Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 04:18:39 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 ... 1162 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  (Read 1767575 times)
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #8340 on: September 04, 2010, 06:40:35 AM »

Así era Pancho Villa (1957) 5/10

The disembodied head of Mexico's best-known rebel Poncho Villa narrates several short stories from his own life. Cast Pedro Armendáriz as Pancho Villa, María Elena Marqués as Jesusita de Chihuahua, and Carlos López Moctezuma as Fierro. Dir: Ismael Rodríquez. (One firing squad scene) Too much talk

Pancho Villa y la Valentina (1960) 5/10

The many sides of Pancho Villa, one of Mexico's best-known rebels, are revealed.
Cast: Pedro Armendáriz, Elsa Aquirre, Carlos López Moctezuma. Dir: Ismael Rodríquez. (too much talk)

Cuando ¡Viva Villa..! es la muerte (1960) 6/10

Stories of the life of Pancho Villa are recounted by teachers, prisoners, farm hands and other small town residents.
Cast: Pedro Armendáriz, Elsa Aquirre, Carlos López Moctezuma. Dir: Ismael Rodríquez. C-92 mins This one started to look like a typical Zapata battle scenes machine guns trains best of the lot but still too much talk not enough scenery

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #8341 on: September 04, 2010, 09:42:54 AM »

Le boulet aka Dead Weight (2002) - somewhere just beneath a 6/10

French action-comedy. Didn't laugh non-stop while watching it but it can pass for a time-waster, liked the actors.

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8342 on: September 04, 2010, 09:57:02 AM »

I did see those films were on CJ, and I was briefly intrigued, but I decided to be a dope and revisit a film I've already seen and enjoyed. Thanks for showing that I made the right choice. Afro

Saturday nights with Groggy
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #8343 on: September 04, 2010, 02:56:45 PM »

The Man Who Would Be King - 8/10 - 5th viewing. As before, I think it's a fun, solid piece of work on the whole, but there's something wrong with it that I can't quite put my finger on.
The fact that it's a non-Bond Connery movie that doesn't completely suck, perhaps?

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8344 on: September 04, 2010, 03:15:45 PM »

I can name quite a few non-Bond Connery films I enjoy. So that's not it.

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8345 on: September 04, 2010, 04:29:51 PM »

I've seen the movie, it's good. I've even seen the pointless remake Welcome to Collinwood for some reason.

It had two meanings:

how can you have not found her hot or attractive in anything else?

two, She's about 3-4 years from her prime. I'd say she looks the best in Zurlini's Girl With a Suitcase. My signature picture is from the movie if you didn't know.

Obviously beauty is subjective I just found it hard to believe. We seem to have very different taste in women, oh well.

You're talking about beauty, I'm talking about hotness. And that is very subjective, though easily detectable and undebatable. I can easily realize she's pretty and attractive, but that doesn't make her, for me, hot. As the most eminent contributor to this forum could eloquently explain to you, it's all in the eyes. And in her eyes I see nothing. Which doesn't mean nothing it's there to be found, but only that I'm unable to see it.

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8346 on: September 04, 2010, 04:34:10 PM »

The Man Who Would Be King - 8/10 - 5th viewing. As before, I think it's a fun, solid piece of work on the whole, but there's something wrong with it that I can't quite put my finger on.

What I didn't like when i first saw the movie in the cinema and prevented me from watching it again on tv (or maybe I did, but can't remember for sure) is that the movie doesn't stick to adventure but wants to get "deeper".  I would have much preferred

SPOILER (What a stupid thing are spoilers")

Connery to escape his death. 

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8347 on: September 04, 2010, 06:02:53 PM »

I thought the pacing was a bit off and its turn to seriousness in the last forty minutes didn't always work. Nothing that seriously hurts the film but it prevents me from giving it a higher score.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8348 on: September 04, 2010, 08:41:23 PM »

(500) Days of Summer - 5/10 - A treacly romcom for hipsters. Everything seems painfully familiar, from the loser Everyman hero stuck in a job he hates (so of course he's going to quit it while giving a big speech) to the "quirky" girl of his dreams to the precocious potty-mouthed little girl and the characters' love of pseudo-obscure music. I guess what makes this better than every other film with these elements is the slightly-non-chronological order and an extended Ingmar Bergman parody rather than anything substantiative. Well, to be fair, there are a few creative sequences that shine (Expectations Vs. Reality) and a few of the protagonist's mopier moments struck a chord. But for the most part it's pretty damned typical. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is likeable enough; Zooey Deschanel is cute but it would help if she weren't such a bitch. Anyway, blah.

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8349 on: September 04, 2010, 08:50:17 PM »

I thought the pacing was a bit off and its turn to seriousness in the last forty minutes didn't always work.

That is a defect common to most of houston movies.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8350 on: September 04, 2010, 08:52:17 PM »

True.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8351 on: September 05, 2010, 01:52:56 AM »

I'd say she looks the best in Zurlini's Girl With a Suitcase.
Seconded.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8352 on: September 05, 2010, 01:54:24 AM »

I can name quite a few non-Bond Connery films I enjoy.
Oh, no, not another ZARDOZ fan!!!  Shocked

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8353 on: September 05, 2010, 01:56:49 AM »

Zooey Deschanel is cute
Nah, she looks like your sister.

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #8354 on: September 05, 2010, 04:42:59 AM »

You're talking about beauty, I'm talking about hotness. And that is very subjective, though easily detectable and undebatable. I can easily realize she's pretty and attractive, but that doesn't make her, for me, hot. As the most eminent contributor to this forum could eloquently explain to you, it's all in the eyes. And in her eyes I see nothing. Which doesn't mean nothing it's there to be found, but only that I'm unable to see it.

You like 'em more carnal, eh titoli? Cool

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 ... 1162 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM