Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 10:23:18 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 1162 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  (Read 1764480 times)
Amaze
Bounty Killer

I don't see any method at all, sir.

View Profile
« Reply #6210 on: June 10, 2009, 05:10:24 PM »

The garage scene done in, what seems to be, one shot is pretty amazing. You've got to admit that.

part of the scene at least. ye I noticed. didnt help the movie much Wink

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6211 on: June 11, 2009, 11:25:08 AM »

Doubt - 9/10 - 2nd viewing.

Plan to watch OUATITW tomorrow if nothing interferes.

Saturday nights with Groggy
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #6212 on: June 11, 2009, 12:59:40 PM »

Doubt - 9/10 - 2nd viewing.

Plan to watch OUATITW tomorrow if nothing interferes.

Been dying to see Doubt.

And saw OUATITW yesterday with two close friends and my girlfriend. My gf surprisingly enjoyed it very much and even caught things I missed on first viewing. My two friends have seen it before and liked it on first viewing, this time they loved it.

That was a great experience.    Afro

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #6213 on: June 11, 2009, 05:32:26 PM »

I Come With the Rain (2008) - 7/10. So I was at Roppongi Hills waiting for a friend--did I mention I'm in Tokyo this month?--and since he was going to be a couple hours, I decided to take in a movie. The Toho Cinemas were playing the usual crap, but they also had this. I didn't know anything about the film, but it was in English, had an Asian cast (plus Josh Hairnet) and a HK setting. I'm a sucker for a HK setting, so I paid my 18 dollars, collected my 7 dollar beer, and went in. Turns out this is an action-art film. Which means that along with the haunted ex-cop on a missing persons case, the soulless HK gangster who obsesses over his drug-addicted woman, and the workaholic HK cop who is dedicated to bringing the gangster to justice, you also get ponderous shots of people and objects interestingly framed. It kind of works, even though the artsy-fartsy stuff gets in the way of the story. This is partly because the story is so cliched that we don't really need it explained, and partly because the story is so cliched we need something else to occupy our attention. Tedium is also avoided by the generous use of flashbacks. Well, this is a film with a unique visual style, and I was never bored. The bizarre soundtrack is by Radiohead.

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6214 on: June 12, 2009, 01:17:04 PM »

OUATITW - 10/10 - I want to write something for my blog but I'm ambivalent because a) I've already written at least three reviews of this movie and b) it's likely to turn into a longer essay, which I must admit I'm not as good at as a concise review. We'll see.

Amaze
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6215 on: June 13, 2009, 12:15:19 PM »

charlie wilson's war(2007) 3/6

didn't know what to expect here. turned out to be an odd movie. at first I thought was going to be a drama, but it sort of turned into a comedy, even though it wasn't very funny. but it was an interesting story and that's what kept me watching. that and hoffman playing a very rude cia agent. by no means a great movie but worth seeing once I suppose.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6216 on: June 13, 2009, 03:32:34 PM »

Are you familiar with Aaron Sorkin's other work? He tends to straddle the line between comedy and drama very, very closely.

Personally, I love Charlie Wilson's War except for the cop-out ending. I've seen it three times now and it definitely holds up to repeat viewings (provided of course you like it in the first place).

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #6217 on: June 13, 2009, 04:33:21 PM »

Danny the Dog (2005) - 2.5/10

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« Reply #6218 on: June 13, 2009, 04:44:29 PM »

Danny the Dog (2005) - 2.5/10

reasons?

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #6219 on: June 13, 2009, 05:11:55 PM »

The Last Detail (1973)  dir. by Hal Ashby with Jack Nicholson, Otis Young, Randy Quaid, Carol Kane (when she probably looked her best if that is possible in a nude scene as a young whore), and Michael Moriarty. 7/10

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #6220 on: June 13, 2009, 07:46:05 PM »

reasons?

Grin

I knew you wouldn't appreciate this.

Grin

Reason: because it looks just like one of those movies Luc Besson writes from time to time to earn some quick cash. Predictable and pathetic. Sorry, it's just bad. Smiley

« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 08:06:49 PM by Dust Devil » Logged

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« Reply #6221 on: June 13, 2009, 08:07:18 PM »

just wondering is all  Grin

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #6222 on: June 13, 2009, 08:33:04 PM »

charlie wilson's war(2007) 3/6

didn't know what to expect here. turned out to be an odd movie. at first I thought was going to be a drama, but it sort of turned into a comedy, even though it wasn't very funny. but it was an interesting story and that's what kept me watching. that and hoffman playing a very rude cia agent. by no means a great movie but worth seeing once I suppose.

I'm with you. Found it to be a pretty good film but it's cold, like, there is something missing.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Amaze
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6223 on: June 14, 2009, 09:33:03 AM »

amores perros(2000) 3/6

started out pretty good but at some point it became really boring. so boring I barely made it through the whole thing. someone more sentimental than me might enjoy it more. and the parallel storytelling doesn't really impress me, sorry.

Amaze
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6224 on: June 14, 2009, 09:35:00 AM »

Are you familiar with Aaron Sorkin's other work? He tends to straddle the line between comedy and drama very, very closely.

never heard of him I'm afraid. I looked him up on imdb but didn't see anything I've seen before.

Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 1162 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM