Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2017, 05:19:21 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
Pages: 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492 493 ... 1161 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  (Read 1760714 times)
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7350 on: January 09, 2010, 08:11:38 PM »

Notorious - 8/10 - 2nd viewing.

Saturday nights with Groggy
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #7351 on: January 09, 2010, 09:39:25 PM »

08/15 p.1 (1954) This is the first installment of a trilogy. I'll skip on the other two as they seem to be even less incisive than this one. A movie on the life in german barracks on the brink of WWII. No sign of nazism,  usual sadistic NCO's and their unsatisfied wives, the troops and their girls, benevolent officers: kinda From Here to Eternity without the stars and the locations. 4\10

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #7352 on: January 09, 2010, 09:42:56 PM »

Red Rock West (1993) dir by John Dahl nowhere near as satisfying as the recently re-watched "The Last Seduction" kind of a farcical ending could have been a whole lot better 6/10.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7353 on: January 09, 2010, 11:42:01 PM »

Angel and the Badman - 7/10 - Drags a bit in spots but pretty good on the whole. One of the Duke's best performances for sure, and Gail Russell is really sweet.

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7354 on: January 10, 2010, 02:12:03 AM »

DANCES WITH WOLVES // 7/10

Would have been 8.5 if not for this lame love story with that woman. And don't get me started on her haircut. As a whole, the movie is too long (that was the over 3 hours cut). Most added scenes are forgettable, but not all of them. However, just cut out all the scenes with the woman and it will probably solve everything. I didnt remember that the parts with the white guys were so good, especially the begining.
Last but not least: DWW succeed in almost everything that avatar fails.     

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #7355 on: January 10, 2010, 02:57:18 AM »

Verrat an Deutschland (1955) Biopic about the famous Stalin spy RFichard Sorge. As good as Canaris,  good thriller with a final unexpected twist. Italian dvd release is apparently the only one around. 7\10

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7356 on: January 10, 2010, 11:47:46 AM »

The Comancheros - 8/10 - I can't believe that I never saw this movie as a kid because I've no doubt I would have loved it. It has really everything you would expect from an old-fashioned American Western: John Wayne, cowboys, Indians, gunfights, gambling - it's pretty much a textbook example of the genre. Besides all that, it's a really fun movie, if not a great work of art. Wayne is great (love his "Mon-soor"), Whitman tolerable, Ina Balin gorgeous, with Lee Marvin and Edgar Buchanan stealing the show in their respective cameos. The cinematography is gorgeous, with Curtiz arguably out-Fording Ford in his use of Monument Valley (particularly the canyon scene), the score is marvellous (I'm sure I've heard the theme song a number of places), and a great, quotable script with lots of funny moments. Lots of anachronisms (Winchester rifles in 1843?) but these are excusable; there's no reason this film couldn't have been set thirty or forty years later, really. The villains weren't given enough time to develop and the final battle is kind of underwhelming (the shootout at the ranch earlier in the film is much better) but these are minor flaws overall.

moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

View Profile
« Reply #7357 on: January 10, 2010, 12:20:16 PM »

The Clock (1945) - 7/10
Soldier Joe Allen (Robert Walker) is on a two-day leave in New York, and there he meets Alice (Judy Garland). She agrees to show him the sights and they spend the day together. The first hour is interesting but after the lovers decide that they have to get married a lot of that interest is lost. I really like the way the city (NYC) is used in the story; it feels almost like another character, and more three dimentional than either of the actual stars - but then again there's some real chemistry between them. Could be far fetched, but is there something same in this movie and the works of Wong Kar-Wai?  Kinda "WKW meets Capra"...

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #7358 on: January 10, 2010, 03:39:50 PM »

Rommel ruft Kairo (1959) Spy-story based on real facts during the desert war. It has a good pace but some cuts toward the end might have helped the cause. 6\10

« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 03:42:41 PM by titoli » Logged

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7359 on: January 10, 2010, 04:23:29 PM »

I'm noticing a pattern to these reviews of yours.

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #7360 on: January 10, 2010, 04:59:59 PM »

I'm noticing a pattern to these reviews of yours.

A rare event, isn't it?

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #7361 on: January 10, 2010, 07:50:13 PM »

Cry Danger (1951) Dir by Robert Parrish. This film I liked, the quirky trailer park setting is great and the story keeps you interested great performances by Dick Powell, Rhonda Fleming,    Nancy Morgan, Richard Erdman, William Conrad, Regis Toomey, Jean Porter,  and Jay Adler. 7/10

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #7362 on: January 11, 2010, 03:52:01 AM »

In jenen Tagen (1947) Stories set in Nazi Germany connected by the changing ownership of a car. The problem is that the owners of the cars are all beset by jinx of some sort: they're jewish or jewish related, or have to do with the 20 Juli conspirators or have something to hide from nazi authorities. Still an episode is remarkable and, had all the other ones been of this level, this would have been a masterpiece. The episode set in Russia has no preaching, no propaganda. is simple and terrifiyng like a noir (it reminded me of Detour): it tells more about the russian campaign than all the kolossals on the same subject: in 10 minutes and with just two actors. So I give this 7\10 instead of 6\10.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #7363 on: January 11, 2010, 01:47:02 PM »

In jenen Tagen (1947) Stories set in Nazi Germany connected by the changing ownership of a car.
You mean it's like The Yellow Rolls Royce, but each story is in the thriller/suspense genre? Hmmm, could be good.

That's what you get, Drink, for lying in the middle of the road.
T.H.
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #7364 on: January 11, 2010, 05:25:07 PM »

DJ, I finally saw WINGS OF DESIRE and I understand why you prefer it to PARIS, TEXAS. I'd say both movies are 10s but I prefer PT because its plot is so perfectly and delicated handled for 2.5 hours. It's a constant, slow build. My only knock on WOD is the end speech between Ganz's character and the woman; the less words said the better, everything else is exceptional, especially Peter Falk.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre. What did you think of the script?
Pages: 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492 493 ... 1161 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM