Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 04:19:52 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 1170 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  (Read 1839703 times)
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6195 on: June 08, 2009, 03:56:38 PM »

Blackboard Jungle (1955) - Preachy scenes apart, still effective. I was struck this time from Morrow's performance: probably his is the first example of the kind which will become daily bread in the '70's up to our days, with the nevrotic, mercurial characters best impersonated by De Niro and Pacino. 8\10

Amaze
Bounty Killer

I don't see any method at all, sir.

View Profile
« Reply #6196 on: June 08, 2009, 05:41:31 PM »

Le Trou(1960) 5/6
one of the best prison escape movies I've seen. if you get a chance to see it do so. had me hooked from beginning to end.

Glory(1989) 4/6
a nice movie about the first all black regiment in the u.s. civil war but like many similar films it becomes a bit pompous at times. but of course morgan freeman once again demonstrates why he is the best supporting actor of all time and everyone else did a fine job. tho I think broderick was a miscast in my opinion.

moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

View Profile
« Reply #6197 on: June 09, 2009, 02:00:51 AM »

Crank (2006) - 4.5/10
I fucking hated the cinematography. My main motivation for watching this was to find out if I should see the sequel. Is it anything like this?

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6198 on: June 09, 2009, 04:34:29 AM »

Le Trou(1960) 5/6
one of the best prison escape movies I've seen.

In my book the best one. By far.

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6199 on: June 09, 2009, 02:48:56 PM »

The 300 Spartans (1962) - Apart from the romantic subplot (kept to a minimum, but still annoying) perfect rendition of the famous battle. Richard Egan is great, as is Richardson (I didn't expect such great performances in a movie like this) but I can't say the same about the one playing Xerxes because he's obviously miscast: he doesn't look oriental at all. The main difference with the comic book based 300 is in the battle scenes: in the older movie they are realistic and gripping, you really have the sensation that thing might have gone like that. 8\10

Amaze
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6200 on: June 09, 2009, 03:49:57 PM »

Death Sentence(2007) 2/6
the only way I was able to sit through this was to pretend it was a comic book adaptation. but it didn't hold my interest to the end.
too long, too obvious and was filled with rather one dimensional characters, you know, the sort you find in most comic book adaptations. I kinda liked john goodman tho.

Whalestoe
« Reply #6201 on: June 09, 2009, 06:01:52 PM »

Up 3-D - 9/10

3-d is awful. I would have rather watched it regularly. The movie, however, was great. Especially its soundtrack.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #6202 on: June 09, 2009, 07:05:18 PM »

Crank (2006) - 4.5/10
I fucking hated the cinematography. My main motivation for watching this was to find out if I should see the sequel. Is it anything like this?

The sequel trumps it in all aspects.

8/10 for the sequel.

4/10 for CRANK... which is only good for the first 15 minutes then runs out of steam.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6203 on: June 09, 2009, 07:06:25 PM »

Up 3-D - 9/10

3-d is awful. I would have rather watched it regularly. The movie, however, was great. Especially its soundtrack.

You don't like the 3-D format or the 3-D for this particular movie was just no good?

Whalestoe
« Reply #6204 on: June 09, 2009, 07:07:36 PM »

You don't like the 3-D format or the 3-D for this particular movie was just no good?

I just really don't like 3-D. It just fucks with my eyes too much and hurts them while trying to watch the movie.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 07:12:19 PM by Whalestoe » Logged
Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« Reply #6205 on: June 09, 2009, 11:25:23 PM »

Mullholand Dr. no clue

Lynch He's a different person alright

Korn:Live enjoyable

Fear Xkept me interested

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6206 on: June 10, 2009, 11:26:04 AM »

Death Sentence(2007) 2/6
the only way I was able to sit through this was to pretend it was a comic book adaptation. but it didn't hold my interest to the end.
too long, too obvious and was filled with rather one dimensional characters, you know, the sort you find in most comic book adaptations. I kinda liked john goodman tho.

The garage scene done in, what seems to be, one shot is pretty amazing. You've got to admit that.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6207 on: June 10, 2009, 12:40:40 PM »

The Getaway - 5/10 - Despite the advertisement of this film as a shoot-'em-up action flick, it really seems more like a badly-done Hitchcockian "man on the run" thriller, with only a couple of brief action scenes and little Peckinpah flare. The plot is virtually non-existant, the characters cardboard ciphers, and the villains are hardly even in the story. Too much time is spent on McQueen and McGraw's relationship troubles (despite marrying later in life they have zero chemistry) and the stupid subplot with Al Liettieri and Sally Struthers, are who are annoying as fuck. Also pretty damn lame that they used about fifty variations of the tired "fugitive enters store, store-owner hears TV/radio broadcast describing convict, convict slips by at the last second" cliche. The final shootout is pretty good but not really worth all the lame build-up. The film's alleged OUATIA connections, commented on elsewhere on this board, are pretty much non-existant and can probably be put down to coincidence. McQueen is going through the motions, McGraw can't outact a blow-up doll, Liettieri and Struthers have already been dealt with, the supporting cast (Richard Bright, Ben Johnson, Jack Dodson, Slim Pickens, Dub Taylor, Roy Jenson, Bo Hopkins) fine but underused. For all its flaws I think I preferred The Osterman Weekend.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 12:47:18 PM by Groggy » Logged

Saturday nights with Groggy
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #6208 on: June 10, 2009, 05:04:18 PM »

. . . and the stupid subplot with Al Liettieri and Sally Struthers, who are are annoying as fuck.
I agree with you, but when rewatching the film I never get this far anymore. I like the first half of the movie, the bank job and the bit with Ben Johnson. After that, the film completely loses its way.

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
Amaze
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6209 on: June 10, 2009, 05:07:33 PM »

love your sig dave  Grin

Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 1170 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM