Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 10:51:33 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
Pages: 1 ... 557 558 [559] 560 561 ... 1170 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  (Read 1841904 times)
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8370 on: September 09, 2010, 03:26:31 PM »

TERMINATOR 2 - 9/10

Still the best action flick around. The last part is getting harder and harder to sit through with rewatch.

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8371 on: September 09, 2010, 06:20:32 PM »

The Wind and the Lion - 9/10 - Yes, again. In fairness I've recently managed to track down an extremely rare biography of the Raisuli and I can claim this as supplementary research. Cheesy

Saturday nights with Groggy
Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8372 on: September 11, 2010, 12:03:43 AM »

Munich - 7-8/10 - 2nd viewing. I first saw this four or five years ago and thought it was amazing. I'll have to knock it down a few notches on a rewatch, though. In fairness, I still like most of what I liked about it before: the stylish action scenes, the well-crafted plot, the mostly-good acting (nice to revisit it now that Daniel Craig and Mathieu Amalric are "name" Hollywood actors, and I can now better enjoy the Michael Lonsdale cameo), the even-handed portrayal of a difficult subject (terrorism and how to combat it) and some scenes are extremely powerful (especially the final flashback). But there were a number of things that bugged me, namely the many facile scenes of the Mossad guys constantly debating the ethics of what they're doing while in the field, which rings extremely false throughout. Ciaran Hinds is a particularly obnoxious case: he's such a negative nelly from day one that a guy wonders how he got selected for the team at all. The usual Spielberg touches are in evidence although he's never been one for subtlety. And the movie ending on a shot of the Twin Towers: gag. So, yeah, it's still mostly good, but not as good as I remembered.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 09:23:24 PM by Groggy » Logged

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8373 on: September 11, 2010, 08:01:16 PM »

White Heat - 8/10 - A fine hybrid of the classic gangster film and film noir. James Cagney perfectly combines everything loathsome about the Hollywood gangster and creates one of the most memorable anti-heroes in Hollywood history. Virginia Mayo is a perfect femme fatale type, and it's nice to see Edmond O'Brien before he became Hollywood's go-to eccentric old man.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8374 on: September 12, 2010, 10:06:25 PM »

Geronimo: An American Legend - 9/10 - I have to say I was really pleasantly surprised by this flick. It's not the last word on historical accuracy, with a heavy revisionist agenda to push, but it remains mostly honest and mostly avoids the preaching one might expect. Great action scenes, nice script, beautiful Ford-esque cinematography are a big plus; wasn't crazy about the score. (Parenthetically, for a PG-13 movie the violence was extremely graphic.) Very good cast, especially Wes Studi and Robert Duvall. Definitely recommended.

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8375 on: September 13, 2010, 02:48:10 AM »

I have never seen all of this, but I caught on TV a scene when I was a kid, with a Indian charging alone at the yankees if i remember correctly. Thought it was very graphic, but I always wanted to see that movie (although the voice over, in French, sounds terrible).

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #8376 on: September 13, 2010, 06:30:13 AM »

Colossus: The Forbin Project (1970) - 7/10

Why the hell couldn't we just let the bloody computer do its fuckin' job?

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8377 on: September 13, 2010, 02:31:26 PM »

Exit Wounds (2001) - 6.5/10

This shallow shit is very entertaining. Steven Seagal does his antics and Jill Hennessy is hot to lick your fingers clean.

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8378 on: September 13, 2010, 02:36:02 PM »

TERMINATOR 2 - 9/10

Still the best action flick around. The last part is getting harder and harder to sit through with rewatch.

Now that I'm older I prefer the first one way more; the second fits in the definition of perversion perfectly. Still an excellent action flick, though.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 02:37:46 PM by Dust Devil » Logged

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8379 on: September 13, 2010, 04:52:23 PM »

Three Came Home - 8/10 - Very good WWII melodrama with Claudette Colbert as an American national living on Borneo, interned by the Japanese Army when they occupy the island. Shows POW life with a surprising degree of violence and brutality for a 1950 film, though it can't help but end happily. Colbert is superb; it's also nice to Sessue Hayakawa rehearsing his Bridge on the River Kwai role.

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8380 on: September 14, 2010, 05:35:18 AM »

Shock Waves (1977) The nazi-zombies, yeah. I give it 6\10 because there's no gore, no over the top effects and because Carradine is very good. 6\10

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #8381 on: September 14, 2010, 06:34:18 PM »

Three Came Home, caught it also, not bad.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8382 on: September 15, 2010, 08:10:39 PM »

Al Capone - 8/10 - Cool vintage gangster pic with Rod Steiger as the title character. Aside from an occasionally-hectoring narration and some odd historical gaffes (it does get most things right) it's a solid film. Steiger is Steiger, which is not a bad thing when he's playing Al Capone. Nice photography from Lucien Ballard and some neat editing (including a cool "match cut" three years before Lawrence of Arabia) is also noteworthy.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #8383 on: September 16, 2010, 06:11:02 AM »

a cool "match cut" three years before Lawrence of Arabia
Thanks for the clue. I'm guessing the film came out in '59?

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8384 on: September 16, 2010, 09:56:06 AM »

Yeah.

Pages: 1 ... 557 558 [559] 560 561 ... 1170 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM