Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 01:19:10 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
Pages: 1 ... 580 581 [582] 583 584 ... 1166 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  (Read 1802109 times)
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8715 on: December 27, 2010, 06:21:15 PM »

I agree with everything you've said. Everything.

Afro

Saturday nights with Groggy
Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8716 on: December 29, 2010, 01:07:43 PM »

The Sons of Katie Elder - 8/10 - 2nd viewing. Very conventional but very good.

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #8717 on: December 30, 2010, 04:21:04 AM »

Broadcast News (1987) - 3 (?) out of 10

Made it through the first 80 minutes or so and couldn't go beyond, boring as hell.

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8718 on: December 30, 2010, 04:14:17 PM »

Best Seller (1987) This has a good beginning, but then wastes itself in drooling conversations between the two protagonists going nowhere, sacrificing the action. A pity because the starting point of the plot (is Woods telling the truth or only trying to involve Dennehy in some kind of scam?) was good. 5\10

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8719 on: December 31, 2010, 03:35:48 PM »

Road To Bali (1952) Well, I like these folks, I like the gals, the colours, I like the studio sets and sometime they are funny: exactly how Lewis and Martin's movies were at the time. Sol I give it 6\10. 

moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

View Profile
« Reply #8720 on: January 03, 2011, 01:31:46 AM »

My Blueberry Nights (2007) - 7/10
WKW making a "WKW film". Unlike most people, I rather liked Norah Jones in her role.

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8721 on: January 03, 2011, 01:48:11 AM »

It Happened Tomorrow (1944) Nice comedy as you can expect from Clair. Not a masterpiece but highly professionally made. 7\10

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8722 on: January 03, 2011, 06:09:20 PM »

The Man in the White Suit - 8/10 - 2nd viewing.

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8723 on: January 04, 2011, 05:57:08 PM »

The Package (1989) I am not sure I saw this before, maybe I missed it because of the italian title (Kill the White Dove )-which is better than the original but still unconvinging. Well, this is one of the best conspiracy thrillers around, I just put it one step under "Condor". The driving force of the movie is the fast pace, which really never abates. Little is shown of the political crap ideas inducing traitors on both sides to arrange the killing of the russian leader. Hackman is very good, Very. Joana Cassidy looks like Kay Parker: that is another plus. Tommy Lee Jones, on the contrary, shows why it took him so long to become a star: he's unconvincing as the the designed killer. 8\10

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8724 on: January 05, 2011, 03:02:34 AM »

The Package (1989) I am not sure I saw this before, maybe I missed it because of the italian title (Kill the White Dove )-which is better than the original but still unconvinging. Well, this is one of the best conspiracy thrillers around, I just put it one step under "Condor". The driving force of the movie is the fast pace, which really never abates. Little is shown of the political crap ideas inducing traitors on both sides to arrange the killing of the russian leader. Hackman is very good, Very. Joana Cassidy looks like Kay Parker: that is another plus. Tommy Lee Jones, on the contrary, shows why it took him so long to become a star: he's unconvincing as the the designed killer. 8\10

Indeed, this is a good thriller, I've seen it two or three times in the past. I don't remember as much, but I do remember that ''chew some deer shit'' joke from the beginning.

I don't remember having a problem with TLJ.

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8725 on: January 05, 2011, 03:09:50 AM »

Best Seller (1987) This has a good beginning, but then wastes itself in drooling conversations between the two protagonists going nowhere, sacrificing the action. A pity because the starting point of the plot (is Woods telling the truth or only trying to involve Dennehy in some kind of scam?) was good. 5\10

I remember liking this well enough. Woods and Dennehy at their best.

There's that great scene when they knock at that old woman's door at like midnight, and she lets them in. Woods turns to Dennehy and says to him: Can you believe this, she's letting us in? We could be a pair maniacs. Or something among similar those lines. Grin

moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8726 on: January 06, 2011, 05:52:14 PM »

A Woman Is a Woman (1961) - 7.5-8/10

PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8727 on: January 07, 2011, 11:07:06 PM »

Once Upon a Time in America - 10/10
If this movie had a dick i'd slobber aaaallll over it for 4 hours. GETTING THE BLU RAY IN A FEW DAYS!!!! Can't wait for next year's viewing.

The New World - 4/5
Underrated Malick film. Probably his worst besides Badlands though. But still. Good. Maybe the prettiest movie ever made? The only others in competition is Malick's other work, and the trailer for The Tree of Life.

Exit Through the Gift Shop - 4/5
Another example of a documentary more entertaining and intriguing than most movies. A film about graffiti which completely dragged me in.

Three Colors - Blue - 1/10
I don't think I've ever hated a movie this fucking much. So it starts with a husband and daughter dying. Why should I care about them? And even moreso, why should I care about the wife/mother who does nothing but sulk in her emptiness for 90 minutes? Scene after scene the movie drags and drags and drags and drags. And what's up with all the fucking blue tint and blue objects in every scene? Is the color just used to add even more to the atmosphere of the film, which only centers upon this woman's emptiness? WOW, WHAT A FUN MOVIE! I mean, I don't even fucking care that its sad, but just that the movie gives me NO reason to care about the woman or her lost family. Everything is so fucking dry and dull to the point where it seems to literally be the point to make the movie as empty-feeling as possible. And if that's the case, what's the point? I've never seen a French movie or any movie in general try even harder to be as 'artsy' as possible with the random fades to black in the middle of scenes, overuse of blue, and awful use of music. Not to mention almost every action in the entire film is pointless and nonsensical. I turned the bullshit off as soon as the woman started crying over her guilt of unleashing a cat to kill mice. Are you fucking kidding me? Fuck this. This is worse than Scott Pilgrim.

Guess I'll watch White now.

moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8728 on: January 08, 2011, 04:22:57 AM »

Three Colors - Blue - 1/10
That movie made me cry. Rrpower's rating: 1/10.

Rosemary's Baby (1968) - 7.5/10
I had seen it once before like ten years ago.

PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8729 on: January 08, 2011, 10:26:33 AM »

That movie made me cry. Rrpower's rating: 1/10.
Well if it had an emotional impact on you i cant argue it, i will just never understand how anything within the characters in that film could make someone attached enough to it to cry.

Three Colors: White - a pretty good, very interesting film in comparison to, in general, all others movies. But in comparison to "Blue", it is a masterpiece. So much ridiculously fucking better in every way.

I hated Blue more than anything, liked/really liked White, what will I think of Red?

Pages: 1 ... 580 581 [582] 583 584 ... 1166 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM