Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 01:01:54 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
Pages: 1 ... 474 475 [476] 477 478 ... 1170 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  (Read 1838493 times)
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #7125 on: November 17, 2009, 10:48:36 AM »

Michael Jordan's Playground (1990) - 7/10

Again not the documentary he deserves, but interesting because made of his best moves and moments from the 80s, before he got his first ring. Never mind the 'plot', MJ's 'acting', the 'music' or the 'message', just sit down and enjoy the show.

I have a feeling Dave would like to see this one.

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7126 on: November 17, 2009, 04:44:27 PM »

Breaker Morant - 9/10 - 2nd viewing. Thanks Jinkies for giving me the idea to rewatch it.

Saturday nights with Groggy
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #7127 on: November 17, 2009, 09:51:40 PM »

Land Raiders (1969) Bruno Nicolai score gets a 9/10 film gets a 5/10

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #7128 on: November 18, 2009, 04:00:16 AM »

Michael Jordan: Come Fly with Me (1989) - 7.5/10

Best of all the documentaries about MJ I've watched so far, yet far from impressive. Mostly moments from his early career, and there seems to be a little more soul in the final product then in the other documentaries.

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7129 on: November 18, 2009, 11:57:18 PM »

Nixon - 9/10 - 3rd viewing

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #7130 on: November 19, 2009, 03:49:17 PM »

Above the Rim (1994) - 3.8/10

Cliche.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #7131 on: November 20, 2009, 09:57:31 AM »

Leave Her to Heaven (1945) dir. John Stahl with Gene Tierney, Cornel Wilde, Jeanne Crain, Vincent Price, Mary Philips, Ray Collins, Darryl Hickman. Creepy film overall about a nightmare of a woman who stops at nothing to get what she wants, saw it today on FMC. Not my kind of noir, 6/10.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #7132 on: November 20, 2009, 11:43:09 AM »

Leave Her to Heaven (1945) dir. John Stahl with Gene Tierney, Cornel Wilde, Jeanne Crain, Vincent Price, Mary Philips, Ray Collins, Darryl Hickman. Creepy film overall about a nightmare of a woman who stops at nothing to get what she wants, saw it today on FMC. Not my kind of noir, 6/10.
Well, it's not really noir (despite its frequent presence on film noir lists). Love the Technicolor. And of course, Ms. Tierney cast against type works well.

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7133 on: November 20, 2009, 03:12:10 PM »

The Killer Elite - 5/10 - Peckinpah on drugs + lousy script + stupid story + bored actors = drek. Some good action scenes and a nice Jerry Feldman score provide a small amount of redemption. But it all goes out the window with the incoherent plot and James Caan fighting ninjas with a cane on a battleship.

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #7134 on: November 20, 2009, 03:29:22 PM »

The Killer Elite - 5/10 - Peckinpah on drugs + lousy script + stupid story + bored actors = drek. Some good action scenes and a nice Jerry Feldman score provide a small amount of redemption. But it all goes out the window with the incoherent plot and James Caan fighting ninjas with a cane on a battleship.

I saw it in a cinema ("Hollywood") and was bored to death. Saw it later on tv with same result.

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #7135 on: November 20, 2009, 03:58:16 PM »

This is a queer one, I didn't even know it's a Peckinpah movie until this very minute... Caught it once late at night and was like, WTF, what's going on here? Duvall and Caan are two pals on a job, they get along well with each other, then at one point Duvall shoot Caan in the ankle and basically fucks him up as well as his career... But for some very strange reason doesn't kill him... And then Caan goes on a rehabilitation program... For contract killers... Insane.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 03:59:56 PM by Dust Devil » Logged

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #7136 on: November 20, 2009, 04:00:20 PM »

I don't think I even finished it.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7137 on: November 20, 2009, 04:07:18 PM »

It got worse as it went along, you didn't miss anything. The basic story is okay but they did absolutely nothing with it. Maybe it's me but I only get so much pleasure out of action scenes without context or reason.

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #7138 on: November 20, 2009, 06:21:20 PM »

Near Dark (1987) - 4/10

Often over-the-top and childish vampire flick. You can witness here Kathryn Bigelow was a big fan of James Cameron, they even married later in the decade. There also seems be a connection with two later vampire flicks: John Carpenter's Vampires and 30 Days of Night. Not much entertaining if you ask me.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7139 on: November 20, 2009, 08:59:13 PM »

Valkyrie - 9/10 - 3rd viewing. I do have better things to do but I wanted to get the taste of Killer Elite out of my mouth.

Pages: 1 ... 474 475 [476] 477 478 ... 1170 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM