Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 07:42:59 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 1162 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  (Read 1769400 times)
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #6765 on: September 02, 2009, 08:07:01 PM »

Yes Man (2008) - 3/10

Jim Carrey.

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6766 on: September 02, 2009, 08:18:18 PM »

Its not that i have a different opinion on those movies but damn thats gotta be torture actually sitting through Mamma Mia.

I had a bunch of loan DVDs sitting near my DVD player for months, that needed to be taken care of. They imbibed all the dust they possibly could and I thought it was time to finally end their miseries. Or mine, depending on how you look at it.

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6767 on: September 02, 2009, 08:51:37 PM »

Fear and Desire - 3/10 - An odd little Grade-Z war movie from the '50s that's just plain bad. This Kubrick fellow (some film school drop-out no doubt) is a pretentious hack who thinks that some artsy camera angles and pretentious narration make him look cool (I hope he flunked his final). Thank God he never went on to do anything else after this, least of all any Thackeray or Nobokov adaptations. On the other hand it has the headless woman from The Brain That Wouldn't Die, so that's a definite plus, AND there's a cute dog.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 09:33:20 PM by Groggy » Logged

Saturday nights with Groggy
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #6768 on: September 02, 2009, 09:06:45 PM »

Cadillac Records (2008) - 4/10

Uneventful biopic full of stale dramatic elements and fusty characters. Stagnant.
Beyonce singing Etta James didn't float your boat? Well, no accounting for taste. I thought the music and performances lifted the flick above the common.

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6769 on: September 03, 2009, 04:36:46 AM »

Beyonce singing Etta James didn't float your boat? Well, no accounting for taste. I thought the music and performances lifted the flick above the common.

A couple of clichéd Hollywood dramatic excesses would have done it good, as obviously not many in the crew understood what was this 'realistic experimenting' aiming at. I'm surprised they even made their money back.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6770 on: September 03, 2009, 08:32:05 AM »

A couple of clichéd Hollywood dramatic excesses would have done it good, as obviously not many in the crew understood what was this 'realistic experimenting' aiming at. I'm surprised they even made their money back.
The soundtrack album probably sold really well.

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6771 on: September 03, 2009, 12:07:27 PM »

Selling soundtracks on DVDs does sound like a dollar in a cent business.

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6772 on: September 03, 2009, 03:38:15 PM »

Children of the Revolution (1996) - 6.6/10

Not great but so oddly interesting.

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6773 on: September 03, 2009, 06:38:26 PM »

The Tale of Despereaux (2008) - ?/10

Couldn't finish it, but doesn't really matter, it's OK for what it is - something for kids to watch on a Saturday evening.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 07:14:02 PM by Dust Devil » Logged

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6774 on: September 03, 2009, 09:26:50 PM »

The Tale of Despereaux (2008) - ?/10

Couldn't finish it, but doesn't really matter, it's OK for what it is - something for kids to watch on a Saturday evening.
I distinguish between those "kids films" that I can't stand to sit through, and those I don't mind the kids playing over and over again. In the former I place "Ratatouille",  the latter includes "Aladdin" and "The Incredibles."

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6775 on: September 03, 2009, 09:37:12 PM »

So wait Jinkies, you don't like the Rat Movie!? My God, since when does Jenkins = sense!? Shocked

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6776 on: September 04, 2009, 09:50:30 AM »

I distinguish between those "kids films" that I can't stand to sit through, and those I don't mind the kids playing over and over again. In the former I place "Ratatouille",  the latter includes "Aladdin" and "The Incredibles."

Should have wrote ''didn't finish it'' rather than ''couldn't finish it''. I couldn't/didn't finish it because I had other things knocking on my door at that moment, not because it was so bad. My opinion seems to coincide with most of the others on net - it's basically a re-hashed mediocre time-passer for kids. If they're having a Saturday triathlon/duathlon, building toward the Babe the Gallant Pig or whatever gran finale, they can start with this one.

Watched Aladdin once and never again, wasn't so brave with that The Incredibles futuristic-idiotic crap.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6777 on: September 04, 2009, 10:59:55 AM »

The Incredibles starts out great, as a smart superhero spoof with some really pointed satire about social expectations and our cultural embrace of mediocrity. Then it turns into a mediocre action film about halfway through and I lose interest.

I do really like Aladdin although it's been ages since I've seen it. That and The Lion King are undoubtedly the pinnacle of Disney's post-Walt output (unless you count some of Pixar's stuff).

« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 11:02:23 AM by Groggy » Logged

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6778 on: September 04, 2009, 01:50:21 PM »

Gamer (2009) - 7/10. The plot isn't anything special--basically The Matrix, except there is no VR and gamers play their characters in the real world--and normally I wouldn't have given this a look, except it was made by Neveldine/Taylor, the duo who gave us 2009's most entertaining film, Crank High Voltage. Visually, this is a treat--you will believe humans have pores (but a warning to Sonny: don't see it unless you want another headache); a shame, though, about the rather predictable plot. Some good performances, by the guy who plays HBO's Dexter, and of course, Gerard Butler (I just love it when he says: "This. Is. SPARTA!!!"). Hey, two cutting-edge films by Neveldine/Taylor in the same year! Are these guys the flavor of the month, or what?

Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« Reply #6779 on: September 04, 2009, 02:35:02 PM »

Sleeping With The Enemy 3/10

1 point for the movie. 1 for the cool mustache. and 1 for the mullet.

Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 1162 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM