Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 03:59:57 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 1162 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  (Read 1769166 times)
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6450 on: July 17, 2009, 06:08:39 PM »

After Hours (1985) - 4/10

Stupid.

I've tried to watch this twice and couldn't make it beyond the first 30 minutes and that only out of respect for the director.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #6451 on: July 17, 2009, 07:24:49 PM »

After Hours (1985) - 4/10

Stupid.

I just saved myself 97 minutes by watching the trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLHM-wPecz0

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #6452 on: July 17, 2009, 07:55:53 PM »

Funny, I too unsuccessfully tried watching it a couple of times before I finally managed to stay awake till the end. I would have thrown the DVD after the first attempt but everybody around me was of the opinion this was a cult comedy from a great director and that I should definitely give it try. And so I  gave it a try... and just nothing. Usually I'm a sucker for this kind of ''night in the urban jungle'' simple stories but this just wasn't going anywhere. One thing that I really didn't get was why were all the streets empty? That really pissed me off. It made no sense whatsoever.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 08:04:26 PM by Dust Devil » Logged

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6453 on: July 17, 2009, 08:03:49 PM »

dont you just watch this and ask yourself.

"what the hell happened to the wayans bros?"

There ain't no more hood flicks left to make fun of, that's what happened to them. Grin

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #6454 on: July 17, 2009, 09:57:59 PM »

dont you just watch this and ask yourself.

"what the hell happened to the wayans bros?"

You mean, they were funny at some point?

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6455 on: July 18, 2009, 11:51:32 AM »

You mean, they were funny at some point?

I can't remember one truly funny movie they were in to be honest, but DBAMTSCWDYJITH (check if the first letters are in the right order... yeah, right.) was a funny and watchable spoof if you knew the movies, jokes, stereotypes (etc.) they were spoofing.

PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6456 on: July 18, 2009, 12:30:02 PM »

WTF this board needs to stop hating movies I love

Whalestoe
« Reply #6457 on: July 18, 2009, 01:47:59 PM »

I'll love it just for you.

T.H.
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6458 on: July 18, 2009, 01:59:20 PM »

I don't hate it, I'd give a generous seven, but the problem is that the main character is basically a prop continually thrown into redundant, uncomfortable situations. Had their been more character development and less shenanigans, it would have been much better.

I like its look or style, especially the swooping zoom of Rosanna Arquette (sp?).

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre. What did you think of the script?
Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« Reply #6459 on: July 18, 2009, 03:04:01 PM »

I can't remember one truly funny movie they were in to be honest, but DBAMTSCWDYJITH (check if the first letters are in the right order... yeah, right.) was a funny and watchable spoof if you knew the movies, jokes, stereotypes (etc.) they were spoofing.

Im Gonna Get You Sucka is a funny movie. Scary Movie has its moments. and its not a comedy but damon wayans was great in The Last Boy Scout.

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6460 on: July 18, 2009, 03:25:32 PM »

Im Gonna Get You Sucka is a funny movie.

You maybe right about this one, but again: it's another parody. Cheesy

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6461 on: July 18, 2009, 03:44:17 PM »

The Swindlers (aka The Swindle) - (1955) I never discovered who labeled this as a "minor" Fellini. I saw it when I was barely in my teens and was impressed. Especially the party sequence. Crawford's death, I didn't remember it was so good. The sequence with the cripple girl is apparently pathetic, but of course Fellini makes it tragic with the further development. What I hadn't realized until today was how much of an influence must have been on the genre known as commedia all'italiana   whose first movie is unanimously considered (not a coincidence) Big Deal on Madonna Street: a movie about two-bit thieves as this is about two bits con men.  But Fellini's influence must have been stronger on Risi rather than Monicelli. If you like the '50's Fellini this is not to be missed. A dvd is available, I think.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6462 on: July 18, 2009, 05:48:06 PM »

Rusty Saves a Life - 102/10 - The best Rusty yet!

Public Enemies - 7/10 - Second viewing. My opinion is roughly the same as my first viewing though I had fewer problems with the historical inaccuracies and the sound seemed significantly better than the first time (though we were still sitting a row in front of chattering old douchebag). My brother thought it was okay, though he bitched about the shaky cam and didn't like the romance.

Saturday nights with Groggy
T.H.
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6463 on: July 18, 2009, 09:17:11 PM »

The Swindlers (aka The Swindle) - (1955) I never discovered who labeled this as a "minor" Fellini. I saw it when I was barely in my teens and was impressed. Especially the party sequence. Crawford's death, I didn't remember it was so good. The sequence with the cripple girl is apparently pathetic, but of course Fellini makes it tragic with the further development. What I hadn't realized until today was how much of an influence must have been on the genre known as commedia all'italiana   whose first movie is unanimously considered (not a coincidence) Big Deal on Madonna Street: a movie about two-bit thieves as this is about two bits con men.  But Fellini's influence must have been stronger on Risi rather than Monicelli. If you like the '50's Fellini this is not to be missed. A dvd is available, I think.

I need to re-watch this one, I like it a good bit.

and Groggy, your bro would fit in well with us shaky cam, romance haters.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre. What did you think of the script?
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #6464 on: July 19, 2009, 04:24:34 AM »

The Fall, beautiful cinematography 7/10

Tom Jones - Classic 10/10

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 1162 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM