Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 05:01:52 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
Pages: 1 ... 439 440 [441] 442 443 ... 1162 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  (Read 1762564 times)
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #6600 on: August 09, 2009, 02:50:15 PM »

Leprechaun in Space - 100/10 - Warwick Davis doing a John Wayne impersonation = mindfuck. "As Shakespeare said, Shit happens!"

Wouldn't go that high but it definitely deserves a 80/10.

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
Colonel GŁnther Ruiz
« Reply #6601 on: August 09, 2009, 03:07:21 PM »

Leprechaun in Space - 100/10 - Warwick Davis doing a John Wayne impersonation = mindfuck. "As Shakespeare said, Shit happens!"

Wouldn't go that high but it definitely deserves a 80/10.

You're both crazy--Leprechaun in the Hood buries ...in Space.   Cheesy

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6602 on: August 09, 2009, 03:24:51 PM »

Yeah, I'd give that one a 101/10. Cheesy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlufxatPxnA&feature=fvst

Saturday nights with Groggy
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6603 on: August 09, 2009, 04:27:20 PM »

Obscene.

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
T.H.
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6604 on: August 09, 2009, 05:04:04 PM »

It has absolutely nothing to do with my age. I saw Visconti's The Leopard which is longer and perhaps slower than La Dolce Vita and I thought it was excellent, matter of fact I own the Criterion DVD. I felt more attached to the characters in that film whereas the ones in La Dolce Vita felt more like one dimensional cartoon characters ( I understand Fellini did this intentionally to show the shallowness of those who live "the sweet life" but I really felt it was over-kill ). In The Leopard I truly felt the feeling of isolation and nostalgia Fabrizio felt whereas Marcello in LDV felt the same emotions yet I found it difficult to connect to his character.

With all do respect, I find it a bit offensive that people believe I don't like the film because of my age. I understood the mood and themes Fellini tried to convey in the film but I felt that after about half way through the movie he was just beating it into his audience. I get it, the media is a circus, the papparazzi are pricks, and the rich and famous are shallow creatures who all live a meaningless existence behind a ceremonial facade. I don't need to endure 3 hours of slow, absurd sequences which go nowhere to comprehend the meaning of the film.

How are the characters 1D?!

Again, you're dismissing much of what the film covers. It simply isn't saying that the elite are shallow, it basically says you might as well get your kicks because in the end it doesn't matter: If you marry, stay faithful, you'll end up unhappy. If you try to sleep with as many as possible, you'll end up lonely and happy. If you follow your dreams, etc. It's much more complicated than what you have described.

The sequences are anything but absurd, each episode has deep sociological and philosophical meaning.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre. What did you think of the script?
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6605 on: August 09, 2009, 05:33:43 PM »

Welcome to Mooseport (2004) - 3.5/10

Because it's Gene Hackman's last role.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6606 on: August 09, 2009, 06:12:18 PM »

I didn't think Mooseport was THAT bad. Granted, it wasn't very good either...

Saturday nights with Groggy
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6607 on: August 10, 2009, 11:46:52 AM »

Yeah, but because it was Gene Hackman's last role, if it wasn't for him I doubt an average movie fan could live through it without at least a six-pack, lots of popcorn and a pack of cigarettes.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 11:48:20 AM by Dust Devil » Logged

Colonel GŁnther Ruiz
« Reply #6608 on: August 10, 2009, 12:02:24 PM »

Yeah, but because it was Gene Hackman's last role, if it wasn't for him I doubt an average movie fan could live through it without at least a six-pack, lots of popcorn and a pack of cigarettes.

Don't forget that it was hopefully the last time that we'll see Ray Romano when he's not playing a prehistoric elephant.   Afro

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6609 on: August 10, 2009, 12:10:56 PM »

Ahhh... I doubt we're that lucky... Cheesy

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #6610 on: August 10, 2009, 12:24:33 PM »

La Dolce Vita  -  3/10

I don't understand the hype behind this film. I've heard so many people claim it to be a hypnotic masterpiece yet I could barely retain my focus on the screen. For me it was incredibly boring, so much so I had to stop it 2 hours in.
I'm with Peacemaker on this, 100%. La Dolce Vita sucks. And I'm not part of the "visual" generation.

I generally dislike Fellini, but he has his successes, and they are all early in his career. La Strada is good; Nights of Cabiria is, for my money, his masterpiece. But after that F pretty much lost it. Bought in to his own hype, I guess . . . .

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #6611 on: August 10, 2009, 12:56:24 PM »

I'm with Peacemaker on this, 100%. La Dolce Vita sucks. And I'm not part of the "visual" generation.

I generally dislike Fellini, but he has his successes, and they are all early in his career. La Strada is good; Nights of Cabiria is, for my money, his masterpiece. But after that F pretty much lost it. Bought in to his own hype, I guess . . . .

Huzzah! I felt like I was the only person who disliked the film.

I haven't seen any other Fellini movies but if they're all similar to this one then....zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Hopefully they aren't.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #6612 on: August 10, 2009, 01:38:23 PM »

Donnie Darko  - 10/10

Great film. 'nuff said.

T.H.
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6613 on: August 10, 2009, 01:45:52 PM »

Donnie Darko  - 10/10

Great film. 'nuff said.

Now there's a 3/10 movie if I've ever seen one.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre. What did you think of the script?
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #6614 on: August 10, 2009, 01:46:51 PM »

Now there's a 3/10 movie if I've ever seen one.

How so?

Pages: 1 ... 439 440 [441] 442 443 ... 1162 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM