understood a quarter of it and I will never watch it again to fill gaps. 3\10 for some action scenes in the building.

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #6142 on: May 30, 2009, 06:43:53 PM »

Coyote Waits (2003) - 6/10

Good for what it is.

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6143 on: May 30, 2009, 09:18:16 PM »

The Uninvited (1944) - 8/10. After reading about the showing of a newly struck print that was to be exhibited at the Loews in Jersey City ( http://www.cinemaretro.com/index.php?/archives/3304-LOEWS-JERSEY-CITY-PREMIERES-NEW-PRINT-OF-THE-UNINVITED-THIS-SATURDAY.html ) I decided to go along and catch this hard-to-see classic for myself (and see the movie palace for the first time too). The film is a ghost story notable for its witty script and its wonderful photography (by the great Charles Lang); it is also the first feature-length appearance of a young Gail Russell, who looks very good in 60ft.-high close-ups. The print was nearly immaculate (there was the odd frame that showed damage; I guess the negative has a few problems, but, hey, we're talking about a 65-year-old film here). Someone should get this out on DVD ASAP.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 09:25:43 PM by dave jenkins » Logged

moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

View Profile
« Reply #6144 on: May 31, 2009, 10:36:46 AM »

Alphaville (1965) - 8/10

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6145 on: June 01, 2009, 12:11:39 PM »

The Mark of Zorro (1940) - Mildly entertaining thanx to the fast rhythm and Power's performance, it has little else (Rathbone is given little screen time) to recommend it. It gets 7\10 but Disney's series (and probably even the silent Fairbanks, though I remember little of it) remains unmatched.   

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6146 on: June 01, 2009, 12:26:39 PM »

The Mark of Zorro (1940) - Mildly entertaining thanx to the fast rhythm and Power's performance, it has little else (Rathbone is given little screen time) to recommend it.  
It has at least one very good sword fight. And of course there's always Linda Darnell . . .

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6147 on: June 01, 2009, 01:37:56 PM »

Shenandoah - 4/10 - This might have been a good movie had it been directed by, say, John Ford. In the hands of schlockmeister Andrew V. MacLaglen, however, it's a trite, melodramatic and generally boring film. James Stewart's performance is excellent, but otherwise there's very little of redeeming value. As a drama it fails, as a history lesson it's hopelessly inaccurate, confused and garbled.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6148 on: June 01, 2009, 07:40:20 PM »

The Uninvited (1944) - 8/10. After reading about the showing of a newly struck print that was to be exhibited at the Loews in Jersey City ( http://www.cinemaretro.com/index.php?/archives/3304-LOEWS-JERSEY-CITY-PREMIERES-NEW-PRINT-OF-THE-UNINVITED-THIS-SATURDAY.html ) I decided to go along and catch this hard-to-see classic for myself (and see the movie palace for the first time too). The film is a ghost story notable for its witty script and its wonderful photography (by the great Charles Lang); it is also the first feature-length appearance of a young Gail Russell, who looks very good in 60ft.-high close-ups. The print was nearly immaculate (there was the odd frame that showed damage; I guess the negative has a few problems, but, hey, we're talking about a 65-year-old film here). Someone should get this out on DVD ASAP.
Update: http://www.cinemaretro.com/index.php?/archives/3317-THE-UNINVITED-CINEMA-RETRO-REPORTS-ON-THE-UNVEILING-OF-UNIVERSALS-NEW-PRINT-OF-A-CLASSIC-GHOST-STORY.html

T.H.
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6149 on: June 01, 2009, 08:46:44 PM »

I've wanted to see this for a few years now, hopefully a dvd release is in the works.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre. What did you think of the script?
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 1162 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM