Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 08:56:50 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 1162 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  (Read 1765250 times)
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6420 on: July 13, 2009, 06:12:40 PM »

I don't "dismiss" its originality. I merely say it has no bearing on the film's quality, merely its influence.

I've seen 26/27 of Hitchcock's films but given that made over 50 I'm sure there's a lot of junk I missed and probably won't bother to see. (I quite like Family Plot and Topaz isn't bad, though.) I haven't seen that many Scorsese, and Ford just made so goddamn many films I won't even bother.

As for Kubrick? How can I judge a film that I've not seen? I'll probably see Fear and Desire for sake of completism but right now I haven't. I don't like Barry Lyndon or The Killing. They're bad films according to my taste. They may not be objectively bad but then no such thing is really possible as long as someone likes it.

The problem here is that you're attempting to form an "objective" opinion of what is and isn't good. Which, from my experience, is futile. Good luck with that, though. Afro

Saturday nights with Groggy
T.H.
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6421 on: July 13, 2009, 06:37:43 PM »

Without sparking a mundane, semantical debate about objectivity, there is a difference between "worst" and "least favorite".

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre. What did you think of the script?
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #6422 on: July 13, 2009, 07:22:24 PM »

Rush Hour 3 (2007) - 3/10

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« Reply #6423 on: July 13, 2009, 08:26:52 PM »

thats disappoiting.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

dont know what to rate it.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6424 on: July 14, 2009, 06:48:41 AM »

Without sparking a mundane, semantical debate about objectivity, there is a difference between "worst" and "least favorite".

I only bother making such distinctions when I actually like the movie. "Least favorite" is kind of a loaded term anyway, it implies that such films are good but one just isn't as good as the other films of said director. I wouldn't say that about any of the films I name.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6425 on: July 14, 2009, 06:51:14 AM »

The first one was decent if rather stupid, but the second one was beyond dire, so I can't say I'm surprised. When I heard Chris Tucker making a racist joke at Jackie Chan's expense in the trailer I decided I was gonna do all I could to avoid it.

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6426 on: July 14, 2009, 07:18:27 AM »

The first one was decent if rather stupid, but the second one was beyond dire, so I can't say I'm surprised. When I heard Chris Tucker making a racist joke at Jackie Chan's expense in the trailer I decided I was gonna do all I could to avoid it.

I didn't see the trailer but there's a scene with a French taxi driver that doesn't wanna drive Lee and Carter because ''they are Americans, and everybody knows Americans always go for violence when they can't solve something''. I've read somewhere that that was labeled as ''racist''.

About the movie: it was a good decision.

Still, I can't say I hated the previous two. It was benign unpretentious Hollywood action crap, they were never trying to make it sound like they were doing something serious. Jackie Chan has his moves and Chris Tucker had a couple of funny lines, although I wouldn't rate them very high I confess I watched them a couple of times so far with female co-watchers and the time passed easier.

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6427 on: July 14, 2009, 10:12:38 AM »

Total Recall (1990) - (around) 7/10

A classic, but heavily flawed.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6428 on: July 14, 2009, 10:56:32 AM »

The line I was thinking of was Tucker telling Chan "You can't be black! There's a height requirement!" My first instinct was to blurt out something about pygmies, or maybe it was to punch Tucker in the face. Especially considering his lengthy and hideously unfunny anti-racist ranting in the second film. I like Chan well-enough but Tucker is on my short list of "most obnoxious 'actors' ever".

« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 11:00:38 AM by Groggy » Logged

Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« Reply #6429 on: July 14, 2009, 01:05:11 PM »

Total Recall (1990) - (around) 7/10

A classic, but heavily flawed.

what flaws? thats a masterpiece of science fiction Afro

Colonel GŁnther Ruiz
« Reply #6430 on: July 14, 2009, 01:19:46 PM »

The line I was thinking of was Tucker telling Chan "You can't be black! There's a height requirement!" My first instinct was to blurt out something about pygmies, or maybe it was to punch Tucker in the face. Especially considering his lengthy and hideously unfunny anti-racist ranting in the second film. I like Chan well-enough but Tucker is on my short list of "most obnoxious 'actors' ever".

Don't forget director Brett Ratner who allowed (or encouraged) Tucker to go on like that.  Two assholes.   Angry

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6431 on: July 14, 2009, 01:22:02 PM »

Friday (1995) - 7/10

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6432 on: July 15, 2009, 01:55:11 AM »

Ocean's 13
Not sure how to rate it. Especially since i didn't finish it (that will wait a couple days). I'm not a great fan of the serie, but I kind of like something about these movies... and I may be the only one, but my favorite one is the 12, then the 13, and then the 11 (that I REALLY didn't like. I may give the original one a try one of these days).

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6433 on: July 15, 2009, 09:22:11 AM »

Ocean's 13
Not sure how to rate it. Especially since i didn't finish it (that will wait a couple days). I'm not a great fan of the serie, but I kind of like something about these movies... and I may be the only one, but my favorite one is the 12, then the 13, and then the 11 (that I REALLY didn't like. I may give the original one a try one of these days).

Thanks for sharing, but just in case you didn't know the name of this topic is Rate The Last Movie You Saw, so there isn't really a point for you to tell what you think of a movie/series unless you rate it. Hope it isn't too much for you, in that case - sorry.

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6434 on: July 15, 2009, 09:27:44 AM »

what if i tell you the movie is called "ocean's" and the rating is 13?

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 1162 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM